Page 394 of 775 FirstFirst ... 294344384390391392393394395396397398404444494 ... LastLast
Results 5,896 to 5,910 of 11616
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I go back and forth between What If...? and FatWS but otherwise my list is the same. Loki was definitely good and hate the greatest implications for the wider universe, but for some reason I didn't connect as much.

In defense of Loki and FatWs I think both those shows productions were really affected by covid the most.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I absolutely loved this Kingpin look:

So far it's Loki, Falcon and Winter Soldier than What If. I didn't see Hawkeye or WandaVision yet.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I absolutely loved this Kingpin look:

I was kind of surprised they used that look after using the comic-accurate white suit and purple pants.

spoilers:
    Although they definitely set up this Kingpin as one who could potentially hold his own against Spider-Man.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was kind of surprised they used that look after using the comic-accurate white suit and purple pants.

spoilers:
    Although they definitely set up this Kingpin as one who could potentially hold his own against Spider-Man.
    end of spoilers
    That was their probably their plan.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

I did love that spoilers:
    Scott got a mention in this episode after they shrunk the moving van with the 2 Bros in it. So I would assume that means Scott gave him the Pym Particles.
    end of spoilers

I like MCU Loki but I have never been a huge Loki fan per say so I wasn't looking forward to his show as much as I did others. Yet, I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. The show had a lot of unexpected surprises and really went into areas that I never thought a comic book show would explore. The themes of free will and the metaphor for religion spoke to me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    What I would do is say Magneto used to be some big deal, back in the 70s or so. You still see wannabe mutant supremacists wearing his face on TV shirts or on Magnetos on the fridge, but the real guy has been left forgotten as some barely coherent 100 year old man living in a nursing home under a false name... UNTIL some mutant tracks him down and restores him to lead their cause, making him young again and more powerful than ever.
    I think trying to backengineer mutants as having existed as a movement in the past wouldn't work with MCU continuity. I think it's better to say that they were very rare in the 20th century but now their population has started to boom in the 10's and 20's. I like the idea of Magneto being a centeranian and being restored to his youth. That might be better than my idea of having him be stored in cyro which would make him too similar to the Winter Soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I did love that spoilers:
    Scott got a mention in this episode after they shrunk the moving van with the 2 Bros in it. So I would assume that means Scott gave him the Pym Particles.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I wonder if all this is set up for Kate to show up in Ant-Man 3.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Oh didn't hear about that. Do you have a link for that? Curious what the point of argument was
    Sorry, I missed this before. I was actually reading something on it in another forum, so I'll see if I can grab the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    What I would do is say Magneto used to be some big deal, back in the 70s or so. You still see wannabe mutant supremacists wearing his face on TV shirts or on Magnetos on the fridge, but the real guy has been left forgotten as some barely coherent 100 year old man living in a nursing home under a false name... UNTIL some mutant tracks him down and restores him to lead their cause, making him young again and more powerful than ever.
    A man walked into the doctor's office and says: “Doctor, I have five penises.”

“I see,” said the doctor. “‘How do your trousers fit?”

The man replies: “Like a glove.”

That joke represents part of the reason why I've soured on mutants and the X-Men in general (I used to be a huge fan back of them back in the day). There is absolutely NO creativity in their origin stories. Like NONE. It's much more interesting to me to learn how a dude can end up with five dicks as opposed to him being born that way. Getting to that joke with an interesting origin story is more satisfying to me, personally. And by mutants having naturally been born with their powers, it gave Marvel creators an easy "out" to create far TOO MANY of them. Here's an interesting quote I found online which made me think about the matter more:

"Are you aware that, in the late 1960s, the X-Men sold so poorly that the book was cancelled? And that it would be five years or so before the X-Men returned in their own series? My beef with the X-Men was that it made Marvel lazy once they gained massive popularity. No longer did they have to try to come up with an origin for their characters: They were born that way. And it got so that the number of mutants and their powers got more and more ridiculous (the nadir was when they decided that Razorback, a truck driver in a pig costume, was a mutant who could drive almost anything). Plus, how many times can you see Professor X turn bad, or Magneto turn good? And don’t get me started on how badly they overused Wolverine. The X-Men were good (I was a big fan of their original run in the 1960s), but they’re a parody of what they used to be. I know the X-Men will show up at some point, but I’d much rather see more Avengers and the Fantastic Four."

The MCU's already got too many characters in it in my opinion. I'm sort of dreading the deluge of mutants entering into it in the next few years.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 12-23-2021 at 03:33 PM.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post

That joke represents part of the reason why I've soured on mutants and the X-Men in general (I used to be a huge fan back of them back in the day). There is absolutely NO creativity in their origin stories. Like NONE. It's much more interesting to me to learn how a dude can end up with five dicks as opposed to him being born that way. Getting to that joke with an interesting origin story is more satisfying to me, personally. And by mutants being naturally born with their powers, it gave Marvel creators an easy "out" to create far TOO MANY of them. Here's an interesting quote I found online which made me think about the matter more:

"Are you aware that, in the late 1960s, the X-Men sold so poorly that the book was cancelled? And that it would be five years or so before the X-Men returned in their own series? My beef with the X-Men was that it made Marvel lazy once they gained massive popularity. No longer did they have to try to come up with an origin for their characters: They were born that way. And it got so that the number of mutants and their powers got more and more ridiculous (the nadir was when they decided that Razorback, a truck driver in a pig costume, was a mutant who could drive almost anything). Plus, how many times can you see Professor X turn bad, or Magneto turn good? And don’t get me started on how badly they overused Wolverine. The X-Men were good (I was a big fan of their original run in the 1960s), but they’re a parody of what they used to be. I know the X-Men will show up at some point, but I’d much rather see more Avengers and the Fantastic Four."

The MCU's already got too many characters in it in my opinion. I'm sort of dreading the deluge of mutants entering it in the next few years.
    Their reboot of being quasi-Inhumans/Eternals mixed with the popularity they fomented in the 90's is probably what is saving them for future films. Their most popular story was wrecked twice, and other than that, their popular stories like "God Loves, Man Kills", "Days of Future Past" were them being persecuted. Now they have Mutant Attilan and Mutant Titan and hatch from Mutant Terrigen pods and a Mutant monarchy.

The Eternals movie was partly based on Earth X, which is when Black Bolt detonated a Terrigen Bomb in the 90's and made everyone Mutant/Inhuman hybrid people. They might go with that because they need an origin story.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post

That joke represents part of the reason why I've soured on mutants and the X-Men in general (I used to be a huge fan back of them back in the day). There is absolutely NO creativity in their origin stories. Like NONE. It's much more interesting to me to learn how a dude can end up with five dicks as opposed to him being born that way. Getting to that joke with an interesting origin story is more satisfying to me, personally. And by mutants being naturally born with their powers, it gave Marvel creators an easy "out" to create far TOO MANY of them. Here's an interesting quote I found online which made me think about the matter more:

The MCU's already got too many characters in it in my opinion. I'm sort of dreading the deluge of mutants entering it in the next few years.
    I couldn't agree more. And for some dumb reason DC decided in the 80s that they needed the same dumb idea and created the Metagene.

Characters like Black Canary Black Lighting and Ice who already had cool origins, now became metahumans and lost those cool origin stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Their reboot of being quasi-Inhumans/Eternals mixed with the popularity they fomented in the 90's is probably what is saving them for future films. Their most popular story was wrecked twice, and other than that, their popular stories like "God Loves, Man Kills", "Days of Future Past" were them being persecuted. Now they have Mutant Attilan and Mutant Titan and hatch from Mutant Terrigen pods and a Mutant monarchy.

The Eternals movie was partly based on Earth X, which is when Black Bolt detonated a Terrigen Bomb in the 90's and made everyone Mutant/Inhuman hybrid people. They might go with that because they need an origin story.
    Yeah, I think the mutants need a totally DIFFERENT origin story from that which was shown in the Fox movies. Marvel Studios can't keep going back rehashing old stories. At least I don't think they should.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I couldn't agree more. And for some dumb reason DC decided in the 80s that they needed the same dumb idea and created the Metagene.

Characters like Black Canary Black Lighting and Ice who already had cool origins, now became metahumans and lost those cool origin stories.
    I definitely get where you're coming from. DC definitely ruined some great origin stories with their retcons. I'm SOMEWHAT sympathetic to DC and Marvel creators having a hard time creating decent origin stories for characters. But they don't need to create THAT many characters. Less is more I say. Focus on fewer characters and give them the love that they deserve. This advice goes both for the comics and the movies/shows I think.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    spoilers:
    I wonder if all this is set up for Kate to show up in Ant-Man 3.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I recall reading rumors of Haillee being on the set of Quantumania.

Although would Kate have potentially two blonde besties with Cassie and Yelena?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    In defense of Loki and FatWs I think both those shows productions were really affected by covid the most.
    That's what I remember hearing too. I think all those shows got jerked around by the pandemic, but those two more than most. I think.

Just finished Hawkeye's finale, and I gotta say that was a really strong finish. Really fun show from start to finish, I think, and unlike a lot of MCU stuff this managed to stay grounded. Might just be the rush of the finale talking but Hawkeye might be my favorite D+ show yet. And I didn't like the new suit in all the photos and stills that we've seen, but it's actually not that bad in live action. Strikes a nice balance between the Fraction-esque casual look and the more traditional superhero spandex.

Looking forward to seeing Spidey after xmas.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.