Page 373 of 760 FirstFirst ... 273323363369370371372373374375376377383423473 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,595 of 11387

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think people should probably temper expectations because it seems, from the sounds of it, it might just be cameos. Which can maybe be developed into more but we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves.
    This is good advice. Remember when everyone on the internet was convinced that either Mephisto or Nightmare was going to be revealed as the big bad in the climax of Wandavision?
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Usually I would agree with comments like this. BUT...I just discovered that Daredevil fans have amassed like 430,000 signatures on that Change.org petition website requesting that Disney/Marvel "save" Cox's version of that character! There's no way in HELL Feige could ignore fan demand like that without creating a MASSIVE backlash. You could even say that it's pretty inspiring that a fandom fought to save something that they love. So I'm okay with the DD Netflix characters being brought into the MCU. I just don't wanna make the Netflix stuff "required viewing" for folks like me (which I don't think will happen). I'm not on social media, so I imagine that the hornhead "stans" will be a little bit less annoying on there now? I'm not gonna name names, but I think there are several characters in the MCU who will continue to have insufferable stans on social media platforms going forward. Reducing their numbers even a little bit is a huge plus for me.
    Just used the Snap as a jumping on point. Matt has to readjust to the new status quo.

Cox reprising the DD role is surprising. Maybe it shouldn't be; the early drafts of Infinity War and/or Endgame included some of the Netflix characters after all, but I really didn't think Marvel would keep any of those actors when the characters were reintroduced by Marvel Studios. Didn't think the Mouse would want to risk young kids backtracking things to Netflix yknow?

But Cox was a fantastic Daredevil and I'm glad he's staying in the role. This is probably the best news I've heard out of Marvel in ages. And if Cox is back, then those rumors of Vincent being back seem *much* more likely. I don't see Marvel bringing back one without the other, personally. And I don't think I'd call it fan service either. I mean, there's an element of that I suppose, but only because Cox was so well received and remains so popular. But giving the customer what they want isn't always fan service, it's usually just good business.

I don't see it as confusing. What's hard to grasp? Cox played a version of DD on Netflix. Now he's playing another version for Fiege. We've been introduced to variants already, this is just one more. Nobody is gonna struggle to wrap their heads around this.

@ Frontier, what makes you think Cox is just doing small cameos? All I saw was a quote from Fiege saying something like "we won't say when or where Daredevil will show up, but Cox will be playing him." Maybe he'll do a cameo before launching into his own show/film, like they did with Spidey and T'Challa in Civil War, and Echo in Hawkeye, but that's just introductions and a solo project is always just around the corner afterwards.

As for Cumberbatch's comments about Strange2 not really being a Strange movie....I feel that concern; there's a lot of moving parts there. But something about it doesn't seem right to me. The protagonist having an arc is....that's basic bitch writing 101. Marvel is far from perfect but making a mistake *that* big? I struggle to imagine it. No, it seems more likely to me that Cumberbatch is either having to share the screen more than he wants to (how big an ego does he have?) or Marvel filmed things so out of order to keep things secret, nobody knows what the story actually is and it'll all be strung together in post.

Maybe Strange will have a bad character arc. Raimi did give us emo Tobey Parker after all. But *no* arc at all? Maybe I'm wrong but I can't imagine a professional, experienced film crew screwing up that badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    This is good advice. Remember when everyone on the internet was convinced that either Mephisto or Nightmare was going to be revealed as the big bad in the climax of Wandavision?
    Limiting expectations is always wise, but this isn't like the Mephisto rumors. That was just a bunch of fans making crap up and hoping it'd be true, but with Cox this is Fiege literally telling us that he will return to the DD role.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Limiting expectations is always wise, but this isn't like the Mephisto rumors. That was just a bunch of fans making crap up and hoping it'd be true, but with Cox this is Fiege literally telling us that he will return to the DD role.
    Yeah, I know they aren't the same thing.

I just think that if you heard what Feige said and you're now assuming Daredevil has a major role you're likely gonna find the same disappointment that Mephisto enthusiasts found in Wandavision. That's all I'm saying.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

I think people should probably temper expectations because it seems, from the sounds of it, it might just be cameos. Which can maybe be developed into more but we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves.

And it doesn't mean they're going to bring everybody from the Netflix-verse. I think Charlie Cox is the only one Feige expressed an explicit positive opinion on (not that it says he disliked the others, but still).
    Yeah, I don't remember Feige saying anything too positive about the other Netflix shows. I think it's because none of those other characters had fan petitions that reached into the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of signatures. I don't know who else appeared in the "Daredevil franchise" over at Netflix, but it's safe to assume they might join the MCU at some point as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Daredevil is still one of the best Marvel products so I'm hyped. They can do a quasi-reboot where the previous show isn't acknowledged directly but fans will still get the full satisfaction. In general, my most hyped MCU shows right now are Spider-Man: NWH, Thor: Love and Thunder, and She-Hulk. Lost some hype for Strange and BP2
    Yeah, I'm pretty interested in seeing the movies you mention and She-Hulk (largely because of Banner appearing). I think Secret Invasion and Armor Wars look fun too because I like Jackson and Cheadle a lot. I'm more invested in the properties featuring characters who appeared in the first three phases of the MCU. I have lost a little bit of interest in the Strange2 and Black Panther 2 as well, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Just used the Snap as a jumping on point. Matt has to readjust to the new status quo.
    If Disney makes things THAT simple, I would be pleased.

And it doesn't mean they're going to bring everybody from the Netflix-verse. I think Charlie Cox is the only one Feige expressed an explicit positive opinion on (not that it says he disliked the others, but still).
    He's apparently cameoing in several things soon (NWH, She-Hulk, Echo) so I think it's very likely we get a D+ Daredevil show at some point

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    As for Cumberbatch's comments about Strange2 not really being a Strange movie....I feel that concern; there's a lot of moving parts there. But something about it doesn't seem right to me. The protagonist having an arc is....that's basic bitch writing 101. Marvel is far from perfect but making a mistake *that* big? I struggle to imagine it. No, it seems more likely to me that Cumberbatch is either having to share the screen more than he wants to (how big an ego does he have?) or Marvel filmed things so out of order to keep things secret, nobody knows what the story actually is and it'll all be strung together in post.

Maybe Strange will have a bad character arc. Raimi did give us emo Tobey Parker after all. But *no* arc at all? Maybe I'm wrong but I can't imagine a professional, experienced film crew screwing up that badly.
    I've lost interest in DS2 the more I hear about it unfortunately and that comment by Cumberbatch confirms a lot of the fears I've had about it. Pretty much every leak/reveal I've seen on it centers around Wanda. Based on the rumors/leaks, you'd think the movie was called Scarlett Witch and the Multiverse of Madness. Him saying he's not sure if Strange has an arc just feels like him openly stating what a lot of us are worried about

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I guess we will see what the long term plan is but this just seems like more silly fan service.
    It does appear a little like that, but I guess it shows Feige doesn't really have too big an ego that he would reject out of hand successful Marvel projects which he had no hand in creating. I mean bringing in Venom (Sony), Deadpool (Fox) and Daredevil (Netflix) demonstrates to me he just cares what's best for the business because those Marvel characters each have HUGE fanbases.

Shang Chi 2 confirmed with Daniel Destin Cretton returning to write and direct. He is also developing a series for Disney+ (no word on what it's going to be) and projects for Hulu.

-I'm glad Charlie Cox is returning as Daredevil. Hope the rumors of him being in NWH and She Hulk are true. I always loved the relationship between Peter and Matt plus Jen and Matt. We'll likely learn on Wednesday if D'Onofrio is coming back as the Kingpin.

Besides the fact that Netflix owns all the Defenders shows, you don't want to launch a show which requires you to watch 3 seasons of a show that largely existed in it's own bubble. I say, soft reboot DD. Don't contradict the events of the show but no overt references either. Give it the same tone as Chip Zdarksy's run but also take notes from Mark Waid's run on how to depict Matt's senses.

As for the rest; Multiverse, Dr Strange, Black Panther, not going to comment on that any further. I think we run our selves ragged on speculation. We don't know **** about those movies except for some stuff some dude heard and little bits of pieces from the actors that may or may not have been an off the cuff remark on an 'off' day.

At this point, I would just like to see a trailer for Dr Strange 2 and Black Panther 2 before judging.

Extraordinary Member

Can't.
    If you seen hawkeye it is not possible.
    Echo and her uncle.
    The snap can't send someone to the past.
    Like i said matt and kingpin in the mcu are different then netflix mcu versions.
    Last edited by mace11; 12-06-2021 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Can't.
    If you seen hawkeye it is not possible.
    Echo and her uncle.
    I don't think the snap could someone to the past.
    Kingpin wasn't snapped, Matt was. I solved it .

Extraordinary Member

Kingpin wasn't snapped, Matt was. I solved it .
    Edited above.

Extraordinary Member

BREAKING Marvel's Shang-Chi 2 & TV Series Confirmed by Marvel Studios

Destin Daniel Cretton Inks Overall Deal With Marvel Studios & Hulu’s Onyx Collective; Set For Disney+ MCU Series & ‘Shang-Chi’ Sequel

EXCLUSIVE: Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings filmmaker Destin Daniel Cretton has entered into an exclusive multi-year overall deal with Disney companies Marvel Studios and Hulu’s Onyx Collective. The filmmaker is already in development with Marvel Studios on a new MCU series for Disney+.
    At the same time, Disney has made it official that Cretton is returning to write and direct the previously rumored sequel to Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.

Under the big new overall deal, Cretton will develop TV projects for both Marvel Studios for Disney+ and Onyx Collective across all platforms, including Hulu. Maui-born Cretton will produce through a new production company he is launching with partner Asher Goldstein, named Family Owned. Together they will focus on building a slate of projects in film and TV that highlight the experiences of communities that have traditionally been overlooked by pop culture.
    Clink link below to read more.
    https://deadline.com/2021/12/destin-...el-1234885502/