Page 465 of 775 FirstFirst ... 365415455461462463464465466467468469475515565 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,975 of 11620

Disney Plus has a short documentary called A Fan’s Guide To Ms. Marvel.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I didn't quite expect Kamala's parents to be this… invested.

https://twitter.com/MsMarvelUK/statu...41203496697864
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I don't read Kate Bishop in the comics.

So this question is genuine

Is she like... autistic or something?

4 episodes in and... u'd think she would be more... shook? scared? any emotion other than quips and acting like she's at disney world?

Clint being totally unfazed by this (if not bored... really bored) is fine. But a 22? year old... is this her super power lol?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I don't read Kate Bishop in the comics.

So this question is genuine

Is she like... autistic or something?

4 episodes in and... u'd think she would be more... shook? scared? any emotion other than quips and acting like she's at disney world?

Clint being totally unfazed by this (if not bored... really bored) is fine. But a 22? year old... is this her super power lol?
    I feel like she prepared herself to be an MCU hero so much that she was fully prepared to take everything with a quip, smile, and dead bad guys.

Kate is kind of a little blase in the comics but maybe not to that extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like she prepared herself to be an MCU hero so much that she was fully prepared to take everything with a quip, smile, and dead bad guys.

Kate is kind of a little blase in the comics but maybe not to that extent.
    It feels like shes Black Widow but without the assassin or SHIELD background and like 10 years younger

Show weirdly works, it just so... glaring how much her lack of any emotion to chaos is lol.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

It feels like shes Black Widow but without the assassin or SHIELD background and like 10 years younger

Show weirdly works, it just so... glaring how much her lack of any emotion to chaos is lol.
    No wonder she and Yelena get along so well...

Other Marvel actors: Oh no! I can't say anything, the Marvel snipers might get me!

Iman Vellani: I don't care what Kevin Fiege thinks, the MCU is not Earth 616, it's Earth 19999.

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/...9999-marvel%2F

Daaaaamn, girl. I love this actress already. They couldn't have cast a more perfect actress for Ms Marvel.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Other Marvel actors: Oh no! I can't say anything, the Marvel snipers might get me!

Iman Vellani: I don't care what Kevin Fiege thinks, the MCU is not Earth 616, it's Earth 19999.

Daaaaamn, girl. I love this actress already. They couldn't have cast a more perfect actress for Ms Marvel.
    She literally is Kamala in real life:

Astonishing Member

I found the way both Hawkeyes casually slaughtered the Track Suit Mafia some of the best dark humor in the MCU. To be fair, the Track Suits were legit trying to kill them and everyone at the party. Kate was practically squeeing over the trick arrows she later used to cripple and kill Russians.

I did find it interesting that there was a recurring theme of Clint inspiring people like Kate, the LARPers, and even Duquensne. And Clint found the whole thing uncomfortable due to the guilt over his violent past.

If they pull a Zendaya where they pick an actress who's good to play a comic accurate version of the character and have the character's personality be the exact opposite, man, it'll be annoying lol.

Also I'm not sure where else to post this, but hey, since this is the MCU thread:

0:17, man, that one is too good loool.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I found the way both Hawkeyes casually slaughtered the Track Suit Mafia some of the best dark humor in the MCU. To be fair, the Track Suits were legit trying to kill them and everyone at the party. Kate was practically squeeing over the trick arrows she later used to cripple and kill Russians.

I did find it interesting that there was a recurring theme of Clint inspiring people like Kate, the LARPers, and even Duquensne. And Clint found the whole thing uncomfortable due to the guilt over his violent past.
    Is it action movie logic that makes people so blase about basically killing/mortally wounding people? Even in self-defense? Like, most MCU characters are trained soldiers or warriors but it always just felt weird to me that a relatively normal person wouldn't react realistically to their first kill but the MCU has kind of inconsistent moral ethics and standards when it comes to killing. That extends even to the Ronin stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is it action movie logic that makes people so blase about basically killing/mortally wounding people? Even in self-defense? Like, most MCU characters are trained soldiers or warriors but it always just felt weird to me that a relatively normal person wouldn't react realistically to their first kill but the MCU has kind of inconsistent moral ethics and standards when it comes to killing. That extends even to the Ronin stuff.
    I remember first thinking about it in IM 1 to be honest.

Yes tony built weapons but... hes a rich trust fund dousche lol. He ain't ever killed anyone. But dude goes on a full on killing spree getting out of the cave and then... never reflects on it. Instead, he makes a better killing machien and goes and does it again lol. Obviously, having him break down would be a boring movie but still lol.

Since then though, off the top of my head.. the only "normal" guy we've gotten is... Ant-Man? And I don't remember him outright killing too many peple. When he killed YJ, he didn't even see it since he was going Quantum.

I did like Dr. Strange killing that person and then going, "yo wtf this is messed up."

Kate is a rich youngin. Her first dead body woulda broke her to an extent. And instead... she quipped. Everytime (so far). I guess they are going for, "she stared down the invasion of NY and didn't flinch and wanted to do that her whole life" as the justification (she built different) but...coulda at least paused at some point to reflect. It is TV... that is when you have plenty of time to do "deep" stuff.

Yes tony built weapons but... hes a rich trust fund dousche lol. He ain't ever killed anyone. But dude goes on a full on killing spree getting out of the cave and then... never reflects on it. Instead, he makes a better killing machien and goes and does it again lol. Obviously, having him break down would be a boring movie but still lol.
    I thought that's what Ironman's character arc was about, his slow break down over the course of several movies.

Astonishing Member

I remember first thinking about it in IM 1 to be honest.

Since then though, off the top of my head.. the only "normal" guy we've gotten is... Ant-Man? And I don't remember him outright killing too many peple. When he killed YJ, he didn't even see it since he was going Quantum.

I did like Dr. Strange killing that person and then going, "yo wtf this is messed up."

Kate is a rich youngin. Her first dead body woulda broke her to an extent. And instead... she quipped. Everytime (so far). I guess they are going for, "she stared down the invasion of NY and didn't flinch and wanted to do that her whole life" as the justification (she built different) but...coulda at least paused at some point to reflect. It is TV... that is when you have plenty of time to do "deep" stuff.
    Her first dead body was probably back in 2012 during the invasion. Lots of people around her died , including her dad. We saw the after affect when she starts to train.

Her first dead body in the main story was discovering Armond. Still no quips.

I think we need to remember that Kate lives in a world of alien invasions and 50% of everyone she knew dissolving onto dust for 5 years.

I’m pretty sure the only fights she was in where people died were during the car chase and the Christmas Eve attack. In both she’s acting in self defense or protecting others, and she is side by side with her hero. Given her history, her defending herself, and working with Clint, it makes sense that she is excited to finally be a hero instead of being “broken” by the experience.

The LARPers and Jacques were similar in how they jumped into the Christmas Eve fight. Clint inspiring people is a recurring plot in the series.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

She's technically not wrong, but that ''official'' MCU number was kinda dumb, if I'm being honest. It's just too long and impractical to be said out loud, not to mention it probably wouldn't be well memorized by general audiences (sometimes even I copy and paste because I can't remember how many 9s are supposed to be there), so I can see why they didn't go with it. Ultimately, they went with the catchier number and what was, probably in their eyes, an homage to the comics.

To me, I just think that the comics and MCU are separate multiverses, which makes it easier to accept the same numbering. Plus, after what they did to America Chavez, implying she was perhaps unique in the MCU multiverse, it makes sense to keep both separated, 'cause that obviously would not work if that America existed in the same multiverse as comics America. Not to mention other stuff, like when comics decided that all universes would literally end back in 2015's Secret Wars and be merged into a single patched up universe. The MCU was obviously never affected by that, so no matter how much the comics try to make Earth-199999 happen, it's just not feasible from a media standpoint.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 06-04-2022 at 06:04 AM.