Page 391 of 775 FirstFirst ... 291341381387388389390391392393394395401441491 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,865 of 11621
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The X-Gene already existed but only very, very, very few individuals had it until the two snaps on IW and EG plus the Celestials awakening in Eternals.

No Multiverse shennanigans. Just introduce the MCU versions of these characters. Do a slow burn build up.

Professor X has always been around researching the X-Gene. Maybe do a D+ show about him searching for mutants while also showing his relationship with his brother breaking down. He meets Erik Magnus whose a Holocaust survivor later drafted into one of Hydra's super soldier programs and was kept cryogenic preserved and like Bucky was only thawed out for missions. Maybe introduce him via Bucky whose been hunting down Hydra cells and maybe we learn that Cap or Bucky had previously rescued him from a concentration camp back in WW2.

Wolverine can be introduced as part of a Canadian super soldier program. Go the comics route and introduce him in a World War Hulk project with him fighting the Hulk. Then flesh out his backstory.

Give solo projects to characters to whom it would make sense to: like, I think a Storm movie would do really well. Establish her birth, backstory and how she came to be worshiped as a Goddess in a village. Then show her being recruited by Professor X at the end. In fact, have Xavier serve as a 'Nick Fury' connecting 4-5 different solo projects bringing the X-Men together.

Make the team a combination of the OG5 and Giant Size X-Men roster mixed with some of the newer characters introduced in the projects. Slowly build and start diversifying the brand; like you could have one show/movie that's like a High School thing exploring what it's like to be in a school full of super powered mutants, another project that's more straight up globe trotting superhero antics, a black ops team made up of mutants, an underground team of mutants always on the run, etc, etc.
    Like the overall plan in this but with some tweaks. Prof X's x-gene was activated due to exposure to radiation when younger. Magneto is still European and Jewish...but not a WW2 holocaust survivor. He is a survivor of the Bosnian Genocide in the 90s and that is when his power activated.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    This is a fools errand my friend, there is no way we will get anything close to the original X-Men. Hell even the X-Men films didn't give us the original X-Men.

I think we may get something like the Ultimate X-Men because to be honest I wouldn't mind a villainous Wolverine for a movie or two until he turns to the light side.
    I could potentially see Wolverine as an antagonist but there's no way they'd go as far with him as the Ultimate universe did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well the first MCU Avengers lineup is almost the same as the OG, just switching Hank and Jan for BW and Hawkeye.
    One of my biggest disappointments is we didn't get an OG!Avengers scene during the final battle of the Endgame. Like, just one shot of them together during the final battle.

Like how X-Men Evolution paired up the 05 together in one episode.

I'd say there's zero chance the X-Men start with the O5. Hell, I'd say there's a less than zero chance Storm isn't front and center during the MCU X-Men films

I *said* a combination of the OG5 + Giant Size X-men. That means the roster would have the usual suspects Cyclops, Jean Grey, Iceman, Beast, Angel + Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus + later additions like Jubiliee, Gambit, Rogue, Betsy Braddock + newer characters of which I can't name any since I haven't followed X-Men in a while (........Pixie?). Anyway, I don't think everybody should be introduced at once. I think some should be introduced individually while others should be introduced in small groups.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    That would basically be a drawn out version of the prequels series though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I agree with most of this though I wouldn’t give Xavier and Magneto too much focus. Otherwise, really good ideas!
    I fleshed out Xavier and Magneto since they are foundational to the X-Men. Don't worry, my idea wasn't to have the whole thing revolve around them or spend too much time setting up their backstory. I want to X-Men characters not named Wolverine, Xavier and Magneto to lead solo projects as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Like the overall plan in this but with some tweaks. Prof X's x-gene was activated due to exposure to radiation when younger. Magneto is still European and Jewish...but not a WW2 holocaust survivor. He is a survivor of the Bosnian Genocide in the 90s and that is when his power activated.
    I think Magneto's holocaust backstory is too intrinsic to let go of now. It would be like moving Cap's backstory from WW2 to the Korean War or the Vietnam War.

The MCU already has multiple characters whose survived from different time periods and soon Wolverine will be among them as well. The best thing for Magneto would be some Cap-style explanation for why he is still alive in the present day. I also think it would work in his characters favor; the Holocaust is still fresh in his mind but he is now in a time period that is so far removed from it. It plays into his motivation to preserve mutant kind even more. Plus its an opportunity for the MCU to show the actual horrors of WW2 which the first Cap movie largely skipped.

I fleshed out Xavier and Magneto since they are foundational to the X-Men. Don't worry, my idea wasn't to have the whole thing revolve around them or spend too much time setting up their backstory. I want to X-Men characters not named Wolverine, Xavier and Magneto to lead solo projects as well.
    I mean the whole mutant reveal/emergence plot and the formation of the X-Men formation has been done before.

+ newer characters of which I can't name any since I haven't followed X-Men in a while (........Pixie?).
    That's outrageous, other than about the same for me. BUT I SHARE THAT WITH YOU!!
    What was that, in the '90s.
    I'm mostly without a care about the Xmen/moving into the MCU.
    while I spent my time adoring many of them and their earlier storylines, somewhere a few decades ago, they became incredibly more

irrelevant to me. It is hard for me to see them as the minority they claim to be.
    In reality the entire 616 of mutant characters possibly equals

all other super non-mutant characters.
    Minority my butt. They don't resonate and their "fan-base" only uses this idea of being the most discriminated against, while they hack away at everything else. Too complicated.
    Wanda and Quicksilver are better off now, in my opinion. I want them to remain "artificial mutants" created by High Evolutionary, perhaps with some DNA from Magneto, but given to the Maximoffs as known.

and Wanda touched by Ch'ton which more than makes up for anything missing from being a "mutant".
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I could potentially see Wolverine as an antagonist but there's no way they'd go as far with him as the Ultimate universe did.
    Do you mean the underage sex? Yeah you mean the underage sex, friggin' Millar and his edgelord writing of the aughts.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    The next Syndercut movement?

OH is the internet doing this again? Pretending bad movies are good because of Nostalgia and Memes lol?

Like the star war prequels?

Nobody really liked the garfield movies in real time... they were tolerated but never celebrated.

At least the Tobey movies have die hard fans and were generally loved until the third one (even if I didn't like them, i can recognize that).
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

I'd like Xavier and Magneto's history to be kept the same.

I think a combo of Cyclops, Jean, Iceman, Wolverine, Storm and Nightcrawler should be the main starting team (maybe Iceman would be the youngest at 18, but the majority would be in early 20's). Have Forge, Cecilia, Beast and Angel be supporting characters who graduated from the team and left to do other jobs, but are still helpful.

Introduce Bishop, Polaris, Rogue, Gambit and Psylocke as future members. Maybe the second movie?

The first villains shouldn't be too powerful. Maybe a Brothehood led by Mystique and Destiny with Pyro, Toad, and Blob?
    Last edited by RamaBird; 12-21-2021 at 06:51 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    OH is the internet doing this again? Pretending bad movies are good because of Nostalgia and Memes lol?

Like the star war prequels?

Nobody really liked the garfield movies in real time... they were tolerated but never celebrated.

At least the Tobey movies have die hard fans and were generally loved until the third one (even if I didn't like them, i can recognize that).
    Exactly.

The Amazing Spider-man movies weren't well received and The Amazing Spider-man 2 in particular was very poorly received.

Nostalgia has clouded folks perspective.

I think it's less people thinking the Garfield movies were better than they were and more people recognizing that Garfield was better than the movies he was in and deserves better/another shot.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

The Amazing Spider-man movies weren't well received and The Amazing Spider-man 2 in particular was very poorly received.

I just watched the beginning and ending of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 last night, and it was sad and had good moments.

The X-Men movies were pretty bad, but had some good scenes that, if you separate them from the movie, are good. They are filled with fan service and empty characters. I think the MCU spoiled a lot of us because they realized an aspect of comics that filmmaking usually ignores, and it's cliffhangers and revelations.

Comics continue and keep on existing whereas movies usually just show a glimpse of the life of the protagonist and ends. Pre-MCU movies had some cliffhangers, like Phoenix appearing in the lake at the end of X2, but the movies sucked. People liked Days of Future past because it did what the MCU did, which was create a world, but afterwards the movies just had gimmicks and fell flat.

spoilers:
    I don't see why they would make a ASM3 because ASM2 finished with him going into a status quo, but the NWH opened a can of worms of, "What did he do? Who did he go too far with?

NWH was an epilogue and a closure for everyone, so I don't see the use of beating a dead horse. It was cool to see this is live action though.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

I do think nostalgia is a crutch Hollywood leans on a little bit too much. Look at network television. CBS revived the CSI franchise this year and brought back Gil Grissom and Sara Sidle. Audience reactions appear to have been quite lukewarm. NBC brought back Elliot Stabler this year as well (originally from Law & Order: SVU) to star in a new Law & Order spin-off called Law & Order: Organized Crime. And critical reactions to his new show have been AWFUL. I've mentioned Ghostbusters this year as an example of a film that had a divided response and that movie was allegedly TOTALLY based on nostalgia. How is the upcoming Matrix: Resurrections NOT a film relying on nostalgia? They brought back the same directors and many of the actors and actresses from the previous Matrix movies (the last one of which was released almost TWENTY YEARS ago). And from what I'm hearing, the response to this instalment of the Matrix franchise has been decidedly MIXED.

I guess I'm sort of repeating what I said earlier to MindofShadow. Nostalgia is absolutely NO guarantee of a film's or television show's success. Nostalgia alone is not enough to make a film great, or even good. That's why I HAVE to tip my hat to Kevin Feige. Because from what I've read online, he harnessed nostalgia with great affect in NWH. Lots of things could have gone wrong with this film, but he dodged those pitfalls and helped make it an unbelievable success. So he deserves the praise he is getting now.

My problem is that the entertainment industry is starting to go backwards more than forwards a little bit. The Flash movie is not even hiding the fact that previous Batmen from earlier movies are gonna play a significant role in that film. I would LOVE to have the DCEU make nostalgia work for this movie, but I have my doubts that Warner Brothers is gonna get it right. In regards to the MoM, I DON'T want Marvel Studios execs to get the wrong message from the triumph that is NWH. It's hard to catch lightning in a bottle TWICE IN A ROW. Bringing back characters (and the actors and actresses who played them) from previous franchises using "multiverse shenanigans" could get old REALLY fast. I'm seriously hoping Disney doesn't crowd Strange 2 with pointless cameos solely for the purpose of fan service. I have no problem with fan service, if it works within the stories the movies/shows are trying to tell. I just don't enjoy fan service for the sake of fan service alone. I have some confidence Feige won't mess things up too much with Strange's sequel, but things could go either way with that one I think.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's less people thinking the Garfield movies were better than they were and more people recognizing that Garfield was better than the movies he was in and deserves better/another shot.
    I can see that. But with Sony? Hell naw (in a Will Smith voice).

If they could work out something with Marvel to perhaps consult on it (although Feige flat out said they don't know how to do that), then I won't mind that.

Sony's post Raimi Spider-man related outings have all been rubbish IMO.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I just watched the beginning and ending of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 last night, and it was sad and had good moments.

The X-Men movies were pretty bad, but had some good scenes that, if you separate them from the movie, are good. They are filled with fan service and empty characters. I think the MCU spoiled a lot of us because they realized an aspect of comics that filmmaking usually ignores, and it's cliffhangers and revelations.

Comics continue and keep on existing whereas movies usually just show a glimpse of the life of the protagonist and ends. Pre-MCU movies had some cliffhangers, like Phoenix appearing in the lake at the end of X2, but the movies sucked. People liked Days of Future past because it did what the MCU did, which was create a world, but afterwards the movies just had gimmicks and fell flat.

spoilers:
    I don't see why they would make a ASM3 because ASM2 finished with him going into a status quo, but the NWH opened a can of worms of, "What did he do? Who did he go too far with?

NWH was an epilogue and a closure for everyone, so I don't see the use of beating a dead horse. It was cool to see this is live action though.
    end of spoilers

Agreed. Especially about the ending of NWH.

My problem with the Amazing Spider-man 2 stems from the overly dark cinematography to the very bizarre story to the terrible plot. The movie had some good action sequences particularly at the end but on a conceptual level, the movie failed. Garfield, Stone and Foxx deserved a better movie.

The X-men movies started off better, descended into nonsense, improved again and descended into total nonsense again.