Page 389 of 775 FirstFirst ... 289339379385386387388389390391392393399439489 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,835 of 11621
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    Aaaaand on point, people on social media are using the new Spider-Man film as part of a weapon of this so-called culture wars nonsense saying how previous films that came out this year had a woke narrative and "failures".

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Jeez, these anti-SJWs won't shut up. They should leave Spidey alone. And how did the others fail. Of course they'd never make as much as Spidey would
    The anti-sjw channels and their followers are at it again.
    Example is that OMB Reviews youtube channel and related type channels.
    Now their new spin is that sony does not need to mcu/disney marvel and sony could create there own spiderman universe and still be just as successful.

They love to keep pointing out now that the new spiderman movie is a sony movie and marvel/disney has little to do with it etc..
    That's why they are so successful this year and with venom.
    They love telling lies and rewritting history.

They spin of course is all woke mcu marvel movies this year not spiderman loss money.
    Even shang chi.

Here is the facts they love to ignore.

Spider-Man Will Stay in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
    By bringing Marvel and Feige back into the fold with 2017’s “Spider-Man: Homecoming,” the studio was able to recapture the creative mojo of the first series. It also got a boost from having Holland’s web-spinner appear in Avengers movies, with Spidey becoming a key member of the super-team. Sony said it was pleased that a deal had been reached
    https://variety.com/2019/film/news/s...an-1203351489/

Marvel and Sony ‘Spider-Man’ Rights Explained: What’s MCU and What’s Not?
    Spider-Man: Homecoming is still financed and distributed by Sony Pictures (i.e. they pay for 100% of it), and Sony gets the box office, but Marvel Studios produced the film and served as the “creative lead.” That means Feige and the Marvel Studios braintrust helped pick the director and cast, helped craft the film’s tone and style, and made sure to bring something fresh and new to character that audiences are already very familiar with. In short, they made a Marvel Studios Spider-Man movie.
    https://collider.com/spider-man-marv...eal-explained/

Spider-Man Will Stay in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
    Over the summer, news broke that the Disney, Marvel’s parent company, and Sony had reached an impasse over a new financing deal. Disney wanted the film to be financed on a 50/50 basis, with Feige remaining in a consulting producer capacity. Sony is believed to have proposed keeping the arrangement under the current terms, which stipulate that Marvel receives about 5% of first-dollar gross and all merchandising revenues.
    The new deal was signed late on Thursday night. Negotiations involved top players from both studios, including Sony Pictures chief Tom Rothman, Feige and Walt Disney Studios co-chairs Alan Horn and Alan Bergman. In exchange for lending Feige’s producing prowess, Marvel and Disney will receive roughly 25% of the profits, according to insiders. Disney will retain its merchandising rights and will put up roughly a quarter of the financing. As part of the arrangement, Spider-Man will also appear in one future Marvel Studios film.
    https://variety.com/2019/film/news/s...an-1203351489/
    Last edited by mace11; 12-19-2021 at 07:35 PM.

Extraordinary Member

So...are we going to see spoilers:
    Ned at Kamar Taj??
    end of spoilers

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The number of years that have passed between Spider-Man 2002 and NWH is roughly the same as the number of years between Star Wars: A New Hope and Star Wars: Phantom Menace.

ANH: 1977
    Phantom Menace: 1999

Number of years passed: 22

Spider-Man: 2002
    Spider-Man No Way Home: 2021

Number of years passed: 19
    I've just aged and died as an old man!

Dang I didn't know it was that long

Last edited by charliehustle415; 12-19-2021 at 09:18 PM.

I really want to know how is Disney going to introduce the X-Men to the MCU, because I doubt they are going to start with Krakoa, and I also doubt they will keep Krakoa in the comics if the MCU's X-men are more traditional and heroic...

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I do think it's fair to give credit where credit is due. Nostalgia CAN make movies and shows successful. But that's not always the case. Will & Grace and Sex and the City both kind of banked on "nostalgia" to bring back viewers for their "revivals". But the results were and have been somewhat divisive and polarizing. Even the Ghostbusters and Terminator franchises received mixed reviews when they relied on nostalgia as well. So I think Feige and Pascal deserve a LOT of justified praise for their work on No Way Home. The audience and critical reactions to this film have been overwhelmingly positive. Which makes me really happy and gives me some more hope for the MCU's immediate future. As you well know, I've NOT been a huge fan of Phase Four thus far, but I'm pleased that 2021 is ending on a high note for Marvel Studios (and let's face it, this year has been MISERABLE for a lot of people). I'm curious how much the MoM will be relying on "nostalgia" next year. I don't wanna see the MCU go overboard with it.
    Well yeah, u gotta do it right lol.

I mean, look at Jurassic World. Same type of thing.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    I really want to know how is Disney going to introduce the X-Men to the MCU, because I doubt they are going to start with Krakoa, and I also doubt they will keep Krakoa in the comics if the MCU's X-men are more traditional and heroic...
    I really hope the original X-Men are the original X-Men.

Hopefully they figure a better way to bring in Mutants than "Let's Multiverse it!"

I wouldn't be upset if they do multiverse it tbh. There's only so many times you can do the whole 'secret society of super powered people who no one knew about but conveniently show up now but not during all these world ending threats'

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Well yeah, u gotta do it right lol.

I mean, look at Jurassic World. Same type of thing.
    Yeah, your Jurassic World example is a GREAT one. I've seen other producers bungle nostalgia before, and it says a lot about Feige's producing talents that Sony/Disney pulled it off in NWH. But I do think the novelty will wear off eventually? Look at the Halloween franchise. In 1978, that first Halloween movie literally created the phenomenon of slasher films that we know today. It was really original and new. But only ONE of its sequels was truly successful in my opinion. I think viewers got tired of seeing variations of the same thing. I didn't watch the last Halloween movie which came out earlier this year, but I heard the reviews were pretty mixed. So to CONTINUE banking on nostalgia is risky in the long run. I definitely think the next Indiana Jones movie could be really bad. That film is TOTALLY depending on nostalgia. Sean Connery is DEAD for Pete's sake! Harrison Ford will be over 80 if it ever gets released! That franchise feels tired to me.

And as you mentioned previously, what's allowing a lot of this nostalgia stuff to happen in movies and shows? MULTIVERSES! Besides using "magic", how else do you bring in actors/actresses who played the same characters in different franchises into current franchises? I hope these studio executives understand that "multiverse/alternate reality plot devices requires the creation of absolute chaos in the stories in order to justify the crossover of different superhero productions." I just feel if studios go overboard with this stuff, audiences will see it as being really GIMMICKY. Like is the next Flash movie gonna be relying on the nostalgia of bringing back previous Batmans for its success? I mean, I know it's based on the comics, but they don't need to bring back previous actors who played Batman in earlier movies for them to do the whole multiverse thing. So color me cynical. I can't wait for a future James Bond movie when a "tear in the fabric of the space-time continuum" in that franchise results in having all the living Bonds get together in a blockbuster team-up film in order to "restore the integrity of the universe before all of space and time collapse!" How nostalgic!

In regards to the MCU, I'm curious if the MoM will be banking on nostalgia as well. I personally HATE the idea of even bringing in characters that appeared in previous Marvel franchises into that movie for five seconds. If any "beloved" characters from the Fox franchise gets killed unceremoniously in Strange 2, I think there could be a backlash to that film. I don't why Marvel Studios would even CONTEMPLATE opening up that can of worms.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 12-20-2021 at 10:21 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I wouldn't be upset if they do multiverse it tbh. There's only so many times you can do the whole 'secret society of super powered people who no one knew about but conveniently show up now but not during all these world ending threats'
    I thought they could tie in the power unleashed by the infinity stones as the spark igniting the X-gene that had been dormant in certain people, but that might be too similar to the Inhumans going through the mist. I know the X-Men history has changed over time. Is there a definitive explanation of where the X-gene came from? You can just start them from scratch in the MCU with most getting their powers in present day. They don't have to be a secret group in hiding. There just has to be an explanation of where the x-gene comes from and why it now started giving people their powers. Maybe you could have someone like Xavier getting his powers 10-20 years ago, but he remained in hiding because he was scared and also he was researching what these powers are. Obviously things will need to change. I think we are too far removed from WW2 to say that Magneto is a holocaust survivor which is tough because it is such a part of his origin.

As I said in another thread:

I guess the sudden appearance of mutants in the MCU could be explained by they being teens until now. If they start as pupils in Xavier's school, then it can be said that they were just too young to fight anything until now.

Also, by changing the lore a tiny bit mutants could manifest their powers at any point during adult age, so even older mutants could have been powerless until recently.

The next Syndercut movement?

It's not like all the super powered beings were introduced at the same exact time in comics. Mutants can just come from a gene activated because of certain events. Like they eventually were in comics when it was described as something stemming from celestial experiments.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Yeah, but that's not really what Mutants are compared to, say, the Eternals and Inhumans. It would be impossible for that to happen unless they change how Mutations happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, but that's not really what Mutants are compared to, say, the Eternals and Inhumans. It would be impossible for that to happen unless they change how Mutations happen.
    If they start with Xavier School, maybe they were just too young? I mean, maybe MCU's Xavier wasn't an ******* who would sent High School students against super-powered mass murderers, unlike his comicbook counterpart?

So, once they are like 18 Xavier decides it's time to put them to work, and creates a superhero team, inspired by the Avengers.