Page 378 of 775 FirstFirst ... 278328368374375376377378379380381382388428478 ... LastLast
Results 5,656 to 5,670 of 11619

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    From what I remember, the Netflix shows really tried to connect to the greater MCU. They keep talking about “the incident” (battle of New York), the Judas bullets were reverse engineered from chituari technology, and they reference the other characters (“the green guy”, “the guy with the hammer”). It’s just that since the film and television divisions were run by different people at the time, Feige said no.
    Also some of the showrunners weren't comic book fans. So DD and Luke Cage had more references to comics because DeKnight and Coker were big fans. I don't think Rosenberg was so you didn't get as many deep cuts. Buick because he was good at managing schedules and budgets so I doubt he was either. In IF season 2 Mary has a past in Sokovia so maybe Meltzer was too.

According to THR, BP2 is set to resume filming in late January with Letitia Wright returning.

(What? That Giant Robot article had no merit? What a shocker!)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    According to THR, BP2 is set to resume filming in late January with Letitia Wright returning.

(What? That Giant Robot article had no merit? What a shocker!)
    That's really good news and i knew she was not getting fired.

Extraordinary Member

I will be sorely disappointed if Yelena is not shown listening to American Pie at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    From what I remember, the Netflix shows really tried to connect to the greater MCU. They keep talking about “the incident” (battle of New York), the Judas bullets were reverse engineered from chituari technology, and they reference the other characters (“the green guy”, “the guy with the hammer”). It’s just that since the film and television divisions were run by different people at the time, Feige said no.
    According to the latest sources, the resistance to integrating the Netflix characters came from the people running the tv side who wanted Fiege to focus on overseeing the Avengers and Guardians franchises. The actors were of course were willing to reprise their roles if asked but the block wasn't from Fiege's side. Look how quickly he green lit Blade and Moon Knight projects (characters he had control over) and an R rated Deadpool movie set in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Tony was like Thanos in IW where the antagonist was as central to the narrative as the hero, even though Zemo was the villain.

I do think another standalone Cap movie before Civil War would've been beneficial.
    Imo it’s a matter of perspective since he wasn’t a villain. And Thanos was the main character of IW just as Tony was co-lead of Civil War. Tony had as much screen time as Steve, more dialogue than Steve, he drives the story, has a more emotional arc, and the climax of the film revolves around his discovery of new information. Cap 3 was a Cap movie but it was also Iron Man 4 and I think Steve deserved his own third solo film

Astonishing Member

Thor: Love and Thunder. Liking what I'm seeing. The MCU movie I most want to see next year.

Glad they've finally embraced the cosmic side of Thor.

Thor has the second best story arc after Cap.

Man, God Butcher arc is one of my favorite stories at Marvel period.

I know there is about zero chance the movie is like that arc so imma just hafta accept what is on screen and enjoy it lol.

I'm one of the weird ones that likes MCU thor and likes Ragnorak despite liking comic thor too so, win win I suppse.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 12-11-2021 at 09:58 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post

Thor: Love and Thunder. Liking what I'm seeing. The MCU movie I most want to see next year.
    Okay, main takeaways:

- Two versions of Thor? the one on the poster in the armor and the one in the red jacket on the top right?

- Toothgrasher and Toothgrinder .

- Jane's Thor looks pretty comic-accurate right down to the blonde hair. Ironically she'll probably wear her helmet more than MCU Thor ever did.

- Valkyrie looks pretty much the same...

- Korg, because of course .

- Kind of wondering what's going on with that ship.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Glad they've finally embraced the cosmic side of Thor.
    Too bad it came too late to do Asgard any good.
    Thor has the second best story arc after Cap.
    I'd say he had the most inconsistent character arc of any MCU star since he's changed directions as much as Spider-Man.

Sigh on dd castimg news

I borderline skipped foggy and karen as much as possible. Weakest part of the show.

Man... im becoming an mcu Debbie downer lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Thor Ragnarok was a fun film but suffered from tone issues. It felt like two different movies stitched together. I'm hoping Waititi manages it better in Love and Thunder.

Cap has the better trilogy but Thor has the better end scene.

Edit- Ascended said it better.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-11-2021 at 05:25 PM.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Man, God Butcher arc is one of my favorite stories at Marvel period.

I know there is about zero chance the movie is like that arc so imma just hafta accept what is on screen and enjoy it lol.

I'm one of the weird ones that likes MCU thor and likes Ragnorak despite liking comic thor too so, win win I suppse.
    Add me on that weird ones list because I love MCU Thor despite loving comic Thor. have enjoyed almost 100% of MCU adaptation of my faavourite characters.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Thor Ragnarok was a fun film but suffered from tone issues. It felt like two different movies stitched together. I'm hoping Waititi manages it better in Love and Thunder.

Cap has the better trilogy but Thor has the better end scene.
    the only tone that didn't fit the movie for me was the flashback of Hela killing all the Valkyries but i still loved the scene.
    Last edited by Tofali; 12-11-2021 at 02:41 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Sigh on dd castimg news

I borderline skipped foggy and karen as much as possible. Weakest part of the show.

Man... im becoming an mcu Debbie downer lol
    What casting news? From the sound of it, the Netflix actors for Foggy and Karen are coming back too?

Sure, why not. I liked the guy who played Foggy, he had a nice spin on the character. Karen, I was never a fan of in the comics and the actress didn't change my opinion but she wasn't bad in the role. And if those guys are signing on, then a Daredevil solo gig probably isn't too far out.

Really feeling that Thor poster. Can't wait to see where this film goes, but I too am a fan of both comic and MCU Thor. And Norse myth in general, so maybe I'm just easy to please?

And I'd argue that MCU Thor has the better narrative, but Steve had the better movies.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post

this is beyond fake

https://twitter.com/taikawaititi/sta...186563075?s=21