Page 372 of 775 FirstFirst ... 272322362368369370371372373374375376382422472 ... LastLast
Results 5,566 to 5,580 of 11619
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Well boo.

Let the continuity mess begin.

(He's not so great an actor that he is irreplaceable. This is weird)
    What's the continuity issues?

The entirety of the Netflix MCU takes place after Avengers and before Age of Ultron and they all pretty much stayed within Hell's Kitchen save for Kun Lun and the dragons under New York.

The New York dragons don't even really matter since we know that dragons exist because of Shang Chi

Extraordinary Member

Netflix's Man Without Fear is officially expected to join the mainline Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The daredevil charlie cox is playing is the main universe one(rebooted),not the netflix mcu one.
    It's the same with kingpin in main mcu universe.
    Same actor now in the main mcu but different kingpin(rebooted).
    Just like jonah jameson in the mcu spiderman films is the same actor but a different jonah(rebooted).

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    The daredevil charlie cox is playing is the main universe one(rebooted),not the netflix mcu one.
    It's the same with kingpin in main mcu universe.
    Same actor now in the main mcu but different kingpin(rebooted).
    Just like jonah jameson in the mcu spiderman films is the same actor but a different jonah(rebooted).
    Boooooooo. That's lame and unnecessarily confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    What's the continuity issues?

The entirety of the Netflix MCU takes place after Avengers and before Age of Ultron and they all pretty much stayed within Hell's Kitchen save for Kun Lun and the dragons under New York.

The New York dragons don't even really matter since we know that dragons exist because of Shang Chi
    They didn't say Netflix was canon, they said they are using Cox.

With the way S3 ended with Kingpin, it can't be canon if they are going to use him.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

spoilers:
    May as well just confirm the Spider-Men at this point.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    i think it is better marketing at this point NOT to and just let the internet do its thing.

We will get the marketing of them like a week AFTER release to pull in those casuals who might be interested in that

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Why don't we just go all out and
    spoilers:
    tease Ben Affleck's Daredevil too with this whole multiverse thing.
    end of spoilers
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

If DD becomes part of Feige's MCU, I don't think it would be a great idea to make the Marvel Television stuff required viewing. It's just TOO much content for people to keep up with. I haven't watched any of the Netflix stuff myself. If the other Sony Spider-Men appear in No Way Home, it's sort of necessary to watch the previous pre-Holland Spider-Men films as well.

In regards to multiverses, I actually support their introduction into the MCU in theory. We've already had Disney movies dealing with the fate of the entire universe. So in order to raise stakes, Marvel Studios probably wants to do movies dealing with ALL the universes in the MCU multiverse. Here's a pretty good online article describing the utility of multiverses for the film and television mediums:

https://bamsmackpow.com/2021/11/26/r...rse-marvel-dc/

I just think Marvel Studios could do a WAY better job of explaining these concepts to general audiences with the application of firm and consistent rules when it comes to time travel/multiverses. It's still not too late for them to do better, but judging by earlier reactions to the MoM they have quite a bit of work to do.

I also happen to think that Marvel/Disney is introducing TOO many characters TOO quickly at the moment. They're SO many characters fighting for the spotlight right now in the MCU.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 12-06-2021 at 10:23 AM.

Astonishing Member

It will be super interesting how they insert the daredevil world into the MCU. However they do it, its not going to be the same violent show that the Netflix show was. But I am not sure that means a heck of a lot. Can the Kingpin be just as good without his brutality that he has shown in the Netflix show? Maybe. Im not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    It will be super interesting how they insert the daredevil world into the MCU. However they do it, its not going to be the same violent show that the Netflix show was. But I am not sure that means a heck of a lot. Can the Kingpin be just as good without his brutality that he has shown in the Netflix show? Maybe. Im not sure.
    Moon Knight might be a test for how far they're willing to go with DD.

Astonishing Member

Moon Knight might be a test for how far they're willing to go with DD.
    Yea. I honestly don't know. I mean they can do it, and it could be fine. I would love to be fly on the wall if they say DD show is cannon, or if these will just be characters from that show implanted into the MCU. I almost think it will be the later.

Well boo.

Let the continuity mess begin.

(He's not so great an actor that he is irreplaceable. This is weird)
    Usually I would agree with comments like this. BUT...I just discovered that Daredevil fans have amassed like 430,000 signatures on that Change.org petition website requesting that Disney/Marvel "save" Cox's version of that character! There's no way in HELL Feige could ignore fan demand like that without creating a MASSIVE backlash. You could even say that it's pretty inspiring that a fandom fought to save something that they love. So I'm okay with the DD Netflix characters being brought into the MCU. I just don't wanna make the Netflix stuff "required viewing" for folks like me (which I don't think will happen). I'm not on social media, so I imagine that the hornhead "stans" will be a little bit less annoying on there now? I'm not gonna name names, but I think there are several characters in the MCU who will continue to have insufferable stans on social media platforms going forward. Reducing their numbers even a little bit is a huge plus for me.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 12-06-2021 at 11:36 AM.

I guess we will see what the long term plan is but this just seems like more silly fan service.

I guess we will see what the long term plan is but this just seems like more silly fan service.
    I think people should probably temper expectations because it seems, from the sounds of it, it might just be cameos. Which can maybe be developed into more but we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves.

And it doesn't mean they're going to bring everybody from the Netflix-verse. I think Charlie Cox is the only one Feige expressed an explicit positive opinion on (not that it says he disliked the others, but still).

Daredevil is still one of the best Marvel products so I'm hyped. They can do a quasi-reboot where the previous show isn't acknowledged directly but fans will still get the full satisfaction. In general, my most hyped MCU shows right now are Spider-Man: NWH, Thor: Love and Thunder, and She-Hulk. Lost some hype for Strange and BP2