Page 385 of 775 FirstFirst ... 285335375381382383384385386387388389395435485 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,775 of 11619

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I see what you mean, but I honestly don't think this direction is necessary for that. It still kinda feels like Spider Man is just supposed to be this 'forever loner' because being a normal person is somehow unrelatable
    Isn't that what Peter Parker is for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I saw the movie last night, and I did like it, I've been a spider-man fan for a long time, but that ending...woof.

spoilers:
    Peter's been deconstructed, he's totally atomized now. I get stripping him of the stark tech and MCU gloss, but killing off May, and making his friends and girlfriend forget about him feels so cruel. I do understand that the whole loner thing is a core element of Spider-Man but it's so bittersweet, leaning more towards bitter. Peter needs a tribe. Or at least one friend. I did like that there was less quipping overall though, which is ironic, considering it's Spider-Mani
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I guess one could argue that Holland needed that sense of consequence, loss, and isolation to truly become Spider-Man.

The lack of quipping has been a problem with Hollands' Spidey for a while now though.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Is it true that the movie establishes that…

spoilers:
    Oscorp and the Osborne don’t exist in the 616 MCU.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Not only that, but that every superhero movie is actually its own universe, so they exist somewhere, but not "here". It also established that the Netflix series are a part of the MCU. I thought Daredevil would be in a little more. He could have shown up in his costume for a cameo shot. Like how the Scarlet Spider is in this scene:
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    spoilers:

Not only that, but that every superhero movie is actually its own universe, so they exist somewhere, but not "here". It also established that the Netflix series are a part of the MCU. I thought Daredevil would be in a little more. He could have shown up in his costume for a cameo shot. Like how the Scarlet Spider is in this scene:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

The non canon mcu shows were always mcu because they are listed as mcu shows but they are not in the main mcu universe.Anyone from the netflix mcu non canon shows that shows up in the main mcu universe will be/are rebooted even if they are played by the same actor.

end of spoilers
    Last edited by mace11; 12-17-2021 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Between this and the Celestials not tampering with human genetics, I’m starting to think that mutants don’t exist in the 616 MCU.

The MCU isn't 616. It's 199999.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The MCU isn't 616. It's 199999.
    Nat Moore referred to it as the 616 and it is referred as the 616 in the leaks for MoM.

Nat Moore referred to it as the 616 and it is referred as the 616 in the leaks for MoM.
    Because those people have no idea what it was actually designated. It's the main universe in the MCU, but it's not 616.

Because those people have no idea what it was actually designated. It's the main universe in the MCU, but it's not 616.
    I mean, he’s one of the producers at Marvel Studios.

I mean, he’s one of the producers at Marvel Studios.
    One of them for a few movies and not the lead producer. You could simply Google the universe number. It was designated that because while it's the main universe in the MCU, it's not in comics. But still exists in comics.

One of them for a few movies and not the lead producer. You could simply Google the universe number. It was designated that because while it's the main universe in the MCU, it's not in comics. But still exists in comics.
    I think they are ignoring the handbook and have set the MCU in its own multiverse.

I think they are ignoring the handbook and have set the MCU in its own multiverse.
    I think it's just a mistake on their part because the only ones saying it have no control over how Marvel designates it universes.

I think it's just a mistake on their part because the only ones saying it have no control over how Marvel designates it universes.
    The infinity stones work in other realities unlike the comics though.

The infinity stones work in other realities unlike the comics though.
    The comics have never stated the stones don't work in other realities. Loki's show stated they only work in certain realities in the MCU.

But that has nothing to do with universal designation.

Are you an actually water is dry kind of guy? Because the universe is factually listed as 199999 and here you are arguing against it.

The comics have never stated the stones don't work in other realities. Loki's show stated they only work in certain realities in the MCU.

But that has nothing to do with universal designation.

Are you an actually water is dry kind of guy? Because the universe is factually listed as 199999 and here you are arguing against it.
    I’m pretty sure that was a plot point a couple of times.

I’m calling the 616 because a producer called it that, leaks for an upcoming movie say it is called that, and even Loki suggested that it is called that. I think that handbook from over a decade ago (that wasn’t even by Marvel Studios) doesn’t matter.

I’m pretty sure that was a plot point a couple of times.

I’m calling the 616 because a producer called it that, leaks for an upcoming movie say it is called that, and even Loki suggested that it is called that. I think that handbook from over a decade ago (that wasn’t even by Marvel Studios) doesn’t matter.
    You can call it what you want. It's not it.