Page 380 of 776 FirstFirst ... 280330370376377378379380381382383384390430480 ... LastLast
Results 5,686 to 5,700 of 11627

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I like the interconnectedness personally. That's one of the best part of the comic books. Characters from different walks of life interacting with each other. I'm glad the movies reflect that. I'm not sure if too many spinoff shows is a great idea. Extremely successful television franchises like Law & Order, CSI and NCIS tried to have multiple shows at the same time and I don't think viewers responded positively to them. I'm not a big fan of "dividing" the MCU fanbase into different "franchises", but if Marvel Studios is gonna be releasing that many movies and shows, I think that's the route we're headed on. I think the mix of Avengers and Guardians worked out really well in the MCU. If you have five or more different teams operating at the same time, things will get unwieldy. Even adding ONE more team in the Eternals was not particularly well-received by fans.

As regards to the humor in MCU properties, I'm actually hoping they INCREASE it. The world needs more laughter in it, not less. Superheroes are inherently ridiculous, so I'm happy when the MCU doesn't take them too seriously. I've heard people often say that the Avengers (2012) and Thor: Ragnarok are two of the funniest movies they've EVER seen (and they're not just talking about superhero films). The cringe stuff just comes with the territory.
    I'm not saying we don't need wish fulfillment or fun Superhero movies, but I don't think every movie needs a constant barrage of jokes and humor.

I think more movies should have the same kind of tonal balance as Black Panther did.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not saying we don't need wish fulfillment or fun Superhero movies, but I don't think every movie needs a constant barrage of jokes and humor.

I think more movies should have the same kind of tonal balance as Black Panther did.
    The tonal balance in BP was quite good, you're right there. But there was definitely humor in it. I guess I like comedy, so the more jokes the better for me. It's not like non-superhero comedies are doing well in Hollywood these days.

I just want to clarify something about my earlier comments about cameos. I don't like them if they're pointless and used solely to generate fan interest in movies/shows. But unlike most posters on this thread, I'm more convinced than ever that the MoM NEEDS cameos from characters that appeared in WandaVision and Loki. I'm TOTALLY fine with characters who appeared in WandaVision and Loki showing up in the MoM. I think movie audiences will be completely lost if the connection between Strange 2 and WandaVision and Loki is not made clear.

BANNED

I will fix 5 things about Black Panther

1. rewrite the story line of Killmonger. give him more to do with character. we needed to have seen him have a conflict with BP from at least the end of the first arc based on their different social values and how it affects Wakanda and the world.

2. Keep the African costumes, those were great and I think well deserving of the Oscar win, but gosh. change the entire Cinematography. I think I have mentioned this before on another thread, how mcu movies can be in different places and they still look the same. Wakanda is in Africa and it still looks like an mcu movie?

However I wont really fault this one bigly because many movies make the same error but this is what made me appreciate Mathew Vaughn X-MEN first Class even more now in film making, Vaughn knew how to film places like USA, Germany, London and have them all look different. This to me is a big film deal for the comic book genre that has low artistic expectation.

3. MCU Needs a great VFX team. BP had among the worst cgi of any modern comic film post 2000

4. No third cgi arc, it makes no sense anymore anyway. I think this is something both marvel and DC fans have started to agree on.

5. Don't kill off Killmonger. He is one of those characters that will obviously change some of his views as times goes on. So they should have kept him alive and start to see him meet Thchilla half way on some issues.

Black Panther was a film that had all the right ingredients and it worked in the MCU level bubble. but it did come of very half baked, when you compare it to other movies that had similar narratives.
    Last edited by Castle; 12-14-2021 at 05:41 AM.

Ultimate Member

No Way Home is at 100% on RT so far.

Too bad that practically EVERY SINGLE THING about the movie has been spoiled already.

Sony/Marvel have completely lost the battle with that one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Too bad that practically EVERY SINGLE THING about the movie has been spoiled already.

Are the reviews been read in full depth and understanding of film making or are people insisting again RT matters after it did not with Eternals?

I am actually reading the reviews as I did with Shang Chi. It is the same trend I see with both films. Fun, Nostalgia, jokes. I am watching the Grace Randolph review now because she has been shilling and promoting the film relentlessly , even defending the not so good cgi from the trailer, She said the film is not a great movie and even compared the second act to an SNL skit, however she said it was a fun time in cinema.

If the reviews are all true, No way home will line up with the rest of the MCU movies of 2021. Meaning MCU will have 4 films this year that were still all the same and I dont think this is good in the long haul, considering they are supposed to be making X-MEN/F4 next. out of their 4 films of 2021, there should have been a big break tie of at least Iron Man 1 level kind of movie.
    Last edited by Castle; 12-14-2021 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I am watching the Grace Randolph review now because she has been shilling and promoting the film relentlessly , even defending the not so good cgi from the trailer, She said the film is not a great movie and even compared the second act to an SNL skit, however she said it was a fun time in cinema.
    I still don't know what hte appeal to that fool is but

"fun time in the cinema" is what separates MCU films from other comic book movies and allows their "mistakes" to be overlooked to an extent. And it is why Eternals was disliked by critics because it has the same "flaws" as other MCU movies but without being fun.

The MCU at least nails the fun thing 90% of the time, which at least leaves people somewhat satisfied they wasted 20 dollars and 3 hours.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ive only glanced at reviews and it is literally the same thing they say about 90% of the MCU movies at this point lol. For better or worse.

It is even the same code phrases used. "emotional" = someone dies. "fans grinning ear to ear" = fan service. "one of the best MCU movies" = it isn't but people are excited lol

MCU finally gonna drag me back to the theaters though since no D+, but probably wait til after Xmas.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Ive only glanced at reviews and it is literally the same thing they say about 90% of the MCU movies at this point lol. For better or worse.

It is even the same code phrases used. "emotional" = someone dies. "fans grinning ear to ear" = fan service. "one of the best MCU movies" = it isn't but people are excited lol

Yeah, It is the same as all the mcu films in reviews, but I do think because they had 4 film this year, one of the 4 should have been different in reviews. maybe more intellectual and a bit more adult leaning with artistic chops to boost like Dune. Most of the reviews of No way Home, dont even come close to rivalling the kind of reviews Dune got.

I still don't know what hte appeal to that fool is but

"fun time in the cinema" is what separates MCU films from other comic book movies and allows their "mistakes" to be overlooked to an extent. And it is why Eternals was disliked by critics because it has the same "flaws" as other MCU movies but without being fun.

The MCU at least nails the fun thing 90% of the time, which at least leaves people somewhat satisfied they wasted 20 dollars and 3 hours.
    its funny but I find Grace Randolph an interesting media figure because she knows how to balance been a fan and a media shill and keep her loyal listeners happy, so ususally you get some honest stuff from her every now and then, however she has been very very focused on no way home in a big way, almost as big as she did with the Snyder Cut, so I was kind of expecting more from her review than not great but fun.
    Last edited by Castle; 12-14-2021 at 06:42 AM.

Ultimate Member

Funny enough, I wasn't that excited about No Way Home, it was the leaks and spoilers that actually got me interested.

And events from this movie might actually lead to Holland's Peter Parker transitioning into a more mature Spider-man.

And events from this movie might actually lead to Holland's Peter Parker transitioning into a more mature Spider-man.
    I think I said this after both the last two movies though lol

Ultimate Member

I think I said this after both the last two movies though lol
    No spoilers but if what I read is true...this is way different than the last two movies.

BANNED

I have many times opted for a more grown up spiderman like many fans, but one thing I said recently is that Tom Holland can not really pass for a teenager anymore. Look at most of the clips close up, to No Way Home, Tom Holland looks like a man and not a teeny booper anymore.

However Disney has an obsession to keep him as a kid because that is how they see fit and best to market the character but if the real actors dont look like kids anymore, then disney would have no choice but to make them start acting like their mature real life ages. Holland is 25.

Be that as it may, we have to also consider that other characters like Starlord, Ragnaork's Thor, Antman and even Tony Stark have a somewhat childlike quality to them, reason why it is very easy to always call mcu movies kid-friendly in a way, you cant call a DC movie like The Dark Knight, so even if Holland Spiderman does start to grow up to that more mature Spiderman fans have craved for so long, there would still be some limitation with how much convincing grown up stories he can take on.
    Last edited by Castle; 12-14-2021 at 08:25 AM.

spoilers:
    To be honest they should've just bit the bullet and showed off the Spider-Men instead of creating an "invisible Lizard punch" meme.
    end of spoilers

You're not wrong.
    Funny enough, I wasn't that excited about No Way Home, it was the leaks and spoilers that actually got me interested.

I am more than ready for that.

No spoilers but if what I read is true...this is way different than the last two movies.
    I mean, I thought the same about this one then they just threw a spell at it and dropped craziness in instead.

You're not wrong.
    Which is why when Eternals got different reviews, it was so jarring.

Ultimate Member

[QUOTE]spoilers:
    To be honest they should've just bit the bullet and showed off the Spider-Men instead of creating an "invisible Lizard punch" meme.
    end of spoilers [QUOTE]

Exactly this.

It's the world's worst kept secret at this point.