Page 412 of 775 FirstFirst ... 312362402408409410411412413414415416422462512 ... LastLast
Results 6,166 to 6,180 of 11617

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I heard that Christine is killed at her wedding, and then her body is turned into a vessel for Clea. This would promote Rachel McAdams from a girlfriend character to a hero character.
    That sounds kind of creepy...

I mean, Christine was barely a "girlfriend" character as it is in the first movie, but they did make that aspect pivotal in the Strange Supreme What If episode.

I was just happy keeping Christine around and in the background so we had more recognizable civilian characters in the MCU instead of more superpowered people. Kind of getting to be like the comics at this point.

Honestly, Tilda Swinton should have been Clea with the title of 'Ancient One'.

For the MCU, it would probably make more sense to have Clea as Strange's successor (which they've already done in the comics) instead of his love interest.

Is Christine a sort of analog for the nurse character that Dr. Strange was romantically involved with once? Was that Night Nurse?

There are maybe a couple of female characters that Strange either knew or was involved with. Any of those could have been the character Christine ended up being.
    Like Victoria Bentley who later was a friend or relationship with Dane Whitman (killed needlessly for effect if I recall).
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

There's a TV spot that shows Christine in the Illuminati's headquarters with America Chavez. Didn't expect that she would be tagging along but okay. I wonder how much she'll get to do plot-wise

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Honestly, Tilda Swinton should have been Clea with the title of 'Ancient One'.

For the MCU, it would probably make more sense to have Clea as Strange's successor (which they've already done in the comics) instead of his love interest.
    Tilda as Clea...I guess I could kind of see it? But I don't think it would be a natural fit.

I mean, she's Strange's biggest romance so I don't see why that shouldn't be in play but the movies tend to have too much going on to do proper romance arcs. They only just made her his successor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    There's a TV spot that shows Christine in the Illuminati's headquarters with America Chavez. Didn't expect that she would be tagging along but okay. I wonder how much she'll get to do plot-wise
    It's probably a Variant.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess they realize they wasted Rachel McAdams and might want to salvage that somehow (civilian characters don't seem to shake out for long in the MCU).
    Honestly I care more about Clea's character integrity than skipping a good actress, just how much you need to alter her to make this work.
    And characters merging always rubs me the wrong way, because it often screams them not being considered important enough to be their own thing. And they are often merged based on few traits they share.(In this case, being Stephen's love interests.)

People used to have this ShuRiri idea about merging Shuri and Riri Williams, because both are young tech genius black girls. But I guess you can see how problemetic this mindset is.

And the thing is, they totally have the time to introduce/develop Clea properly, heck, they have room for all these variants and cameos. But clearly Strange characters are given less priority than one-off multiverse cameos who are not even mystical/magic characters.

Extraordinary Member

That sounds kind of creepy...

I mean, Christine was barely a "girlfriend" character as it is in the first movie, but they did make that aspect pivotal in the Strange Supreme What If episode.

I was just happy keeping Christine around and in the background so we had more recognizable civilian characters in the MCU instead of more superpowered people. Kind of getting to be like the comics at this point.
    I love Christine's role in DS1, and how she didn't really get back together with Stephen. Just like how Stephen's hands and watch are still broken.
    Stephen cannot fix everything, and that is okay, he became a better person through his journey, the destination may not be what he originally wanted, but it's the journey that mattered.

What if? frames Christine as the love of his life character, which is not really convincing in the first place, I just don't have enough time with them together(Christine/Stephen would be a another bland MCU romance if they got back together, DS1 dodged this by simply making them remain friends.)
    Annnd she has nothing better to do than traumatizing Stephen by dying in ridiculous ways. Stephen is straight doing some weird "fridge your girlfriend" speedrun. I don't really expect a short animation episode to flesh out her character more, but this whole "her death is absolute, deal with it" screams man pain fest.

That brought us to DS2, where Christine will get married and Stephen will suposedly get paired up with a variant. I don't know what you make of this, but it is kinda creepy, especially if they actually end up together. It frames Stephen as obsessive which contradict with his arc in DS1. But they already did Steve/Peggy with this ****. So it's not surprising Stephen can get the same treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Honestly I care more about Clea's character integrity than skipping a good actress, just how much you need to alter her to make this work.
    And characters merging always rubs me the wrong way, because it often screams them not being considered important enough to be their own thing. And they are often merged based on few traits they share.(In this case, being Stephen's love interests.)

People used to have this ShuRiri idea about merging Shuri and Riri Williams, because both are young tech genius black girls. But I guess you can see how problemetic this mindset is.

And the thing is, they totally have the time to introduce/develop Clea properly, heck, they have room for all these variants and cameos. But clearly Strange characters are given less priority than one-off multiverse cameos who are not even mystical/magic characters.
    Well, Wong seems important to the narrative at least.

Extraordinary Member

Well, Wong seems important to the narrative at least.
    Yeah, but it kinda felt like a quota to me?
    Because outside of Wong, everyone in the magic circle got screwed over to some extent. Stephen and Wanda obviously, and Mordo are supposedly killed off and replaced by a variant.
    Wong is not specifically shown to be important, having an interesting arc perse, it's just nothing outrageous will happen to him. So that is already considered good when it should be neutral at best.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 02-14-2022 at 10:48 PM.

Of course Rachael is a good actor, so her role did seem one and done in the first one. They must have intrigued her with the plot elements of the story, one way or another, to bet her back - or she signed one of the contracts that says she will be in x movies even if for seconds.

Since her character seems an analog of other characters I don't feel a particular weight saying she can't be a Clea variant, taken over by Clea, or my idea where she always was but sorta spying on the Supreme guy (I mentioned how Jenny Calendar was repurposed or retconned in Buffy season 2)

I like the idea because it could create the idea that Fate, Ancient One or who knows, always knew Strange would become SS and maybe ChrisClea was someone to either watch over, or enhance that process. It would work for me, but it shouldn't be

slap-dash.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I like the idea because it could create the idea that Fate, Ancient One or who knows, always knew Strange would become SS and maybe ChrisClea was someone to either watch over, or enhance that process. It would work for me, but it shouldn't be
    In Endgame Hulk visited Ancient One in the past and she said something like "You are few years too early to see Strange here" and then added "he should become the best of us". So, she apparently knew about Strange's future long before meeting him and in theory could have sent Christine/Clea to watch over him.

I forgot that!

the MCU will never be totally like or drawn from 616 comic verse.
    Whether this was plotted all along (and of course, it could have been)

if this happens, Christine is really Clea or will be, it is just that.
    Take it as it is, without any baggage from the comics "well, it should have".
    Dr. Strange has always been about him seeing himself as he was/is - kind of callow and egotistical.

Christine, has so far been portrayed, to be able to see the better in him, he can't or wont' see.

So with a little back story added, retcon or not.
    It rather makes sense to me. And I admit, I'm a little sweet on the actor and character.
    ~ Oberon ~

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I forgot that!

the MCU will never be totally like or drawn from 616 comic verse.
    Whether this was plotted all along (and of course, it could have been)

if this happens, Christine is really Clea or will be, it is just that.
    Take it as it is, without any baggage from the comics "well, it should have".
    Dr. Strange has always been about him seeing himself as he was/is - kind of callow and egotistical.

Christine, has so far been portrayed, to be able to see the better in him, he can't or wont' see.

So with a little back story added, retcon or not.
    It rather makes sense to me. And I admit, I'm a little sweet on the actor and character.
    I prefer Clea possessing Christine's body like Illyria and Fred from Angel. It avoids the potential mess of a retcon and adds horror/love triangle potential.

Christine being a mage the whole time doesn't add a whole lot to the story to me.

But I'm fine with her just being Night Nurse and opening up her clinic. Just adapt the Oath by Brian K. Vaughn.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-15-2022 at 09:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Just make Faltine energy form as Clea's natural state and she picked Christine's likeness to imitate when assuming a material form.
    This way she can be a separate character in every way but the look.

That being said, it will be pretty weird and creepy if Stephen is totally okay with that.

It's probably a Variant.
    If we’re throwing Christine variants into the mix then I want Regina George to show up