Page 370 of 760 FirstFirst ... 270320360366367368369370371372373374380420470 ... LastLast
Results 5,536 to 5,550 of 11387
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or like the warehouse fight in BvS.
    Nah, I wont compare Shang Chi to the warehouse fight from BvS. The warehouse fight was the most ''grounded'' fight of the entire movie in a world of god-like creatures like Superman, Doomsday and Wonder Woman.

Additionally Snyder directed the chorography to be very gritty. Shang Chi fight scenes still manages to contain a very accessible easy family friendly appeal. BvS did not.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    The fights in DKR weren't great
    All of Nolan's fights were god awful lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Eh, I thoroughly enjoyed Shang choreography except for the silly cage fight. It had enough classic kung fu stuff with enough comic book stuff mixed it. The camera didn't quick cut like crazy and let the fights actually go.

It was just 100% unnecessary to have an aerial dragon war at the very end in a very personal story about a dad and his kid(s). They should have fought in front of that door and crazy dad should have never been able to open it. The end lol. wasted millions in CGI on something that wasn't neccessary at all.

But the dragon fight was still miles better and more believable than the ending of BW lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

About the Hawkeye series...something that disappoints me is during the time the Barton family is watching Rogers: The Musical...Clint calls out that Scott was not there...but I would have liked to have him say something like "Don't get me wrong...Scott's a great guy....but he just wasn't there." Especially considering a certain
    spoilers:
    arrow shown in episode 3
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    About the Hawkeye series...something that disappoints me is during the time the Barton family is watching Rogers: The Musical...Clint calls out that Scott was not there...but I would have liked to have him say something like "Don't get me wrong...Scott's a great guy....but he just wasn't there." Especially considering a certain
    spoilers:
    arrow shown in episode 3
    end of spoilers
    I do kind of wonder how closely Clint interacted with anyone outside what we see on-screen, but that's been a big issue with the movies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I do kind of wonder how closely Clint interacted with anyone outside what we see on-screen, but that's been a big issue with the movies.
    Just from working with him in CW and Endgame he should have some sort of opinion on him...and the fact that Clint has the spoilers:
    Pym Particle Arrow
    end of spoilers should have (IMHO) gotten Scott a positive call out.

The Nolan movies had some amazing set pieces but the hand to hand combat was very weak. Him flipping Joker's truck still holds up because it was all practical compared to other movies from that time that already have aged bad. Same with the SWAT scene where he smartly takes down Joker's henchmen while keeping both civilians and SWATs alive. IMO the only real flaw was the hand to hand choreography

On another point, I feel like the visuals of the latest Marvel movies have been dropping recently. I honestly feel like recent MCU movies have looked worse than some of the earlier ones. VFX is one of the most crunched industries because it's one of the few in Hollywood not unionized and as MCU movies start using more and more CGI to pump out movies as fast as possible, the overall quality drops. The latest SP trailer had some butt ugly shots and even recent Avengers movies and BP had some PS2 looking visuals. It's a clear step down from how good the first Iron Man movie looked. I wish the MCU would have longer production times to give VFX teams longer time to work on their projects at the very least since I think practical effects in their movies have been steadily decreasing

spoilers:
    arrow shown in episode 3
    end of spoilers
    Ant-Man might have been there, but was too small to see.

Just from working with him in CW and Endgame he should have some sort of opinion on him...and the fact that Clint has the spoilers:
    Pym Particle Arrow
    end of spoilers should have (IMHO) gotten Scott a positive call out.
    Yeah, but not much in the way of on-screen interaction, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Agreed. Feige has said the biggest inspiration to the MCU is the 78 Superman movie and I think that's a great template for the tone for a Marvel series. I have no problem with R rated content but comics at their start were an all ages thing aimed primarily at kids and teens and I like that the MCU keeps to that spirit

Also, regarding the early talk about the heavy amount of content. I agree and disagree. It's way harder to catch up but it also makes it easier to just watch what I want whenever I want and catch up at another time. I haven't seen Eternals yet or even Shang-Chi and haven't even started Hawkeye but I'll probably get to those at some point this month. But I can take my time since a lot of it is just extra adventures with the characters so people can pick and choose what they like
    I also remember Fiege saying the Logan and Deadpool succeeded not because they were R rated but because their stories could be best told under an R rating.

The thing is most superheroes can work under a PG 13 and only a few superheroes really need an R rating in order to succeed. I'm glad that She Hulk and Moon Knight teases vastly different tones.

Benedict recent quote about MoM is killing my hype for a movie i was really excited about

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Benedict recent quote about MoM is killing my hype for a movie i was really excited about
    Was it about the reshoots?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This entire phase got pretty much screwed by the pandemic, the best we can hope for are some decent stories.

Is Disney/Marvel were smart they would focus on stand alone movies instead of interconnected storylines because we don't know what covid lockdowns will do to film industry.

I mean look at what happened to Loki/FatWS/WandaVision their stories had to be rewritten last minute to fit the overall narrative.

The first look for the Spider-verse sequel came out and suddenly that’s the only multiverse-focused Spider-Man movie I want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    The first look for the Spider-verse sequel came out and suddenly that’s the only multiverse-focused Spider-Man movie I want to see.
    At least there it's just building off of what the previous film already established while NWH is doing the multiverse...because why not?