Page 4 of 761 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast

Skrulls look like Skrulls to me. And you do know that there will be CGI enhancing, right?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

We've also got a nod to Monica Rambeau!

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Honestly figured the Skrulls would be 100% CGI. For a practical-effects look, I'm down with this design.

Thing I am the most down with? Ronan wearing green. Thank goodness - I had a horrible suspicion they'd try and build the full Kree 'look' from his GOTG appearance and that would've been a huge mistake. Kree are assholes, but they don't dress like dark wizards. Their soldiers all pretty much dress like classic superheroes because their culture idolizes warfare; they likely could've gone with something even glitzier but these looks are on point for that.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I can think of nothing negative to say about any of the released images, honestly. Captain Marvel has officially the best superhero look in the MCU, in my opinion. The Skrulls are not what I expected, but I like what they did with them. Maria ''Photon'' Rambeau is so obviously an easter-egg to Monica which makes me very happy. Jude Law is a dilf and I wish they would hurry up and confirm his role already. The obscure Starforce being used is interesting, plus the idea of Carol being a part of a military Kree team is pretty badass. And seeing some existing characters getting backstories is exciting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Honestly figured the Skrulls would be 100% CGI. For a practical-effects look, I'm down with this design.

Thing I am the most down with? Ronan wearing green. Thank goodness - I had a horrible suspicion they'd try and build the full Kree 'look' from his GOTG appearance and that would've been a huge mistake. Kree are assholes, but they don't dress like dark wizards. Their soldiers all pretty much dress like classic superheroes because their culture idolizes warfare; they likely could've gone with something even glitzier but these looks are on point for that.
    Clearly this is Ronan before he split off from mainstream Kree society and went radical genocidal terrorist.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    I was expecting the Skrulls would have a lot of mo-cap work done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I can think of nothing negative to say about any of the released images, honestly. Captain Marvel has officially the best superhero look in the MCU, in my opinion. The Skrulls are not what I expected, but I like what they did with them. Maria ''Photon'' Rambeau is so obviously an easter-egg to Monica which makes me very happy. Jude Law is a dilf and I wish they would hurry up and confirm his role already. The obscure Starforce being used is interesting, plus the idea of Carol being a part of a military Kree team is pretty badass. And seeing some existing characters getting backstories is exciting.
    I think visually pretty much every MCU hero looks spectacular on-screen, give or take a few dud costumes they only wear for one movie. I'm still missing the sash tough .

I'm still not sure if Law is Mar-Vell. I think there has to be a reason they haven't revealed who he's playing yet, and his character description doesn't really sound much like any version of Mar-Vell.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post

Skrulls look absolutely terrible.
    I love them. I hope there's no CGI and it's all practical effects and weird make up.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Yay for green Ronan .

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm still not sure if Law is Mar-Vell. I think there has to be a reason they haven't revealed who he's playing yet, and his character description doesn't really sound much like any version of Mar-Vell.
    Yeah, I was reading some of the stuff Jude was saying about his character and it really didn't come off as Mar-Vell to me. Plus, I don't get why Mar-Vell being in the movie would be a secret; most people were actually expecting that. OTOH, if he's not Mar-Vell, then it doesn't look like Mar will be in the movie at all, which is a bummer.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Will the Skrull replace Thanos in the grander scheme of upcoming Phases? If so, fingers crossed we won't get SECRET INVASION

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Will the Skrull replace Thanos in the grander scheme of upcoming Phases? If so, fingers crossed we won't get SECRET INVASION
    They're Skrulls. Replacing people is whatthey do .

And I'm sure an MCU Secret Invasion won't be 2 hours of one brawl in the Savage Land followed by 15 minutes of an Independence Day style invasion, just like any other MCU film that copied the title of a comics story line had very little to nothing in common with the source.

Since Carol it seems is Half Human and Kree could she be Mar-Vell's kid? If so she better had been looking for Teddy, Phyla, and Genis over the last twenty years.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    They're Skrulls. Replacing people is whatthey do .

And I'm sure an MCU Secret Invasion won't be 2 hours of one brawl in the Savage Land followed by 15 minutes of an Independence Day style invasion, just like any other MCU film that copied the title of a comics story line had very little to nothing in common with the source.
    It would be interesting if the Skrulls are why Pierce so many Shield Agents flipped to Hydra and wanted DNA tracking Helicarriers that could kill from the sky.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    We've also got a nod to Monica Rambeau!

would love to see Monica in the mcu