Page 422 of 775 FirstFirst ... 322372412418419420421422423424425426432472522 ... LastLast
Results 6,316 to 6,330 of 11617

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Female Team up movie should not be at expense of the only solo female franchise that marvel has as of now. It is just virtue signalling by Kevin Feige and Brie Larson without proper effort.

If the movie is actually Captain Marvel 2 and is Carol focused with Kamala and Monica being just supporting characters, it is gonna get hated for marginalizing the colored characters in favor of white character
    or if the movie is actual team up, Carol will suffer and pull the movie down because she is very underdeveloped character and don't have sufficient time to show what CM did for 20 years. not to mention setup the villains of the movie, setup Carol romance while also giving equal importance and character arc to Kamala and Monica. If the rumours are true about Carol's lover, there is also gonna be lot of hate if they don't do that properly.

We don't even know why Carol is called Captain Marvel! I just have very bad feeling about this rushed team up that it is gonna hurt all three female leads
    Rumors about Carol's lover?

spoilers:
    I guess it's some female character?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Fiege and Sony could always cut a deal like they did with Peter.
    Jessica Drew isn't that popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Cool. I can see Feige doing a loose adaptation of Annihilation down the line although some characters in that story like Ronan and Thanos are already dead in MCU.
    They could always say that 'Ronan' is a title and give us an actual comic accurate Ronan.

I have a feeling that Thanos will come back. It really depends on how they adapt Adam Warlock. After all Thanos was presumed dead when Warlock first met him. Not to mention, they introduced Starfox in Eternals explicitly identifying him as 'Thanos brother'.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    They could always say that 'Ronan' is a title and give us an actual comic accurate Ronan.
    Oh I like that idea. I was quite displeased when GotG treated him like a bad mustache twirling villain, and had hoped Captain Marvel would do him justice, only for the guy to get like, three lines of dialogue (none of which had any more depth than GotG). Making it a title opens up a chance to get it right, and hey, third time's the charm yeah?

I have a feeling that Thanos will come back. It really depends on how they adapt Adam Warlock. After all Thanos was presumed dead when Warlock first met him. Not to mention, they introduced Starfox in Eternals explicitly identifying him as 'Thanos brother'.
    Maybe a variant, but I don't think the main MCU version is gonna be anything other than a decapitated corpse.

And I'm pretty sure Thanos was mentioned with Starfox not for the benefit of Thanos, but for the benefit of Starfox.

Personally I don't need Thanos back. At all. In any version. He was amazing, Brolin did a fantastic job...but his story is told, it wrapped up in the most satisfying manner it could have.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I highly recommend going on "Marvel Memes" for a good laugh!

"The Slap" got had me rolling.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 03-29-2022 at 04:08 AM.

I was really wondering how Starfox was related to Thanos in this continuity but I think they said that in this continuity Eros was an Eternal placed on Titan who was adopted by Thanos' family? Makes me wonder about Mentor.

Also, does that mean Titan was destroyed because of their Celestial awakening and not because of overpopulation like Thanos though? Although it doesn't seem like that went through the normal process since Eros wasn't reprogrammed.

Been wondering about that myself.

I do believe....somebody.....said Eros was adopted into Thanos' family. I don't know enough about that side of the MU to have any idea how it might all fit in the MCU.

I figure Eros went through a similar arc as Ajak; leader of his group and thus aware of their true goal, Eros learned to love the people of Titan and broke away from his Celestial handler (who's name I forget). He tells adopted bro Thanos about the Celestial seed at some point and Thanos figures the solution is to starve it to death, or at least slow it's development, by keeping the population low. He fails, the planet is ruined. Eros and Thanos probably don't agree on the whole "genocide" thing and have a real ugly falling out. Eros leaves to spread the truth to other Eternals, avoiding capture same as "our" space-bound Eternals are, and the trauma of it all twists Thanos even further and his goal shifts from "stop Celestials from destroying planets by depleting the population" to "balance an overpopulated universe by wiping out half of all life."

But when we see, in an Eternals exposition dump, a Celestial being born, it utterly shatters the planet, Krypton style. Titan was utterly wrecked, but it was still at least mostly, semi intact. Maybe the Celestial died in "child birth" or maybe it just didn't tear things up too much on its way out, or the Krypton-esque explosion was figurative and not literal, or who knows what, but with what little we've seen on screen, if Titan was the victim of a Celestial birth, it should probably be dust scattered across the whole quadrant, not just a dented planet spinning off kilter.

But the whole "sentient life = Celestial birth" thing does add a lot of context to Thanos' plan and makes it more....rational, I guess? Not really, but kinda? I dunno how much any of this will actually tie together, but I bet there's a good chance it will, somehow.
    Last edited by Ascended; 03-28-2022 at 07:35 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Rumors about Carol's lover?

spoilers:
    I guess it's some female character?
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, We can see in Thor if the rumours are true

Yeah, We can see in Thor if the rumours are true
    spoilers:
    She's supposed to be Valkyrie's queen? Or considered an option? I feel like that would be too much fan wish-fulfillment.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    She's supposed to be Valkyrie's queen? Or considered an option? I feel like that would be too much fan wish-fulfillment.
    end of spoilers
    That's exactly whats happening. No setup, they will just announce they have been in love. As Always most interesting thing about Carol will happen offscreen just like her becoming popular public hero on Earth to inspire Kamala or her protecting hundreds of planets

That's exactly whats happening. No setup, they will just announce they have been in love. As Always most interesting thing about Carol will happen offscreen just like her becoming popular public hero on Earth to inspire Kamala or her protecting hundreds of planets
    It being so sudden and not even introduced in her own movie makes me very skeptical.

Yeah, gonna call BS on that rumor until I see it for myself.

Granted it wouldn't be the first time the MCU skipped over major developments either. And I wouldn't be surprised if Carol gets a cameo of some kind to hype her sequel or just for the exposure. But I'm not gonna buy into the idea of her having a role like *that* until I see it from a legit source....and maybe not until I see the movie itself. Was there a link I missed here?

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Well spoilers:
    we do know Valkyrie is for sure in The Marvels.
    end of spoilers

How are you assuming all that? Afaik all the rumor says is that Carol/Valkyrie "will happen" as in a relationship, they didn't specify any plot details.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Well spoilers:
    we do know Valkyrie is for sure in The Marvels.
    end of spoilers
    Sure, but that's a long way from what these rumors are claiming. Chris Evans was in Thor 2, but that didn't mean love was in the mix. And for all we know, this Marvels cameo appearance won't be any bigger than Evans' was.

I'm not saying it's absolutely not gonna happen, just that I'm not gonna blindly buy into rumors of it without anything official to back it up.

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Sure, but that's a long way from what these rumors are claiming. Chris Evans was in Thor 2, but that didn't mean love was in the mix. And for all we know, this Marvels cameo appearance won't be any bigger than Evans' was.

I'm not saying it's absolutely not gonna happen, just that I'm not gonna blindly buy into rumors of it without anything official to back it up.
    The person who made the claims have been completely reliable based on her past leaks. Plus Both Taika and Tessa have said, Valkyrie is gonna get her Queen in upcoming Thor movie. spoilers:
    Plus The Marvels call sheet posted on instagram by actress playing Kamala's mom show Tessa in the list. This along with Brie Larson posting Carol x Valkyrie art in her twitter
    end of spoilers
    Too much supporting facts for the rumour
    Last edited by Geraldofrivia; 03-31-2022 at 01:31 AM.