Page 399 of 775 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399400401402403409449499 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,985 of 11621
    Extraordinary Member

Something popped into my head today...you know they do the 'Peter Parker keeps making Star Wars references...does that mean he thinks Nick Fury looks like Sam Jackson?' and "Rhodey mentions Hot Tub Time Machine....doesn't she think Bucky looks like Sebastion Stan?'

Now with Last Action Hero we know how that works....Stallone is the Terminator.

Soooo...should Marvel do some deep fakes of some of these movies? Like get Laurence Fishburne to mimic Sam Jackson and deep fake that into one of the Star Wars prequels and have someone watching that in a Marvel movie?

How I rank the MCU movies after 27 entrees:

1. Avengers: Infinity War ****
    2. Avengers: Endgame ****
    3. Spider-Man: No Way Home ****
    4. Avengers ****
    5. Captain America: Civil War ****
    6. Captain America: Winter Soldier ****
    7. Iron Man ****
    8. Thor: Ragnarok ****
    9. Spider-Man: Far From Home ****
    10. Spider-Man: Homecoming ****
    11. Black Panther ****
    12. Captain America: The First Avenger ***1/2
    13. Avengers: Age of Ultron ***1/2
    14. Doctor Strange ***1/2
    15. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings ***1/2
    16. Black Widow ***
    17. Thor ***
    18. Guardians of the Galaxy ***
    19. Ant-Man ***
    20. Eternals ***
    21. Ant-Man and the Wasp ***
    22. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 ***
    23. Iron Man 2 ***
    24. Incredible Hulk ***
    25. Iron Man 3 ***
    26. Captain Marvel ***
    27. Thor: The Dark World **1/2

Finally saw Spidey today. It was good, but I wish so much of it hadn't been spoiled so thoroughly. I'm usually really good at avoiding spoilers but this movie, man you just couldn't get away from them.

I enjoyed it though. It's definitely my least favorite of the Holland Spider-Man films, it's not as good a multiverse story as Into the Spider-Verse, and I think they were trying to squeeze two different movies into this thing. I would have much rather have watched Parker deal with the consequences of his identity being revealed for a whole film, including the legal battle, and then have a fourth film where Parker goes to Strange to make the world forget who Spider-Man is. But it was a fun film nonetheless and it was good to see the former Spiders again.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Should have shown scenes of Tobey's and Andrew's Spider-Men going home. Tobey to MJ and Andrew pops in just in time to meet Felecia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Something popped into my head today...you know they do the 'Peter Parker keeps making Star Wars references...does that mean he thinks Nick Fury looks like Sam Jackson?' and "Rhodey mentions Hot Tub Time Machine....doesn't she think Bucky looks like Sebastion Stan?'

Now with Last Action Hero we know how that works....Stallone is the Terminator.

Soooo...should Marvel do some deep fakes of some of these movies? Like get Laurence Fishburne to mimic Sam Jackson and deep fake that into one of the Star Wars prequels and have someone watching that in a Marvel movie?
    They should reveal Simon Williams played most of the characters on film. Then a different actor for roles he would have been too young to have played. We know thanks to GotG2 that Simon Williams is in the MCU played by Nathan Fillion.

For Sam Jackson and Nick Fury, they should just have Sam meet Nick Fury on screen and have one of them go 'who're you looking at mf?'. They could do something similar with Kurt Russell and Ego.

No need to deep fake it or play it too seriously. Just make it funny. I could watch a whole gag reel of Simon Williams playing various roles in movies made in-universe MCU.

Simon apparently played Tony in a biopic too.

It would be pretty great to see biopics within universe, with Fillion playing Simon playing the role/s. Be a fun way to introduce the character.

So, the Keanu Reeves rumors. Random topic I know, and a bit old news, but apparently he's talked with Fiege or some such. Doesn't sound like he's likely to appear in the MCU anytime soon but it does make for fun fan casting. And I got to thinking today, y'know that Keanu guy would make a pretty good (older) Richard Rider Nova. I could maybe see Marvel running the idea that Richard was the only survivor of Thanos' attack on Xandar and Rich has been hauling the Worldmind around the galaxy since then. It'd give Marvel an excuse to use the de-aging technology they're so fond of, it'd put Rich directly into his most popular post-Annihilation status quo, and you could add in Sam Alexander and do the whole "grizzled vet/young hotshot" buddy cop thing.

Just a stray thought.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    It would be pretty great to see biopics within universe, with Fillion playing Simon playing the role/s. Be a fun way to introduce the character.

So, the Keanu Reeves rumors. Random topic I know, and a bit old news, but apparently he's talked with Fiege or some such. Doesn't sound like he's likely to appear in the MCU anytime soon but it does make for fun fan casting. And I got to thinking today, y'know that Keanu guy would make a pretty good (older) Richard Rider Nova. I could maybe see Marvel running the idea that Richard was the only survivor of Thanos' attack on Xandar and Rich has been hauling the Worldmind around the galaxy since then. It'd give Marvel an excuse to use the de-aging technology they're so fond of, it'd put Rich directly into his most popular post-Annihilation status quo, and you could add in Sam Alexander and do the whole "grizzled vet/young hotshot" buddy cop thing.

Just a stray thought.
    I think Keanu's too Keanu for Rich. Like, maybe the voice for the Worldmind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Keanu's too Keanu for Rich. Like, maybe the voice for the Worldmind.
    Yeah, maybe Keanu is too Keanu for the role, but I dunno, I think it's within his ability to pull off.

Worldmind though? Morgan Freeman or bust!

~ Black Panther.

I love Keanu Reeves but I can't really think of a Marvel character that screams Keanu Reeves to me.

There has to someone right? I think one of the X-Men characters might be a good fit. Maybe Fantomex? Or some other Weapon X related character?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I love Keanu Reeves but I can't really think of a Marvel character that screams Keanu Reeves to me.

There has to someone right? I think one of the X-Men characters might be a good fit. Maybe Fantomex? Or some other Weapon X related character?
    Well, I wouldn't rule out them remaking a character to fit the actor again...

BANNED

These are gritter more r rated fitted x-men characters or characters that stretch the last limits of PG 13.

Keanu Reeves would be a good fit with his experience from The Matrix and John Wick series.

However we would be kidding ourselves if we think any MCU XMEN film would even come close to those style of films.

I really do not kid myself when I say MCU XMEN would not come close to X-MEN 2 when it comes to content and X-MEN styled stories. With Fantomex and Weapon X characters, you are actually asking for a bridge between Logan and Deadpool movies.
    Last edited by Castle; 01-02-2022 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    How I rank the MCU movies after 27 entrees:

1. Avengers: Infinity War ****
    2. Avengers: Endgame ****
    3. Spider-Man: No Way Home ****
    4. Avengers ****
    5. Captain America: Civil War ****
    6. Captain America: Winter Soldier ****
    7. Iron Man ****
    8. Thor: Ragnarok ****
    9. Spider-Man: Far From Home ****
    10. Spider-Man: Homecoming ****
    11. Black Panther ****
    12. Captain America: The First Avenger ***1/2
    13. Avengers: Age of Ultron ***1/2
    14. Doctor Strange ***1/2
    15. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings ***1/2
    16. Black Widow ***
    17. Thor ***
    18. Guardians of the Galaxy ***
    19. Ant-Man ***
    20. Eternals ***
    21. Ant-Man and the Wasp ***
    22. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 ***
    23. Iron Man 2 ***
    24. Incredible Hulk ***
    25. Iron Man 3 ***
    26. Captain Marvel ***
    27. Thor: The Dark World **1/2
    Mine:

Fav:

1.) Avengers: Infinity War
    2.) Black Panther
    3.) Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    4.) WandaVision
    5.) Eternals
    6.) Thor: Ragnarok

Really Good:

7.) Avengers: Endgame
    8.) Guardians of the Galaxy
    9.) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
    10.) Hawkeye
    11.) Loki
    12.) Spider-Man: No Way Home

Enjoyable:

13.) Iron Man
    14.) Shang-Chi
    15.) Captain America: Civil War
    16.) Captain Marvel
    17.) Falcon & The Winter Soldier
    18.) Spider-Man: Homecoming
    19.) Ant-Man & The Wasp
    20.) Ant-Man
    21.) Iron Man 2
    22.) Spider-Man: Far From Home

Meh:

22.) Black Widow
    23.) Thor
    24.) Doctor Strange
    24.) Captain America: The First Avenger

Trash:

25.) Thor: The Dark World
    26.) Iron Man 3
    27.) Incredible Hulk

Oh ****, I wanna do this too! I'll copy the template above. Also, not putting the D+ shows in but WandaVision would be great and the rest would range around solid

Favs:
    1. Iron Man
    2. Black Panther
    3. Iron Man 3
    4. Thor Ragnarok
    5. Spider-Man: No Way Home
    6. Avengers: Infinity War
    7. Captain America: Winter Soldier
    8. Guardians of the Galaxy

Very Good:
    9. Spider-Man: Homecoming
    10. Avengers: Endgame
    11. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
    12. Captain America: Civil War
    13. Captain America: The First Avenger

Pretty Solid:
    14. Ant Man
    15. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
    16. Thor
    17. Spider-Man: Far From Home
    18. Doctor Strange

Meh:
    19. Captain Marvel
    20. Iron Man 2
    21. Black Widow
    22. Ant Man & the Wasp
    23. The Avengers
    24. The Incredible Hulk

Straight up Bad:
    25. Thor: The Dark World
    26. Avengers: Age of Ultron

Haven't seen:
    Eternals

I wanna see him as a the Beyonder.