Page 396 of 775 FirstFirst ... 296346386392393394395396397398399400406446496 ... LastLast
Results 5,926 to 5,940 of 11621
    Extraordinary Member

Moon Dragon's case is kinda hilarious when you think about the massive cape and collar she wore.
    It's like MMO bikini armor with massive shoulder pads and greaves and whatever but nearly nothing on the torso.

As for the hip hole, I think they can do color variation instead of cut out, I just want the meme.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    1) While I love Ritter as Jessica the MCU would totally wash away her origins as a survivor and tone down her personality (and language) so much.

2)Collen's actress actually just did a cute interview with Simu Liu and I NEED her in Shang-Chi 2 or the streaming show they're planning.
    They should totally cast her as Iron Fist. She EARNED that role imo.

I can see what you mean about Jessica Jones but theres still so much on the table there like Patsy Walker.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Krysten Ritter is rumored to cameo in She-Hulk. And let's be real, the only Netflix characters who were universally beloved portrayals were Daredevil, Kingpin, Jessica Jones, Punisher and to a lesser extent, Elektra and Misty Knight. Who else are they meant to bring back? I'd be excited to see Mike Colter Luke Cage but his portrayal was polarizing. I don't need to see anyone from Iron Fist again. Emma Dumont doesn't count, those "X-Men" shows are not canon to the MCU. They still haven't even introduced mutants so what would she be doing, exactly?
    What was polarizing about Mike Colter as Luke Cage?

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Evan Peters didn't return to play the same character, though. And Professor X is not confirmed.

I'll give you the Spider-Men, but I think considering the premise of the movie, it made sense that they would be the biggest draws. Most people went to watch the movie for them; everything else was just a plus. I think it's just a matter of finding the right time for the right characters, and so far those are the ones they have found room for. Time will tell how things will go.
    Spider-Man is the most popular comic book character there is, and a majority of the people didn't know anyone was returning, so they went to see him. I'm pretty sure they went to see him for him, and if anything his character in Infinity War had a bigger impact on moviegoers.

1) While I love Ritter as Jessica the MCU would totally wash away her origins as a survivor and tone down her personality (and language) so much.

2)Collen's actress actually just did a cute interview with Simu Liu and I NEED her in Shang-Chi 2 or the streaming show they're planning.
    I just saw Jessica Henwick (the actress who played Colleen) in Matrix 4. I guess she had a bigger role in Matrix 4 than she would have had in the Shang Chi, because she allegedly turned it down to be in The Matrix. She's a good actress and she just bumped up her profile as a big screen actress, so I assume she'll be up there sooner or later.

Jessica Jones was my favorite Netflix character, and the only thing missing was seeing her fly and punch bigger things the budget didn't allow. She would be great for a Disney movie budget project.

And while we are it rebecca de mornay did a tour de france performance as patsy walker mother I mean if they bringing certain people back they can bring her back to life.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

https://www.deviantart.com/shorteraz...llow-598849183

I'm hoping Daredevil comes in with the Yellow outfit.

I'd keep JJ and Luke Cage, reboot Iron Fist because he could use a do-over and retire Punisher because he always felt out of place in the pg13 family friendly MCU.

Just realized that Strange is getting his second solo movie after appearing in a string of the biggest movies of their respective year; Infinity War, Endgame and No Way Home. People who didn't care for his first solo but liked his appearances in other movies will definitely follow him into his second solo movie. Then there is the audience who will follow Wanda from her D+ show plus MCU diehards who are interested in the Multiverse plotline introduced in Loki.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://www.deviantart.com/shorteraz...llow-598849183

I'm hoping Daredevil comes in with the Yellow outfit.

I'd keep JJ and Luke Cage, reboot Iron Fist because he could use a do-over and retire Punisher because he always felt out of place in the pg13 family friendly MCU.
    If Matt appears in She Hulk they might do the yellow outfit and Stilt Man as a one off joke.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Just realized that Strange is getting his second solo movie after appearing in a string of the biggest movies of their respective year; Infinity War, Endgame and No Way Home. People who didn't care for his first solo but liked his appearances in other movies will definitely follow him into his second solo movie. Then there is the audience who will follow Wanda from her D+ show plus MCU diehards who are interested in the Multiverse plotline introduced in Loki.
    The MCU is promoting itself.

Merry Christmas .

Didn't Jessica Henwick say she was offered a role in Shang-Chi and it would've basically meant she couldn't play Colleen any more?

They're probably going to do a case-by-case basis for any Netflix characters/actors.
    I hope they never Kate's hip holes to live action. Probably the most nonsensical design element I've seen in a comic book.
    I mean, 99% of the costume is functional so I never really minded it that much and it broke up the purple well. The concept art seemed to have a decent hole cut out. And Kate always made it look good .

Like, I don't really see what's so nonsensical about it other than exposing skin.
    And whilst I don't mind characters dressing sexy as long as it feels in character (She Hulk, Black Cat, Tigra, Janet), I do think it's a little random to give Kate random hip holes that serve no other purpose than make it clear that she is not wearing underwear.
    I don't think that was the intention (other than a kind of hilarious byproduct of the design) so much as just conveying a certain sense of style.

Compared to what Kate wore on the show or her current comic outfit it stood out more as a Superhero costume in my opinion. I guess they could always go for something like her OG!Young Avengers costume (exposed torso or not) but I think they sometimes forget that costume exists...
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I can see what you mean about Jessica Jones but theres still so much on the table there like Patsy Walker.
    I'd rather they 100% reboot Patsy.

Spider-Man: NWH crossed $800M in ten days. Yeah, this thing is going to make a billion. The first movie since COVID to hit those numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, 99% of the costume is functional so I never really minded it that much and it broke up the purple well. The concept art seemed to have a decent hole cut out. And Kate always made it look good .

Like, I don't really see what's so nonsensical about it other than exposing skin.

I don't think that was the intention (other than a kind of hilarious byproduct of the design) so much as just conveying a certain sense of style.

Compared to what Kate wore on the show or her current comic outfit it stood out more as a Superhero costume in my opinion. I guess they could always go for something like her OG!Young Avengers costume (exposed torso or not) but I think they sometimes forget that costume exists...

I'd rather they 100% reboot Patsy.
    It's just an unnecessary design element. It doesn't convey any sense of style and is just all out random. I'm fine with costume being how it's depicted in the show.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Krysten Ritter is rumored to cameo in She-Hulk. And let's be real, the only Netflix characters who were universally beloved portrayals were Daredevil, Kingpin, Jessica Jones, Punisher and to a lesser extent, Elektra and Misty Knight. Who else are they meant to bring back? I'd be excited to see Mike Colter Luke Cage but his portrayal was polarizing. I don't need to see anyone from Iron Fist again. Emma Dumont doesn't count, those "X-Men" shows are not canon to the MCU. They still haven't even introduced mutants so what would she be doing, exactly?
    I really liked all the leads form the Netflix shows...just think some of them suffered from poor writing and execution. Yes...even Finn Jones. I get why he was bashed in his own show...but that appearance in the Luke Cage series really showed he could pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    What was polarizing about Mike Colter as Luke Cage?
    That's what I'd like to know. I did have issues with him becoming somewhat of the Boss of Harlem at the end...but overall I liked how was portrayed.

It's just an unnecessary design element. It doesn't convey any sense of style and is just all out random. I'm fine with costume being how it's depicted in the show.
    Isn't exposed skin a certain sense of style in its own right?

Their costumes were too normal in the show to me. Especially for Superhero costumes. And then they tried to emulate that with her new comic and she looks less like a Superhero to me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Isn't exposed skin a certain sense of style in its own right?

Their costumes were too normal in the show to me. Especially for Superhero costumes. And then they tried to emulate that with her new comic and she looks less like a Superhero to me.
    I liked Kate's...I think Clint's could have used a little more work.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Jessica isn't always dark and gritty in the comics, though. Bendis wrote her in a very adult way for the Alias comic, but he also wrote a more family-friendly Jessica during his Avengers run. Same for her role in Young Avengers. The way that I see it, Netflix was her Alias era. If they bring Jessica back now, she will probably be more inspired by her post-Avengers era, and I'm ok with that.