Page 398 of 775 FirstFirst ... 298348388394395396397398399400401402408448498 ... LastLast
Results 5,956 to 5,970 of 11621

I think if Disney introduces too many Netflix Marvel characters at once, they will overwhelm audiences in my opinion. I definitely think the MCU has too many characters at this point.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I think if Disney introduces too many Netflix Marvel characters at once, they will overwhelm audiences in my opinion. I definitely think the MCU has too many characters at this point.
    I don't think if they started giving them each their own tv shows it would be as bad, but at the same time I can't blame Marvel for rolling them out slowly. I just hope we get more of DD and Kingpin sooner rather than later. I would really love a story about Fisk trying to rebuild his empire and Matt fighting him every step of the way. And anyone else think something may have happened to Vanessa? The threat of sending her to jail was literally the only thing keeping Fisk from outing Matt and getting back into crime and now he's suddenly back in the game? Would love to see that story, too.

As for the other shows, I remember reading a comment recently they'd probably have to really tone things down with Jessica Jones and the rest of these Netflix characters, to which I'm not sure how much I agree. As far as language is concerned, both Netflix and D+ go so far as to stop short of the F word. In re to violence, the only real difference I see is the use of blood, as I read someone else say. When it comes to continuity, I don't really see them outright contradicting anything from the shows, but I can see them only really acknowledging the bare bones of things like Matt's history with Fisk. Or mentioning something like how The Hand's reformed deadlier than ever and leaving it at that.

Sorry, got off on a tangent. I'm just super psyched that the characters/actors are being brought over.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I don't think if they started giving them each their own tv shows it would be as bad, but at the same time I can't blame Marvel for rolling them out slowly. I just hope we get more of DD and Kingpin sooner rather than later. I would really love a story about Fisk trying to rebuild his empire and Matt fighting him every step of the way. And anyone else think something may have happened to Vanessa? The threat of sending her to jail was literally the only thing keeping Fisk from outing Matt and getting back into crime and now he's suddenly back in the game? Would love to see that story, too.

As for the other shows, I remember reading a comment recently they'd probably have to really tone things down with Jessica Jones and the rest of these Netflix characters, to which I'm not sure how much I agree. As far as language is concerned, both Netflix and D+ go so far as to stop short of the F word. In re to violence, the only real difference I see is the use of blood, as I read someone else say. When it comes to continuity, I don't really see them outright contradicting anything from the shows, but I can see them only really acknowledging the bare bones of things like Matt's history with Fisk. Or mentioning something like how The Hand's reformed deadlier than ever and leaving it at that.

Sorry, got off on a tangent. I'm just super psyched that the characters/actors are being brought over.
    No need to apologize at all. I share your enthusiasm! I'm actually really happy that Marvel Television fans now feel more "part of" the MCU today. It must have sucked for them to feel kind of "excluded" for so many years. I think Marvel/Disney is adopting the correct approach to introducing the Netflix characters more slowly. I never watched the Netflix stuff, but apparently Daredevil and Kingpin were really popular so I would understand it if they get introduced first. As for the Echo series, I think it would actually be okay if Daredevil and Kingpin have prominent roles there. I didn't feel that way before. Alaqua Cox has had ZERO training in the performing arts and only JUST started acting. For her to headline her own series is a LOT of pressure for such a young lady. I think it would be great for her to get some A-list support.

I think toning down the swearing, violence and sexuality is a must for Disney. It will be awkward for kids to go to movie theaters and witness sex scenes. I mean, parents going to watch a Disney movie don't wanna have their kids asking, "What is that man doing to that woman?" So I would cut that material out. Plus, stuff like that might get Disney products banned in many parts of Africa and Asia. Profits must come first. I haven't seen NWH, but from what I understand DAREDEVIL has NOT debuted in the MCU yet (only his civilian counterpart apparently has). So no more origin stories for Matt in live-action (they've been done already). The Hand in the MCU (should they appear in it), should be a family-friendly version of the Foot Clan. There's no need for gore. And I would get rid of Daredevil's secret identity IMMEDIATELY if he shows up anywhere in the MCU.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 12-28-2021 at 01:25 PM.

Extraordinary Member

No need to apologize at all. I share your enthusiasm! I'm actually really happy that Marvel Television fans now feel more "part of" the MCU today. It must have sucked for them to feel kind of "excluded" for so many years. I think Marvel/Disney is adopting the correct approach to introducing the Netflix characters more slowly. I never watched the Netflix stuff, but apparently Daredevil and Kingpin were really popular so I would understand it if they get introduced first. As for the Echo series, I think it would actually be okay if Daredevil and Kingpin have prominent roles there. I didn't feel that way before. Alaqua Cox has had ZERO training in the performing arts and only JUST started acting. For her to headline her own series is a LOT of pressure for such a young lady. I think it would be great for her to get some A-list support.

I think toning down the swearing, violence and sexuality is a must for Disney. It will be awkward for kids to go to movie theaters and witness sex scenes. I mean, parents going to watch a Disney movie don't wanna have their kids asking, "What is that man doing to that woman?" So I would cut that material out. Plus, stuff like that might get Disney products banned in many parts of Africa and Asia. Profits must come first. I haven't seen NWH, but from what I understand DAREDEVIL has NOT debuted in the MCU yet (only his civilian counterpart apparently has). So no more origin stories for Matt in live-action (they've been done already). The Hand in the MCU (should they appear in it), should be a family-friendly version of the Foot Clan. There's no need for gore. And I would get rid of Daredevil's secret identity IMMEDIATELY if he shows up anywhere in the MCU.
    Like I said, the swearing was really no worse on any of the Netflix shows as it was on Hawkeye. The 'S' word is about as bad as it got on either. As for sex, there were maybe at the most five between all six series (although there was one female topless scene)? And for the most part, you could've pulled those right out and it wouldn't've effected the plot in the least. I imagine if The Hand do appear, they'd probably be comparable in terms of threat level to HYDRA in the first two Cap movies.

In re to his secret id, I don't see that going anywhere. If Pete gets to keep his, I don't see them getting rid of Matt's any time soon.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Kind of a neat little fact disney snuck in two not yet shown heroes mcu versions in avengers campus at disneyland. Avengers campus has areas based on avengers, iron man, dr strange, spider-man and agent carter! (she gets a area before black panther or thor!) Well in the spidey area in the school campus peter goes to two other marvel heroes go there as well in easter eggs in the hub. Moon girl and squirrel girl go there as well!

Wonder if they will ever show up in the movies or shows? But at least we know a version of them are there somewhere. Love when marvel does these easter eggs like this.

Like I said, the swearing was really no worse on any of the Netflix shows as it was on Hawkeye. The 'S' word is about as bad as it got on either. As for sex, there were maybe at the most five between all six series (although there was one female topless scene)? And for the most part, you could've pulled those right out and it wouldn't've effected the plot in the least. I imagine if The Hand do appear, they'd probably be comparable in terms of threat level to HYDRA in the first two Cap movies.

In re to his secret id, I don't see that going anywhere. If Pete gets to keep his, I don't see them getting rid of Matt's any time soon.
    Your comments just prove to me that a lot of the "sexy" content in shows and movies are TOTALLY superfluous and unnecessary. So I'm glad that Disney will not include that kind of material in future projects. I think having the Hand as a secret society threatening global domination would be old hat at this point. How many underground organizations have appeared in the MCU with ambitions to take over the world at this point? And how have they all remained so successful in avoiding detection? So I think Marvel/Disney might do something new with the Daredevil "franchise." As to secret identities, I'm very sad to learn that Peter kept his. What was the point of revealing it in Far from Home then? And lemme guess, Marvel/Sony used "magic" to reverse things. Lame! The MCU absolutely subverted expectations by getting rid of the secret identity trope, and I hope they continue to have their characters not hide who they really are in the future.

Extraordinary Member

Your comments just prove to me that a lot of the "sexy" content in shows and movies are TOTALLY superfluous and unnecessary. So I'm glad that Disney will not include that kind of material in future projects.
    I wouldn't say unnecessary. No more unnecessary than Iron Fist's glowing hands or the horns on DD's cowl, anyway. They add a little flourish, imho. Are all of the aforementioned things unnecessary? Maybe. Are they either fun or set the tone, though? Absolutely.

I think having the Hand as a secret society threatening global domination would be old hat at this point. How many underground organizations have appeared in the MCU with ambitions to take over the world at this point? And how have they all remained so successful in avoiding detection? So I think Marvel/Disney might do something new with the Daredevil "franchise."
    Sure they've been more than a few so far. But I think each one offers something different. I mean, I don't think anyone in their right mind would confuse HYDRA with the 10 Rings.

As to secret identities, I'm very sad to learn that Peter kept his. What was the point of revealing it in Far from Home then? And lemme guess, Marvel/Sony used "magic" to reverse things. Lame! The MCU absolutely subverted expectations by getting rid of the secret identity trope, and I hope they continue to have their characters not hide who they really are in the future.
    I'm thrilled they let him keep his, personally. Like with DD, Pete's is absolutely essential. Any reversal on that is just a road to disaster.

I do think Punisher should be in the MU cbr article but i think instead of a murderer flat out what the marvel u would excel at is turning the punisher into a psychological drama in which he literally punishes people in a multitude of ways. karli from falcon and winter solider would make a good Punisher.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I wouldn't say unnecessary. No more unnecessary than Iron Fist's glowing hands or the horns on DD's cowl, anyway. They add a little flourish, imho. Are all of the aforementioned things unnecessary? Maybe. Are they either fun or set the tone, though? Absolutely.

Sure they've been more than a few so far. But I think each one offers something different. I mean, I don't think anyone in their right mind would confuse HYDRA with the 10 Rings.

I'm thrilled they let him keep his, personally. Like with DD, Pete's is absolutely essential. Any reversal on that is just a road to disaster.
    I just think it's better for Disney's family-friendly brand to avoid any kind of gratuitous sex scenes in their products. I mean, they could be fun and set the tone, but thus far they haven't really needed it. Kids should enjoy these movies and shows with their parents. I can't even watch onscreen "sex" with my family without cringing and I'm not a kid anymore. I guess I'm not a supporter of having more martial arts inspired secret societies in the MCU. We've already seen it in Strange 1 and Shang-Chi. I would prefer DD engage in some detective noir stories instead. Just a change of pace would be nice. I just don't think secret identities would work in the 2020s. It leads to many contrived situations that ruin the suspension of belief for ME. In regards to Spider-Man, I found a quote online which I COMPLETELY agree with:

"Loved the movie, but frustrated with what the ending implies for the future. I hate the Spider-Man must be miserable trope, and appreciated that it was not central to the MCU’s Spider-Man. Feels like the soft reset is setting up a return to that Spider-man dynamic, and I’m not looking forward to it. Sigh."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They both look more like their dressing for a sports event or going to the gym than actual Superheroes.
    That bothers me a little bit.

I like Clint's new suit. Best he's looked in the MCU, I think, and I like the nod to Fraction's casual design. But I don't like that, far as we know, it's just a costume. Not even kevlar or something that offers some protection, not a lot of space for gadgets of any kind. It's a little too comic book-y, in a setting that tends to drift towards tactical gear with its unpowered characters.

Within the context of this story I get it; it's literally a costume a bunch of LARP'ers make, and Clint doesn't have his regular gear with him because he's on vacation (if not retired, again). And if Clint suits up again he'll certainly have a new costume (everyone gets one, every appearance). So not a big deal at all. But still.

If I'm wrong and the thing *is* useful, and not completely "form over function" then I'm cool with it, but you know who else wore UnderArmor instead of a costume? Quicksilver.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    That bothers me a little bit.

I like Clint's new suit. Best he's looked in the MCU, I think, and I like the nod to Fraction's casual design. But I don't like that, far as we know, it's just a costume. Not even kevlar or something that offers some protection, not a lot of space for gadgets of any kind. It's a little too comic book-y, in a setting that tends to drift towards tactical gear with its unpowered characters.

Within the context of this story I get it; it's literally a costume a bunch of LARP'ers make, and Clint doesn't have his regular gear with him because he's on vacation (if not retired, again). And if Clint suits up again he'll certainly have a new costume (everyone gets one, every appearance). So not a big deal at all. But still.

If I'm wrong and the thing *is* useful, and not completely "form over function" then I'm cool with it, but you know who else wore UnderArmor instead of a costume? Quicksilver.
    I wish they had looked more comic-booky-y. But I personally prefer form over function.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wish they had looked more comic-booky-y. But I personally prefer form over function.
    When the person is bulletproof, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    This is now MCU canon in my mind.

Totally happened.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

This is now MCU canon in my mind.

Totally happened.
    That should have been the post credit scene. Pan to them in the audience looking traumatized.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I saw on reddit someone imagining Scott being there and telling people "yep, that's how it happened!" because now people are probably going to think Ant-Man actually was at the Battle of New York.
    I mean, all bad guys shoot like Storm Troopers, so .