Page 366 of 760 FirstFirst ... 266316356362363364365366367368369370376416466 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,490 of 11387

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Has any other superhero had six solo movies in the same continuity? That’s a pretty huge commitment.
    No but its more on par with the Rocky series or the Fast and the Furious franchise.

Has any other superhero had six solo movies in the same continuity? That’s a pretty huge commitment.
    Thor is getting four, which will be a first.

Incredible Member

The closest we've come so far has been Christopher Reeves doing 4 Superman films, and now Chris Hemsworth doing four Thor films.

Other notable footnote includes Toby Maguire having signed on for a fourth Spider-Man film, and Sony greenlighting scripts for a fifth and sixth film in that series, before it got scrapped when Raimi wasn't going to meet their deadline, and they went in favor of Amazing Spider-Man. Similarly, a third and fourth Amazing Spider-Man films were announced and scheduled, before being scrapped in favor of working with Marvel Studios.

So at the very least, Sony has long wanted a long-running Spider-Man franchise, and it appears this iteration as of now has the best opportunity of being what they've long strived for.

According to Hollywood Reporter, Sony insiders say that it's not set in stone yet. Tom is only signed on for one 'MCU movie' after NWH. We don't which project it will be yet (FF?).

Amy Pascal is known to speak out about stuff that hasn't been finalized yet. She said Venom and Morbius were part of the MCU way before the first Venom movie came out. Then there was Sony trying to do a Sinister Six movie. Granted her wish got granted and Venom is in the MCU now along with the Sinister Six but she spoke out about it when such a deal hasn't even been finalized yet at that point.

Extraordinary Member

Pascal Says A New Spider-Man Trilogy Coming With A Major Difference

Holland gonna hold their ass over the fire for mega bucks. His agent is probably salivating right now.

the "i shouldn't be doing spider-man if im 30" line likely was just public negotiations. "Pay me" lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Holland gonna hold their ass over the fire for mega bucks. His agent is probably salivating right now.

the "i shouldn't be doing spider-man if im 30" line likely was just public negotiations. "Pay me" lol
    At this point Holland is in that phase of being an MCU actor where they keep making it unclear how long they'll still be doing it with every production until they pay him more .

Eh, just pay the man.

The Marvel contracts are wild; behavioral clauses, schedule requirements, fitness requirements.....it seems like when you sign up with Marvel, they own your ass, not just when you're working on their movies but all the damn time. Can't blame Holland or anyone else for demanding a heavy payday.

I don't support greed, and actors, athletes, and other celebrities get paid way too damn much in the first place (let's pay teachers and fire fighters more, and those other guys less, yeah?). But a Marvel contract is literally signing your life away, and that *does* deserve a stupid big paycheck.

In any case, I don't doubt that Marvel wants Holland to stick around. They lost Boseman, Brie hasn't proven popular enough to help carry the MCU into the future (yet?) and certainly Marvel doesn't want to lose either Spidey or Holland. For sure Fiege wants to keep the guy around. But whether this turns out to be true? I've ridden the Sony-Marvel rollercoaster a couple times now so I'll just wait for the official, post-contract signing announcement before I get too worked up.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

So far Dr Strange appears to be the central character of Phase 4. Once SI, Ms Marvel and Marvel come out, CM would probably take center stage. Her movie had the opposite problem that Eternals had on Rotten Tomatoes: low audience rating but high critical rating.

ugh

spoilers:
    so it begins. I don't want this same casting crap. I've had enough of netflix Kingpin. There are so many great actors, why retread? So we are going to re-do the same arcs with the same characters but they just don't remmeber lol? this is silly
    end of spoilers
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Let's GOOO!!

If "Uncle" is who I think it is, I cannot friggin' believe it!!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Eh, just pay the man.

The Marvel contracts are wild; behavioral clauses, schedule requirements, fitness requirements.....it seems like when you sign up with Marvel, they own your ass, not just when you're working on their movies but all the damn time. Can't blame Holland or anyone else for demanding a heavy payday.

I don't support greed, and actors, athletes, and other celebrities get paid way too damn much in the first place (let's pay teachers and fire fighters more, and those other guys less, yeah?). But a Marvel contract is literally signing your life away, and that *does* deserve a stupid big paycheck.

In any case, I don't doubt that Marvel wants Holland to stick around. They lost Boseman, Brie hasn't proven popular enough to help carry the MCU into the future (yet?) and certainly Marvel doesn't want to lose either Spidey or Holland. For sure Fiege wants to keep the guy around. But whether this turns out to be true? I've ridden the Sony-Marvel rollercoaster a couple times now so I'll just wait for the official, post-contract signing announcement before I get too worked up.
    I’m not sure but isn’t it Sony paying Tom Holland for the Spider-man movies?

My understanding is that Marvel has no financial commitments to these movies as such Sony makes majority of the profits.

But it does sound like Sony wants to keep Tom Holland around. They’ll have to back up the money truck to pay him though. Asking an actor to commit to so many Spider-man movies within a relatively short space of time is a lot. He’ll need to be very well compensated for it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    If I remember correctly, RDJr's original contract ended with 3, and they weren't sure if he'd return. That's why 3 provided a viable jumping off point for him.

As I said, Iron Man 3 isn't one of my favorite MCU films but I think it's better than its reputation indicates. But that's just me. [/B]
    the reputation it gets is because of the mandarin twist, many just found it soo outrageous for all the wrong reasons, apart from that, i would say iron man 3 is easier to get through than Thor the dark world or captain marvel and the movie is not completely cringe worthy as age of ultron.

Extraordinary Member

"Uncle"...hmmm....is it MEPHISTO???

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I’m not sure but isn’t it Sony paying Tom Holland for the Spider-man movies?

My understanding is that Marvel has no financial commitments to these movies as such Sony makes majority of the profits.

But it does sound like Sony wants to keep Tom Holland around. They’ll have to back up the money truck to pay him though. Asking an actor to commit to so many Spider-man movies within a relatively short space of time is a lot. He’ll need to be very well compensated for it.
    Actually you bring up an interesting point. I wonder how his contract(s) are structured, because he should be getting paid by Sony for the Spider-Man films, and Marvel Studios for Captain America: Civil War and the Avengers film. I know nothing about contract law, so did he have two separate Spider-Man contracts? Does he have one with Sony, and Marvel leases out one of their options?

And Marvel Studios had no financial commitment on Homecoming and Far From Home, but for No Way Home, they negotiated a 25%(?) stake in the movie. Those negotiations are what led to the original collapse of the partnership. So Marvel Studios pays 25% of the costs, and they get 25% of the profits. It's likely a bit more complex than that, but that's the gist of their new agreement.