Page 388 of 777 FirstFirst ... 288338378384385386387388389390391392398438488 ... LastLast
Results 5,806 to 5,820 of 11643

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I haven't seen it yet and may not be able to. My mother is dying and I have to be there.

But does anyone think this would open the door for some failed things to come back, like the Inhumans? Yes, I can be spoiled in that regard.
    I’m so sorry for your lose.

I agree. There was so much stuff they could have taken from Peter's own lore even if they wanted to avoid using Harry, MJ, Gwen and Norman again. There was no need to crib from Miles.

With Ned though, spoilers:
    it sounds like he could return as the Hobgoblin or Kingsley frames him and Peter has to bail him out and rekindle their friendship.
    end of spoilers

I wonder what the structure of the college trilogy will be?

Looking back, the structure of the 'Home' trilogy seems to be:

-Peter wants to do some normal High School thing: get a date for the Homecoming dance/ enjoy his field trip to Europe/ spoilers:
    get admitted into college.
    end of spoilers

-Said High School thing is complicated with the appearance of a supervillain: Vulture's crew/ Mysterio's appearance/ the Multiversal Sinister Six showing up.

-Said event further catalyzed by the appearance of the crossover guest: Iron Man/Nick Fury/Dr Strange.

-Peter is entrusted with being responsible for something: the upgraded suit in Homecoming/the EDITH glasses in FFH/the box in NWH.

-Peter makes a mistake: the Ferry scene/giving Mysterio the EDITH glasses/spoilers:
    trying to help the villains with no real plan in NWH.
    end of spoilers

-He pays the price: loses his suit/mind fucked and hit by a train thanks to Beck/spoilers:
    Aunt May dies
    end of spoilers.

-Needs a pep talk to life his spirits up: flashing back to Tony's word while trapped under the rubble/the talk with Happy on the plane/spoilers:
    comforted by the other Spider-Men
    end of spoilers

-Peter has to rely on his own mind and powers to save the day: fighting Vulture with just a sweat shirt after finding a way to escape the Homecoming dance/build his own suit but at the end, rely on his Spider-Sense to fight Mysterio/spoilers:
    coming with the cures with the help of the other Spider-Men
    end of spoilers.

-Pete saves the day but no good deed goes unpunished: Vulture and May knows his identity/Mysterio exposes his identity/spoilers:
    Everybody including his friends forgets about him at the end of NWH
    end of spoilers

All 3 movies intone 'With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility'; in the first movie he is the given the option of ignoring the Vulture's activities to dance with Liz (similar to the burglar and Uncle Ben) which he refuses and it comes at the expense of his relationship with Liz. In FFH, he is entrusted with Tony's glasses, he abdicates his responsibility which ends up making Mysterio more dangerous and sets the course for his identity being exposed. In NWH, his attempt to put the genie back in the bottle ends up unleashing the Multiversal Sinister Six and he pays the price for trying to be responsible spoilers:
    when he loses Aunt May
    end of spoilers and spoilers:
    it takes the other Spider-Men to keep him from going down a darker path
    end of spoilers.

Thank you, it has not happened yet but we're in hospice territory. She lives several hours away and I can't get there now. In fact no one can because that side of the state is overrun with Covid so only one person can get in to her. Thanks again.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I personally loved the War of Four cities a lot. I loved the Old Atlanteans concept.

The FF have the ability to really break this better as they are adventurers but maybe it won't go that way.

Yes, in general there are always lots of things they could use for various stories, backstory, but they seem to go with the same.
    When you think about it, some of the possibly more interesting angles have been done and redone so often in the comic, it would probably fail as a story element.
    The whole Jackal, first story, cloning is so perfect on its own...
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Thanks A1981. Appreciated. My real reality is that at my age I'm not likely to ever go back until things are well under control.
    Not related to my mother (87, I'm 66) a coworker who was vaccinated but ditched the mask as soon as it was not required, caught covid and is off of work for the required time. A former coworker, much more smart, has also been infected. Both are okay, some illness, but not the worst.

I finally saw Shang Chi, however, which I liked but felt the ending was a little tedious.
    But all those final battle scenes are. Don't know why they get stretched that way. Trying to keep up with Hawkeye (finally saw 3rd hour which is 2nd episode)

thanks again.
    ~ Oberon ~

Well, looking at box office

This is why studios love big event nostalgia fests

Holy shit at the box office lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Thanks A1981. Appreciated. My real reality is that at my age I'm not likely to ever go back until things are well under control.
    Not related to my mother (87, I'm 66) a coworker who was vaccinated but ditched the mask as soon as it was not required, caught covid and is off of work for the required time. A former coworker, much more smart, has also been infected. Both are okay, some illness, but not the worst.

I finally saw Shang Chi, however, which I liked but felt the ending was a little tedious.
    But all those final battle scenes are. Don't know why they get stretched that way. Trying to keep up with Hawkeye (finally saw 3rd hour which is 2nd episode)

thanks again.
    Well I'm glad your mother is comfortable (as much as the current situation permits) and is being well-taken care of. I'm sorry that you can't get to her in person due to the health crisis. I had hoped the pandemic would be tapering off at this point. Hopefully next year things will improve.

I also thought Shang-Chi was weird. It started off as a Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon flick and ended up as a How to Train Your Dragon movie. I enjoyed the humor though!

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I agree. There was so much stuff they could have taken from Peter's own lore even if they wanted to avoid using Harry, MJ, Gwen and Norman again. There was no need to crib from Miles.

With Ned though, spoilers:
    it sounds like he could return as the Hobgoblin or Kingsley frames him and Peter has to bail him out and rekindle their friendship.
    end of spoilers

I wonder what the structure of the college trilogy will be?

Looking back, the structure of the 'Home' trilogy seems to be:

-Peter wants to do some normal High School thing: get a date for the Homecoming dance/ enjoy his field trip to Europe/ spoilers:
    get admitted into college.
    end of spoilers

-Said High School thing is complicated with the appearance of a supervillain: Vulture's crew/ Mysterio's appearance/ the Multiversal Sinister Six showing up.

-Said event further catalyzed by the appearance of the crossover guest: Iron Man/Nick Fury/Dr Strange.

-Peter is entrusted with being responsible for something: the upgraded suit in Homecoming/the EDITH glasses in FFH/the box in NWH.

-Peter makes a mistake: the Ferry scene/giving Mysterio the EDITH glasses/spoilers:
    trying to help the villains with no real plan in NWH.
    end of spoilers

-He pays the price: loses his suit/mind fucked and hit by a train thanks to Beck/spoilers:
    Aunt May dies
    end of spoilers.

-Needs a pep talk to life his spirits up: flashing back to Tony's word while trapped under the rubble/the talk with Happy on the plane/spoilers:
    comforted by the other Spider-Men
    end of spoilers

-Peter has to rely on his own mind and powers to save the day: fighting Vulture with just a sweat shirt after finding a way to escape the Homecoming dance/build his own suit but at the end, rely on his Spider-Sense to fight Mysterio/spoilers:
    coming with the cures with the help of the other Spider-Men
    end of spoilers.

-Pete saves the day but no good deed goes unpunished: Vulture and May knows his identity/Mysterio exposes his identity/spoilers:
    Everybody including his friends forgets about him at the end of NWH
    end of spoilers

All 3 movies intone 'With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility'; in the first movie he is the given the option of ignoring the Vulture's activities to dance with Liz (similar to the burglar and Uncle Ben) which he refuses and it comes at the expense of his relationship with Liz. In FFH, he is entrusted with Tony's glasses, he abdicates his responsibility which ends up making Mysterio more dangerous and sets the course for his identity being exposed. In NWH, his attempt to put the genie back in the bottle ends up unleashing the Multiversal Sinister Six and he pays the price for trying to be responsible spoilers:
    when he loses Aunt May
    end of spoilers and spoilers:
    it takes the other Spider-Men to keep him from going down a darker path
    end of spoilers.
    Maybe I'm assuming too much, we don't even know if Watts will come back for the college movies, but I wouldn't be surprised if they maybe go for a different vibe and style for those movies to herald it being a new era/period for MCU Spider-Man after the "Home" trilogy.

It's a fun watch y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe I'm assuming too much, we don't even know if Watts will come back for the college movies, but I wouldn't be surprised if they maybe go for a different vibe and style for those movies to herald it being a new era/period for MCU Spider-Man after the "Home" trilogy.
    He's doing FF so most likely not.

He seems to be Marvels reboot guy.

Thank you, it has not happened yet but we're in hospice territory. She lives several hours away and I can't get there now. In fact no one can because that side of the state is overrun with Covid so only one person can get in to her. Thanks again.
    My condolences. I wish you luck and I hope things work out better in the long run.

I personally loved the War of Four cities a lot. I loved the Old Atlanteans concept.

The FF have the ability to really break this better as they are adventurers but maybe it won't go that way.

Yes, in general there are always lots of things they could use for various stories, backstory, but they seem to go with the same.
    When you think about it, some of the possibly more interesting angles have been done and redone so often in the comic, it would probably fail as a story element.
    The whole Jackal, first story, cloning is so perfect on its own...
    If I've learned anything, it's the Fiege is as much of a geek as any of us. He wants all these characters to exist in the same universe and at their best. Since Kingpin and Matt Murdock have now been integrated into the sacred timeline MCU, the others won't be far behind. Even properties that weren't well received initially like Inhumans and IF will probably be rebooted in the MCU into versions that people enjoy.

Extraordinary Member

Just got back from it. It was a fun movie..
    spoilers:
    Loved the appearances of all the characters. All the bad guys, Toby and Andrew and let's not forget Charlie Cox in one beautiful scene. And of course that Tom Hardy credit scene and the introduction of symbiote goo to the MCU.
    end of spoilers

But I still wish the MCU Spider-Man movies were more in line with Spidey's early years. There was no need for Michelle Jones as a love interest or for Ned to be the best friend. Peter didn't have those and was somewhat of an outcast. spoilers:
    and don't even get me started on Michelle Jones WATSON!!!!
    end of spoilers

It was like the MCU Spidey movies were there to show that he is part of the MCU than to be about Spider-Man. 1 was about his Stark hero worship and dealing with people Tony pissed off and 2 was about dealing with a bunch of people who Tony pissed off (sensing a theme). 3 was just a mash up of Spider-Verse and spoilers:
    OMD...and part of me is lkind of surprised that Peter did not create a false ID as Ben Reilly.
    end of spoilers

Don't get me wrong...I like that it is tied to the MCU...but still want him to be his own thing.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Execs be like

We are going to get so much multiverse stuff, we'll have variants falling out our asses

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I do think it's fair to give credit where credit is due. Nostalgia CAN make movies and shows successful. But that's not always the case. Will & Grace and Sex and the City both kind of banked on "nostalgia" to bring back viewers for their "revivals". But the results were and have been somewhat divisive and polarizing. Even the Ghostbusters and Terminator franchises received mixed reviews when they relied on nostalgia as well. So I think Feige and Pascal deserve a LOT of justified praise for their work on No Way Home. The audience and critical reactions to this film have been overwhelmingly positive. Which makes me really happy and gives me some more hope for the MCU's immediate future. As you well know, I've NOT been a huge fan of Phase Four thus far, but I'm pleased that 2021 is ending on a high note for Marvel Studios (and let's face it, this year has been MISERABLE for a lot of people). I'm curious how much the MoM will be relying on "nostalgia" next year. I don't wanna see the MCU go overboard with it.

The number of years that have passed between Spider-Man 2002 and NWH is roughly the same as the number of years between Star Wars: A New Hope and Star Wars: Phantom Menace.

ANH: 1977
    Phantom Menace: 1999

Number of years passed: 22

Spider-Man: 2002
    Spider-Man No Way Home: 2021

Number of years passed: 19