Page 374 of 761 FirstFirst ... 274324364370371372373374375376377378384424474 ... LastLast
Results 5,596 to 5,610 of 11410

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Can't.
    If you seen hawkeye it is not possible.
    Echo and her uncle.
    The snap can't send someone to the past.
    Like i said matt and kingpin in the mcu are different then netflix mcu versions.
    That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying if Matt gets a new show, it should start with him returning from the snap or saying he was snapped in the first place.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying if Matt gets a new show, it should start with him returning from the snap or saying he was snapped in the first place.
    So, interesting thing. I've thought about this a BUNCH over the years.

If Matt is snapped and Fisk isn't, then I think both Karen and Foggy have to get snapped as well. Or Fisk has them both murdered as soon as he realizes Matt is out of the picture. Also, I think Vanessa CAN'T get snapped. For the same reason. If Matt's leverage over Fisk goes, then everybody gets killed at the first opportunity.

Now, this also offers some fantastic opportunities. In a world where Fisk was around for 5 years but Matt wasn't, imagine how easily Fisk could have re-earned the trust of people. Stepping in to take charge, to keep things running smoothly. Fisk, despite his criminal history, could be viewed by many as a hero. It would be an interesting way to restore some kind of status quo without chucking out everything that came before.

Of course, the alternative is that Matt survives and maybe Fisk doesn't. I have no idea what Fisk's status quo looks like in that case, but you could have DD be a veteran vigilante with loads of experience gained offscreen. Basically meet a new, leveled up version of the Netflix Daredevil who has years more hero and combat experience.

I think either option could be creatively fulfilling. Though I expect we'll see something of a soft reboot. Imply that things happened, but feel free to contradict the Netflix shows if the story requires it. Basically, leave it as an option that DD S1-S3 happened, but don't directly refer to anything from them that makes them required viewing and don't be beholden to them as gospel if there's a good idea that means chucking bits of them.

Astonishing Member

I mean both the above options are interesting. What if they both got snapped?

Now, this also offers some fantastic opportunities. In a world where Fisk was around for 5 years but Matt wasn't, imagine how easily Fisk could have re-earned the trust of people. Stepping in to take charge, to keep things running smoothly. Fisk, despite his criminal history, could be viewed by many as a hero. It would be an interesting way to restore some kind of status quo without chucking out everything that came before.
    This is just redoing season three though

That is the problem if they keep anything from the netflix world and want to keep doing KP and DD. We've had what... 45 hours of it already? how many more times can we watch them get bloody and scream in each others faces lol. How many more times do we want to see KP be sad about vanessa?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Be forewarned there is a very legit leak going around with spider-man movie of the whole movie.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Be forewarned there is a very legit leak going around with spider-man movie of the whole movie.
    Yep. Even the soundtrack confirms A LOT of stuff.

Seriously, what is the cause of this "Spider-mania"?? It's so crazy that we even have soccer players in Europe mimicking Spider-man web-slinging after they score.

Was the last movie that loved? Or is the "Days of Future Past" premise that is driving everyone crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Seriously, what is the cause of this "Spider-mania"?? It's so crazy that we even have soccer players in Europe mimicking Spider-man web-slinging after they score.

Was the last movie that loved? Or is the "Days of Future Past" premise that is driving everyone crazy?
    He's always been extremely popular but he's been on a roll in terms of popular media the last few years. A great live action solo movie with appearances in the huge Avengers movies, a critically acclaimed animated series, and an extremely successful and well received video game. Combine that with the hype over all three live action Spider-Man teaming up on screen and you have the recipe for massive Spyder-hype
    Last edited by The Kid; 12-07-2021 at 09:58 AM.

I think part of it is finally getting an MCU property on the big screen that is a character people know and seems "big"

So it is almost an event type film.

Widow was dead so everyone knew the film was minor, Shang was new, and Eternals was new and critically crushed.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    this whole phase to me seems to be marvel going, "LETS GO BIGGER!" for no reason. Spider-man is kinda nuts, Strange is skipping the villain right in their face (mordo) for a potential cameo fest, black panther is seemingly going to war with atlantis for some reason

like.. why lol
    While this is true, people also endlessly complain about the smaller scale stuff. For example I still hear people complain that WandaVision was just a story about her grief and didn’t include Mephisto or more steps towards MoM. Or people who complain about Hawkeye and FatWS being more street level when compared to the universe hopping Loki.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I mean both the above options are interesting. What if they both got snapped?
    But Fisk being around while Matt (and possibly Foggy and Karen) getting snapped is the easiest way to explain Fisk's rise to power after DDS3.

Spider-Man is a bigger character than the MCU. While Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Dr Strange needed the MCU and to work in tandem to achieve their current popularity, Spider-Man was already a big character outside of that sandbox.

Spider-Man was so popular when he was introduced in the 60's that he became *the* template for every teenage hero juggling between being a superhero and their normal everyday lives (usually in High School) while slowly growing up. Everyone from Richard Rider Nova to Wally West (in Flash Vol 2) to Kyle Rayner to Danny Phantom to Max Steel are all riffs of the same archetype, just tweaked slightly. Even Clark Kent on Smallville was somewhat reminiscent of Peter Parker (helps that the creators of the show later wrote Spider-Man 2) if you switch destiny with responsibility.

He was so popular when he was introduced that Stan and Jack decided to create a whole team of teenage superheroes and dubbed it 'The X-Men'.

The first two Raimi movies were huge. Singer's X-men was good but back in 2002 there was something about seeing Spider-Man coming to life on screen looking almost exactly like he did in the comic books and fighting Doc Ock, Green Goblin and Sandman all resembling their comic book counterparts to varying degrees that was new and fresh at the time.

Spider-Man had multiple solo cartoon shows and video games and even before he joined the MCU, his merch was out sold every other hero including the Avengers, Superman and Batman.

He also has more universal appeal or more accurately, cross cultural appeal than any other superhero, largely due to his working class roots. People, no matter whether they are black, white, Asian, Latino, Indian, are all able to connect with Peter Parker's struggles on some level. He has a fanbase that spans multiple generations and age groups.

The irony is that Peter is always more popular in our universe than he will ever be in any Marvel universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    While this is true, people also endlessly complain about the smaller scale stuff. For example I still hear people complain that WandaVision was just a story about her grief and didnÂ’t include Mephisto or more steps towards MoM. Or people who complain about Hawkeye and FatWS being more street level when compared to the universe hopping Loki.
    Well, different content is going to appeal to different people. Especially something like the MCU which has a massive fanbase. Making content that appeals to different audiences and cultivating fanbases for each then having them all converge for the massive cross overs is how the MCU has always functioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    I just think that if you heard what Feige said and you're now assuming Daredevil has a major role you're likely gonna find the same disappointment that Mephisto enthusiasts found in Wandavision. That's all I'm saying.
    Oh I gotcha. I'm in complete agreement then. For all we know, all we're getting is a two second, speechless cameo of DD as Spidey and/or Strange run through various realities.

And I don't foresee Marvel acting like the Netflix show is canon. I think at most it'll be a quasi-soft reboot thing, where we meet Matt already a few years into his career, and if we don't pay too much attention to the details we can pretend those early years were the Netflix show. I think we're getting a fresh start DD, but with the actor/s who made it so good the first time around.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I've lost interest in DS2 the more I hear about it unfortunately and that comment by Cumberbatch confirms a lot of the fears I've had about it. Pretty much every leak/reveal I've seen on it centers around Wanda. Based on the rumors/leaks, you'd think the movie was called Scarlett Witch and the Multiverse of Madness. Him saying he's not sure if Strange has an arc just feels like him openly stating what a lot of us are worried about
    I lost a lot of interest when Marvel walked back their comments about the film being their first real dive into the horror genre. I'm not even a horror fan but I was excited about them playing in a new subgenre. I like Cumberbatch as Strange and I like where Wanda is going but now the biggest draw for me is Ms. America. I very much look forward to her introduction to the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Well, different content is going to appeal to different people. Especially something like the MCU which has a massive fanbase. Making content that appeals to different audiences and cultivating fanbases for each then having them all converge for the massive cross overs is how the MCU has always functioned.
    And for some of us, we just want some variety. I'm a "high concept science fantasy" guy. That's where my fandom lives; Superman and Thor and Dr. Who, omniverses and living ideas and sentient math equations.

But if that's all the MCU gives me I'll get bored. I want street level stuff too, like Hawkeye. I want horror, and mystery, and comedy, and gods have mercy, I'm even into the idea of a Thor rom-com with Love and Thunder. Some of that stuff will appeal to different people, and a new MCU fan will be born, and the variety will keep me engaged too. And if a particular project isn't up my alley it's not like I don't have other options. Hell it might even be kinda novel and fun to ignore a MCU gig.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I'm hoping Cretton's D+ show will be Agents Of Atlas. I think that'd be pretty cool.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    But Fisk being around while Matt (and possibly Foggy and Karen) getting snapped is the easiest way to explain Fisk's rise to power after DDS3.

Spider-Man is a bigger character than the MCU. While Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Dr Strange needed the MCU and to work in tandem to achieve their current popularity, Spider-Man was already a big character outside of that sandbox.

Spider-Man was so popular when he was introduced in the 60's that he became *the* template for every teenage hero juggling between being a superhero and their normal everyday lives (usually in High School) while slowly growing up. Everyone from Richard Rider Nova to Wally West (in Flash Vol 2) to Kyle Rayner to Danny Phantom to Max Steel are all riffs of the same archetype, just tweaked slightly. Even Clark Kent on Smallville was somewhat reminiscent of Peter Parker (helps that the creators of the show later wrote Spider-Man 2) if you switch destiny with responsibility.

He was so popular when he was introduced that Stan and Jack decided to create a whole team of teenage superheroes and dubbed it 'The X-Men'.

The first two Raimi movies were huge. Singer's X-men was good but back in 2002 there was something about seeing Spider-Man coming to life on screen looking almost exactly like he did in the comic books and fighting Doc Ock, Green Goblin and Sandman all resembling their comic book counterparts to varying degrees that was new and fresh at the time.

Spider-Man had multiple solo cartoon shows and video games and even before he joined the MCU, his merch was out sold every other hero including the Avengers, Superman and Batman.

He also has more universal appeal or more accurately, cross cultural appeal than any other superhero, largely due to his working class roots. People, no matter whether they are black, white, Asian, Latino, Indian, are all able to connect with Peter Parker's struggles on some level. He has a fanbase that spans multiple generations and age groups.

The irony is that Peter is always more popular in our universe than he will ever be in any Marvel universe.

I know how big Spider-man is. It's just people really didn't care for The Amazing Spider-man series and the first MCU Spider-man was big but not that big.

The last one hit big and cleaned out at the box office (I believe it made over a billion) but I'm surprised at the hype around this one.

I mean, even Kevin Feige said the movie getting "Avengers Endgame-level" attention which is interesting to say the least.
    Last edited by Username taken; 12-07-2021 at 07:16 PM.

Ultimate Member

Cumberbatch's comments around Multiverse of Madness are interesting and somewhat troubling.

It sounds like a lot of stuff going on and the worst thing that could happen would be a protagonist that is reactive to the plot.

But isn't Raimi still directing the movie? I thought it was supposed to be horror-tinged?

From what I hear, and who knows how authentic or accurate that is, the film was originally hyped as Marvel's first foray into horror. Then they said there'd be some horror elements but it's not really a horror movie.

And I doubt anyone expected a legit horror film from Marvel, but the way I've seen it talked about makes me think they're mostly sticking to the vibe of the first film.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.