Page 367 of 760 FirstFirst ... 267317357363364365366367368369370371377417467 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,505 of 11387
    Extraordinary Member

Study 49% Of Moviegoers Haven’t Returned To Theaters Over Cost & Safety

It is 100% cost for me.

I was buying tickets for Paw Patrol the Movie. Went online, bought my seats, and noticed it was WAY more expensive than what it used to be.

Looked at the breakdown... the theater was charging a service/convenience fee... FOR EACH TICKET. It was always like 3 bucks per transaction but they changed it to 5 bucks PER TICKEt. And extra 20 bucks for absolutely no freaking reason.

I cancelled it, went in person and bought tickets, and haven't been back to the theaters. With stuff going on D+ so fast, I don't feel like i've missed anything.

I used to go to movies at least once a month and I've been 2x since the pandemic started .Godzilla and Paw Patrol. I'll go see spider-man eventually bc that isn't on D+ but I am not eager to pay so much for the theater experience anymore. I'll just for redbox or where it streams and watch the various streaming stuff in the meantime.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    It seem to have flown too much under the radar but the...a Fantastic Four movie has been officially announced by Marvel Studios with a director. I also think we will likely get an xmen film in late 2023 or early 2024 and not 2025-2026 because marvel is going to do as much as they can to fade out Eternals and some of the issues they have had on phase 4. the only best way to do is get an xmen movie on the way ASAP.

They have already started laying the grounds by announcing X-MEN 97 and usually marvel-disney never has an IP cartoon running when the IP movie is not in pre-production
    My issues with Phase 4 have not really been the quality so to speak. I mean, I enjoyed and liked each of the shows and movies I've seen. It's the quantity. I think Marvel Studios is putting out too many products too quickly. When Black Widow came out when the Loki series had yet to conclude (immediately followed by the What If series), I became fatigued by the MCU (for the first time EVER). I used the pandemic lockdowns to catch up on the movies, so I was fucking hyped when things got going in 2021. But I almost completely lost interest over the summer of 2021. Each of these shows/movies introduced a bunch of new characters and since I'm more of a casual fan I was starting to feel overwhelmed.

It's funny, if famous movie directors and actors/actresses spoke out against the MCU at the beginning of this year, I would have been absolutely livid. But fandom toxicity has reached new heights in the past few months (in my opinion), and it's actually me made a little LESS pro-MCU. I don't want to keep having characters who have been in the MCU for over a DECADE starting NEW teams in future phases. I like the actors/actresses, but continuity issues are starting to be a problem for me. I just got caught up with Hawkeye and I noticed the series opened with a flashback which took place nine years and twenty movies ago. Disney is making it REALLY hard for newcomers to hop on board the MCU train. As I've said MANY times in this thread, after the Eternals came out it was the first time EVER that the entertainment media turned on the MCU (the entertainment media has been quite friendly to the MCU even when they didn't like their movies). I definitely think that's a HUGE warning sign for execs at Marvel Studios (and I can't imagine the movie could have been THAT bad). To me, that's an indication that folks are getting just a little bit tired of Marvel. That's why I'm SO relieved that Feige is delaying future projects. I think he gets the message. Spider-Man 3 will succeed largely because of the nostalgia factor (in my view), but I'm more concerned about Doctor Strange 2. In MY opinion, I don't think Marvel Studios has done a great job of explaining concepts like time travel and multiverses to casual audience members. These are high science-fiction concepts and though "nerds" and "geeks" love this stuff, they might not go over well with newcomers and folks who just wanna see movies to be entertained. It took ME quite a while to fully understand the ideas Endgame and Loki introduced, but I imagine LOTS of people don't wanna put in the research to "get" that stuff. I actually believe Strange 2 could go either way in being a success or a flop for this very reason. I AM encouraged by rumors that Loki, Sylvie and Mobius being part of this film though. Unlike many posters on this thread, I think audiences will need to have some idea of what happened in Loki to enjoy Strange 2.

I'm actually hoping Disney delays releasing anything related to the Fox properties even FURTHER. We've seen the FF and the X-Men PLENTY of times in the past twenty years.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 12-02-2021 at 11:10 AM.

First look at Kang in Quantumania:

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Let's GOOO!!

If "Uncle" is who I think it is, I cannot friggin' believe it!!
    Let's not get too excited.

Ralph Bhoner. Let us never forget that lesson.

I agree it'd be pretty great if true, that particular actor in that role is something we didn't get enough of. But I'm not assuming anything.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I'm really out of the loop. Why is the "uncle" such a big deal? What does this have to do with the Hawkeyes?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Let's not get too excited.

Ralph Bhoner. Let us never forget that lesson.

I agree it'd be pretty great if true, that particular actor in that role is something we didn't get enough of. But I'm not assuming anything.
    I know, I know, but it's hard not to get excited; he's so good and it would be a shame if he was not in that role for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I'm really out of the loop. Why is the "uncle" such a big deal? What does this have to do with the Hawkeyes?

Uncle, is possibly related to a character in Hawkeye and is possibly a MAJOR Marvel villain

I know, I know, but it's hard not to get excited; he's so good and it would be a shame if he was not in that role for a long time

Uncle, is possibly related to a character in Hawkeye and is possibly a MAJOR Marvel villain
    Ah, I think I know what's up now. Thanks!

Astonishing Member

At this point if it isn't him Fans are going to be pissssssssed. And beyond that. The show is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    At this point if it isn't him Fans are going to be pissssssssed. And beyond that. The show is really good.
    That's on them for buying into baseless rumors and setting themselves up to be disappointed by something Marvel themselves never promoted or teased. The Mandarin in IM3 and Ralph Boehner were clearly up to be bait and switches within the narrative. The Daredevil and Kingpin rumors are just people scrounging up whatever rumors they could find hoping it comes true.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    My issues with Phase 4 have not really been the quality so to speak. I mean, I enjoyed and liked each of the shows and movies I've seen. It's the quantity. I think Marvel Studios is putting out too many products too quickly. When Black Widow came out when the Loki series had yet to conclude (immediately followed by the What If series), I became fatigued by the MCU (for the first time EVER). I used the pandemic lockdowns to catch up on the movies, so I was fucking hyped when things got going in 2021. But I almost completely lost interest over the summer of 2021. Each of these shows/movies introduced a bunch of new characters and since I'm more of a casual fan I was starting to feel overwhelmed.
    Flip side of this is that with so much stuff, I can take my time and it really doesn't feel like missing out.

Like why rush to the theaters to see Eternals when I sitll have hours of TV shows to catch up on for example lol?

Hell... I'll probably wait to watch Hawkeye during a lull in programming. I have no urgency to watch it, mid December is kinda packed with other stuff I want to watch (Witcher, Spider-Man Movie for example) and then late December Bobba Fett comes out. Then the eternal's movie comes out in January I think on D+. there is like no reason for me to even bother starting Hawkeye for a long time.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    That's on them for buying into baseless rumors and setting themselves up to be disappointed by something Marvel themselves never promoted or teased. The Mandarin in IM3 and Ralph Boehner were clearly up to be bait and switches within the narrative. The Daredevil and Kingpin rumors are just people scrounging up whatever rumors they could find hoping it comes true.
    You can't blame fans about Ralph, that is silly.

They purposedly took the actor who played the character from a different movie and made him the character lol.

Blaming people for mephisto? Absolutely there own fault.

Ralph was a pure troll move that had ZERO plot significance. They could have casted a different actor as that quicksilver and the story is 100% the same but without the troll moment. It had no in story plot significance that it was the same actor.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

They purposedly took the actor who played the character from a different movie and made him the character lol.

Ralph was a pure troll move that had ZERO plot significance. They could have casted a different actor as that quicksilver and the story is 100% the same but without the troll moment. It had no in story plot significance that it was the same actor.
    What was the point of Woo even looking for a witness in Westview that wasn't even relevant to the plot beyond getting Woo involved?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I'm not blaming them for Ralph. I'm saying if they got hyped on baseless rumors like Kingpin and Daredevil being in Hawkeye and NWH respectively or the X-Men in Dr Strange 2 then that's their own fault for setting themselves up for getting disappointed.

Although, I don't think the Ralph thing was as serious as the Mandarin twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What was the point of Woo even looking for a witness in Westview that wasn't even relevant to the plot beyond getting Woo involved?
    That's the thing about mystery plots. Not everything is going to be revealed to be something significant. Folks latched on to things like Woo's eyewitness or Monica's engineer friend which were never intended to be anything more than support for stories. Woo not meeting his eyewitness doesn't break the story for me. At the end of the day, WV was about serving the characters that appeared in the story (Wanda, Vision, Monica, Tommy, Billy, Agatha) and any set up that was done was done with them and not any outside character that had nothing to do with the plot.