Page 386 of 775 FirstFirst ... 286336376382383384385386387388389390396436486 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,790 of 11623
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    I’m pretty sure that was a plot point a couple of times.

I’m calling the 616 because a producer called it that, leaks for an upcoming movie say it is called that, and even Loki suggested that it is called that. I think that handbook from over a decade ago (that wasn’t even by Marvel Studios) doesn’t matter.
    The 616 is the main comics universe. I think by now we know it isn't related. I just think whoever read something somewhere and thought it would be cool to say it, but it's its own thing.

I mean if they end up calling it the 616 in the MCU, it is what it is. I would prefer them to use a different number but I don't think it's a big deal. It's just a semantics debate. Everyone knows what he means when he called it the 616 aka the MCU 'sacred timeline'

Also, Nate Moore is pretty high up on the ladder at Marvel Studios. I wouldn't discount him for no reason. I think in the context of the cinematic multiverse, the MCU might be referred to the 616 basically to mean that it's the 'main' timeline
    Last edited by The Kid; 12-17-2021 at 12:35 PM.

Extraordinary Member

If the mcu does end up being called 616 then clearly it's not the same 616 from the comics.
    It will be just another 616 just like cw stargirl is earth 2 or the arrowverse before crisis had a earth 2 but they are not the same as earth 2 comics.
    Same thing for the new batman film.
    I Heard that is earth 2 as well but another earth 2.
    Anyway so far the for the mcu universe i will stick to 199999 until i hear more from marvel studios etc..

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I mean if they end up calling it the 616 in the MCU, it is what it is. I would prefer them to use a different number but I don't think it's a big deal. It's just a semantics debate. Everyone knows what he means when he called it the 616 aka the MCU 'sacred timeline'

Also, Nate Moore is pretty high up on the ladder at Marvel Studios. I wouldn't discount him for no reason. I think in the context of the cinematic multiverse, the MCU might be referred to the 616 basically to mean that it's the 'main' timeline
    It's not a big deal because it won't change anything in the comics. They don't acknowledge any comic book lore for instance. It's just not how Marvel established how universe numberings work, but if he's that important, he's where the money/power is. Like I said in a previous post, Disney is a conglomerate, not an independent comic book company with independent writers. Things have to be approved and not hurt anything financially before it can be released. They've dropped the ball sometimes. And I don't doubt that they would throw anything they established in the comics if the money men want it to change. I guess we're noticing it more because multiverses are going to become a household thing and it's been around for decades.

Yeah, Nate Moore's word is as good as Fiege's since they are both part of the same producing team overseeing the MCU. If they are calling it 616 internally at Marvel Studios then it's 616 until we are told otherwise. In the Multiverse that the MCU inhabits, it's designation is 616.

It's also not like they haven't changed their minds on things. Originally Avengers took place in 2009. IM2 took place in the same week as Thor 1, IH and the last few minutes of Captain America with Avengers taking place a year after that. IM2 was a few months after IM1. Hence the weird '8 years later' thing in Homecoming. From TWS onwards, every movie was said to have taken place in the year they were released in unless said otherwise with EG confirming that Avengers happened in 2012 and that the 8 years thing in Homecoming being a mistake on the parts of the people who made that movie.

It's likely just that he said it because they consider it the main universe of the MCU. There isn't anything official that declares it 616. It's just a comment. Him being Feige's underling doesn't mean he just didn't have a slip of the tongue. Until Marvel themselves designate it that, it's still 199999.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's likely just that he said it because they consider it the main universe of the MCU. There isn't anything official that declares it 616. It's just a comment. Him being Feige's underling doesn't mean he just didn't have a slip of the tongue. Until Marvel themselves designate it that, it's still 199999.
    Ok that's fine but in the end, it's not a big deal. Either one really works in a discussion. If anyone wants to call it the 616, we'll know what they mean

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Aaaaand on point, people on social media are using the new Spider-Man film as part of a weapon of this so-called culture wars nonsense saying how previous films that came out this year had a woke narrative and "failures".
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I saw the movie last night, and I did like it, I've been a spider-man fan for a long time, but that ending...woof.

spoilers:
    Peter's been deconstructed, he's totally atomized now. I get stripping him of the stark tech and MCU gloss, but killing off May, and making his friends and girlfriend forget about him feels so cruel. I do understand that the whole loner thing is a core element of Spider-Man but it's so bittersweet, leaning more towards bitter. Peter needs a tribe. Or at least one friend. I did like that there was less quipping overall though, which is ironic, considering it's Spider-Mani
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Exactly which is so weird because the MCU Peter was the light in this universe so much so that Tony "selfish prick" Stark fell in love with his good natured innocence to the point that it broke him when he was blipped. And now to make Peter lose everything when he sacrificed so much seems unfair and as you say cruel. The one thing I loved about the MCU is that this universe is optimistic but now I don't know
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    spoilers:
    Exactly which is so weird because the MCU Peter was the light in this universe so much so that Tony "selfish prick" Stark fell in love with his good natured innocence to the point that it broke him when he was blipped. And now to make Peter lose everything when he sacrificed so much seems unfair and as you say cruel. The one thing I loved about the MCU is that this universe is optimistic but now I don't know
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That's the thing though, even after he loses everything he picks himself up and keeps being a hero on his own terms and with his own resources, because that's the kind of person he is. That's what makes Spider-Man Spider-Man.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    That's the thing though, even after he loses everything he picks himself up and keeps being a hero on his own terms and with his own resources, because that's the kind of person he is. That's what makes Spider-Man Spider-Man.
    end of spoilers
    but the MCU Spidey had a chance to be different - unique

spoilers:
    we've already had that kind of Spidey for FIVE movies already, why must we rethread the same beats over and over again. They didn't do the same to Tony, Clint, Bruce and a whole number of other heroes. I mean hell look at Clint he is so different from his comic counter part and the MCU is better for it, I just don't under stand the need to take everything away from Peter to make him "Spider-Man"
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 12-17-2021 at 06:11 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    Aaaaand on point, people on social media are using the new Spider-Man film as part of a weapon of this so-called culture wars nonsense saying how previous films that came out this year had a woke narrative and "failures".
    Jeez, these anti-SJWs won't shut up. They should leave Spidey alone. And how did the others fail. Of course they'd never make as much as Spidey would

Ultimate Member

spoilers:
    we've already had that kind of Spidey for FIVE movies already, why must we rethread the same beats over and over again. They didn't do the same to Tony, Clint, Bruce and a whole number of other heroes. I mean hell look at Clint he is so different from his comic counter part and the MCU is better for it, I just don't under stand the need to take everything away from Peter to make him "Spider-Man"
    end of spoilers
    I don't quite get it either but I sense a lot of people just want Spiderman to do the same thing forever. I'd rather he move on

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's not really retreading story beats at least in the context of this movie because, honestly, this kind of stuff has never happened to another Spider-Man. In the context of Holland's story this is what's forming him into a more mature, seasoned, and independent Spider-Man compared to the other Spidey's and their stories.

This kind of stuff happens to Bruce Banner all the times, the MCU just hasn't emphasized the tragedy and horror of the Hulk in the movies as much. I feel like the character is slightly lesser because of it.

I personally prefer comic Clint to MCU Clint and the Hawkeye show just reinforces that.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    It's not really retreading story beats at least in the context of this movie because, honestly, this kind of stuff has never happened to another Spider-Man. In the context of Holland's story this is what's forming him into a more mature, seasoned, and independent Spider-Man compared to the other Spidey's and their stories.

This kind of stuff happens to Bruce Banner all the times, the MCU just hasn't emphasized the tragedy and horror of the Hulk in the movies as much. I feel like the character is slightly lesser because of it.

I personally prefer comic Clint to MCU Clint and the Hawkeye show just reinforces that.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    but if that's the case then why to this day "fans" bitch and moan about OMD? They decry the resetting of the character, yet here it is met with fanfare? It just doesn't ring true, but again I understand the fan service and all that, but from a purely storytelling perspective this is complete regression of Peter Parker as we know him in the MCU.

I mean making everyone forget him means he is no longer in the Avengers and when Sony starts making their films now there is an excuse as to why Strange isn't appearing and when Marvel has their Avengers film it makes sense why Spidey isn't there. It all stinks of corporate meddling so everyone can have their cake and eat it too even though it is the character and story that suffers.
    end of spoilers