Page 379 of 760 FirstFirst ... 279329369375376377378379380381382383389429479 ... LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,685 of 11387

I'm willing to give Waititi the benefit of accuracy but it seems suspiciously on-point for what we know about the movie so far.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm willing to give Waititi the benefit of accuracy but it seems suspiciously on-point for what we know about the movie so far.
    Frontier, only you would be so bold to say that we know more than the director of the movie

*also isn't Strange coming out way before Thor, so how are we not seeing posters for Strange yet?*
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 12-11-2021 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Frontier, only you would be so bold to say that we know more than the director of the movie

*also isn't Strange coming out way before Thor, so how are we not seeing posters for Strange yet?*
    We've seen production art for Strange as well, if not a poster, but since this is just art and not anything involving the actors I feel like it would be more likely to exist...or maybe the fact that it isn't an awkwardly stilted MCU poster with the actors should be the first clue it's a fake .

Ultimate Member

Why do people not like MCU posters?

They are pretty badly done Photoshop jobs sometimes.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Thor 4 is easily my most anticipated MCU movie other than Spider-Man in a couple days. I really like the overall story of Thor in the MCU after the low point of AoU and Dark World. The only thing that I didn't like was how Jane was very randomly written off before Ragnarok but it looks like Love and Thunder will show flashbacks of how that happened and bring Jane back into the story better than ever

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Thor Ragnarok was a fun film but suffered from tone issues. It felt like two different movies stitched together. I'm hoping Waititi manages it better in Love and Thunder.
    Yeah it would go from Hela massacring endless people to... lets have a laugh on Sakaar! If they're adapting Jane's cancer storyline I hope the tonal transitions are a bit better.

Comments I've found elsewhere online that were not posted on comic book-related forums:

"I've always enjoyed the Marvel movies but been keenly aware that they're drifting deeper and deeper into boring comic nerd **** that neither I nor mainstream audiences would be interested in."

"I just know that me personally, when I start hearing about multiverses or Eternals or Skrull vs Kree - i zone the hell out."

"They're blowing their load too fast trying to make as much as possible. Thanos and his minions took so much leading up, and he was 1 villain with a handful of henchmen(women). Now they're just dropping cosmic beings and multiverses in single movies and expect everyone to keep up. They're also over-relying on a story carrying through all the movies instead of self-contained movies that build up to a bigger story. It might be purposeful as their next evolution of MCU after the Infinity Saga, but I'm not sure if audiences can handle that much content. It'd be better almost if it was all sub divided franchises that occasionally cross."

I think Disney/Marvel Studios is dangerously close in driving a wedge between general audiences and geek/nerd communities with their approach to movie/television making. The entertainment media has already turned on the MCU to some extent. Don't get me wrong, the MCU is in FAR better shape than many other entertainment franchises. Star Trek, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Ghostbusters and James Bond fandoms are MUCH more divided and polarized in my view. And IPs like Pirates of the Caribbean, Die Hard, Terminator and Men in Black are probably finished. I'm just saying that the MCU fanbase is far more united than other fanbases for different franchises. But that could easily change if they overload viewers with content. People can complain about WandaVision for its flaws, but I DO think Marvel Studios succeeded in broadening their fanbase with that show. Folks who like sitcoms and catchy pop songs WOULD love WandaVision. Women and children in particular would probably gravitate to that kind of show. I also think people who enjoy the martial arts would appreciate Shang-Chi (even though that film also had its issues as well). So I think the MCU grew its fanbase with that movie too. I just don't think movies and shows like Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Loki, the Eternals and What If really expanded the MCU fandom. They're just too steeped in Marvel film lore, and I can imagine newcomers might be a little lost after watching them because the MCU has got quite a bit of continuity now. Hard to say what the future holds. I think the MCU is doing FINE, but to ME, it seems the execs at Marvel Studios might be a little bit concerned about what's going on. When people are hyping up possible Daredevil-related cameos in Hawkeye instead of appreciating the show on its own merits, I think there should be some concern. I actually am surprised at how much I'm enjoying Hawkeye to be honest (but I'm not as fatigued because I haven't watched the Eternals and Venom 2). But I think viewership is down for it because there's just been TOO MUCH Marvel content released this year. I really hope the Sony Marvel movies won't be required viewing for future MCU projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Comments I've found elsewhere online that were not posted on comic book-related forums:

"I've always enjoyed the Marvel movies but been keenly aware that they're drifting deeper and deeper into boring comic nerd **** that neither I nor mainstream audiences would be interested in."

"I just know that me personally, when I start hearing about multiverses or Eternals or Skrull vs Kree - i zone the hell out."

"They're blowing their load too fast trying to make as much as possible. Thanos and his minions took so much leading up, and he was 1 villain with a handful of henchmen(women). Now they're just dropping cosmic beings and multiverses in single movies and expect everyone to keep up. They're also over-relying on a story carrying through all the movies instead of self-contained movies that build up to a bigger story. It might be purposeful as their next evolution of MCU after the Infinity Saga, but I'm not sure if audiences can handle that much content. It'd be better almost if it was all sub divided franchises that occasionally cross."

I think Disney/Marvel Studios is dangerously close in driving a wedge between general audiences and geek/nerd communities with their approach to movie/television making. The entertainment media has already turned on the MCU to some extent. Don't get me wrong, the MCU is in FAR better shape than many other entertainment franchises. Star Trek, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Ghostbusters and James Bond fandoms are MUCH more divided and polarized in my view. And IPs like Pirates of the Caribbean, Die Hard, Terminator and Men in Black are probably finished. I'm just saying that the MCU fanbase is far more united than other fanbases for different franchises. But that could easily change if they overload viewers with content. People can complain about WandaVision for its flaws, but I DO think Marvel Studios succeeded in broadening their fanbase with that show. Folks who like sitcoms and catchy pop songs WOULD love WandaVision. Women and children in particular would probably gravitate to that kind of show. I also think people who enjoy the martial arts would appreciate Shang-Chi (even though that film also had its issues as well). So I think the MCU grew its fanbase with that movie too. I just don't think movies and shows like Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Loki, the Eternals and What If really expanded the MCU fandom. They're just too steeped in Marvel film lore, and I can imagine newcomers might be a little lost after watching them because the MCU has got quite a bit of continuity now. Hard to say what the future holds. I think the MCU is doing FINE, but to ME, it seems the execs at Marvel Studios might be a little bit concerned about what's going on. When people are hyping up possible Daredevil-related cameos in Hawkeye instead of appreciating the show on its own merits, I think there should be some concern. I actually am surprised at how much I'm enjoying Hawkeye to be honest (but I'm not as fatigued because I haven't watched the Eternals and Venom 2). But I think viewership is down for it because there's just been TOO MUCH Marvel content released this year. I really hope the Sony Marvel movies won't be required viewing for future MCU projects.
    I mean there's no point in worrying about any of that. None of us are Marvel or Disney shareholders so I can't bring myself to care about the constant growth mentality that plagues any corporation. It's almost guaranteed that in terms of hype and popularity, nothing will ever top Endgame and that's fine. There's a lot of content now and not all of it is necessary to follow. People can now watch the shows/movies they want and the big ones will still be a big deal. I do agree about people caring more about the next thing instead of what they're watching a la Wandavision which IMO is easily the best D+ show so far. In the end, it doesn't really matter if more material 'expands' the universe or not. Just enjoy the material you like or the ones you are interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I mean there's no point in worrying about any of that. None of us are Marvel or Disney shareholders so I can't bring myself to care about the constant growth mentality that plagues any corporation. It's almost guaranteed that in terms of hype and popularity, nothing will ever top Endgame and that's fine. There's a lot of content now and not all of it is necessary to follow. People can now watch the shows/movies they want and the big ones will still be a big deal. I do agree about people caring more about the next thing instead of what they're watching a la Wandavision which IMO is easily the best D+ show so far. In the end, it doesn't really matter if more material 'expands' the universe or not. Just enjoy the material you like or the ones you are interested in.
    Yeah, I absolutely agree with your points about Disney's corporate shenanigans. But I've kept up with the MCU stuff diligently and loyally up to this point. I would hate to start "missing out" on stuff because I've "fallen behind" on my watching. And sometimes things I might not be interested in at first might become my favorite property later on! That's already happened a few times for me with the MCU personally. And that's because Marvel Studios released their earlier films at a "reasonable" clip. I don't ever wanna end up watching big event movies in the future and ask, who are those characters? The Infinity Saga was pretty much all about hooking folks in and getting them invested. I think Disney should return to what made them successful in the past.

I think the MoM might be having "problems" because Marvel Studios are having trouble lining that movie up with Loki and WandaVision. I actually think watching Loki and WandaVision would DRAMATICALLY improve the viewing experiences of audiences when they see Doctor Strange 2. A lot of folks around the world don't have Disney Plus. And I do believe the movie will suffer unless it "connects" with those two shows more smoothly. Like you, I'm actually looking forward to Thor 4 the most now. It's gonna have a LOT of comic book craziness, but at the same time I feel it's gonna be relatively easy to follow and be quite accessible. I actually believe She-Hulk will be good that way too. By having only one solo Hulk film in the MCU, Marvel Studios ironically and unintentionally has made it a little bit easier for viewers to get into She-Hulk. Little bit bummed that some characters introduced in Phase 4 are gonna get shows and movies before Rhodey gets his in Armor Wars though. Cheadle's not getting any younger!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 12-13-2021 at 10:21 AM.

This 100%. I've come to realize that there's no way to please everyone. Some people complain when an MCU property doesn't have a lot of "story significance" to the wider universe and some people complain when the movies are too interconnected. I'm sure that there will be a point where some fans tap out from the properties they don't care about (which they kind of already do), but I don't think it'll be the big downfall people claim it'll be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah it would go from Hela massacring endless people to... lets have a laugh on Sakaar! If they're adapting Jane's cancer storyline I hope the tonal transitions are a bit better.
    I still haven't forgiven Waititi for doing the Warriors Three dirty.

Although I think the MCU just has an issue with tonal transitions and this need for comedy. Like, there was a classier way of introducing the Contessa in BW than what they did.

I often don't care for the MCU putting bad jokes in weird situations (that Scooby Doo line in NWH is awful) but Ragnarok is a different situation where I legitimately found it hilarious. I'm talking laughing out loud and turning red in the theater type hilarious. Idk I think Waititi's humor just vibes with me so I'm hoping for more of that

I often don't care for the MCU putting bad jokes in weird situations (that Scooby Doo line in NWH is awful) but Ragnarok is a different situation where I legitimately found it hilarious. I'm talking laughing out loud and turning red in the theater type hilarious. Idk I think Waititi's humor just vibes with me so I'm hoping for more of that
    I think it was a funny film but it didn't really fit Thor at all and it was a bit excessive, but that's just me.

I like the interconnectedness personally. That's one of the best part of the comic books. Characters from different walks of life interacting with each other. I'm glad the movies reflect that. I'm not sure if too many spinoff shows is a great idea. Extremely successful television franchises like Law & Order, CSI and NCIS tried to have multiple shows at the same time and I don't think viewers responded positively to them. I'm not a big fan of "dividing" the MCU fanbase into different "franchises", but if Marvel Studios is gonna be releasing that many movies and shows, I think that's the route we're headed on. I think the mix of Avengers and Guardians worked out really well in the MCU. If you have five or more different teams operating at the same time, things will get unwieldy. Even adding ONE more team in the Eternals was not particularly well-received by fans.

As regards to the humor in MCU properties, I'm actually hoping they INCREASE it. The world needs more laughter in it, not less. Superheroes are inherently ridiculous, so I'm happy when the MCU doesn't take them too seriously. I've heard people often say that the Avengers (2012) and Thor: Ragnarok are two of the funniest movies they've EVER seen (and they're not just talking about superhero films). The cringe stuff just comes with the territory.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 12-13-2021 at 03:36 PM.