Page 466 of 775 FirstFirst ... 366416456462463464465466467468469470476516566 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 6,990 of 11619

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Her first dead body was probably back in 2012 during the invasion. Lots of people around her died , including her dad. We saw the after affect when she starts to train.

Her first dead body in the main story was discovering Armond. Still no quips.

I think we need to remember that Kate lives in a world of alien invasions and 50% of everyone she knew dissolving onto dust for 5 years.

I’m pretty sure the only fights she was in where people died were during the car chase and the Christmas Eve attack. In both she’s acting in self defense or protecting others, and she is side by side with her hero. Given her history, her defending herself, and working with Clint, it makes sense that she is excited to finally be a hero instead of being “broken” by the experience.

The LARPers and Jacques were similar in how they jumped into the Christmas Eve fight. Clint inspiring people is a recurring plot in the series.
    broken was the wrong word. any reaction at all would have been better lol.

idk... does all that trauma as a kid make you "harder" or more prone to PTSD breakdown ya know?

It still isn't believable at all how calm and cool she is reacting. She gets spooked and nervous when a cop calls her on the phone but not when getting shot at in a basement lol

Wait, was she not snapped? Ive only finished ep4 so maybe its mentioned later but I don't remember her stating if she was snapped or not and who was snapped at the time?

Shows still enjoyable its just odd. Wonder if Kamala will be the same
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 06-04-2022 at 06:57 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I remember first thinking about it in IM 1 to be honest.

Yes tony built weapons but... hes a rich trust fund dousche lol. He ain't ever killed anyone. But dude goes on a full on killing spree getting out of the cave and then... never reflects on it. Instead, he makes a better killing machien and goes and does it again lol. Obviously, having him break down would be a boring movie but still lol.

Since then though, off the top of my head.. the only "normal" guy we've gotten is... Ant-Man? And I don't remember him outright killing too many peple. When he killed YJ, he didn't even see it since he was going Quantum.

I did like Dr. Strange killing that person and then going, "yo wtf this is messed up."

Kate is a rich youngin. Her first dead body woulda broke her to an extent. And instead... she quipped. Everytime (so far). I guess they are going for, "she stared down the invasion of NY and didn't flinch and wanted to do that her whole life" as the justification (she built different) but...coulda at least paused at some point to reflect. It is TV... that is when you have plenty of time to do "deep" stuff.
    And Spider-Man, unless he's fighting aliens. Then it's all okay to kill .
    Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Her first dead body was probably back in 2012 during the invasion. Lots of people around her died , including her dad. We saw the after affect when she starts to train.

Her first dead body in the main story was discovering Armond. Still no quips.

I think we need to remember that Kate lives in a world of alien invasions and 50% of everyone she knew dissolving onto dust for 5 years.

I’m pretty sure the only fights she was in where people died were during the car chase and the Christmas Eve attack. In both she’s acting in self defense or protecting others, and she is side by side with her hero. Given her history, her defending herself, and working with Clint, it makes sense that she is excited to finally be a hero instead of being “broken” by the experience.

The LARPers and Jacques were similar in how they jumped into the Christmas Eve fight. Clint inspiring people is a recurring plot in the series.
    I feel like even in self-defense, killing someone would probably massively effect most normal people...or seeing death in general. She's not as battle-hardended or numb to that stuff as Clint was, or at least I wouldn't think she would be.

I guess it explains why she didn't seem to care as much about Clint being Ronin.
    broken was the wrong word. any reaction at all would have been better lol.

idk... does all that trauma as a kid make you "harder" or more prone to PTSD breakdown ya know?

It still isn't believable at all how calm and cool she is reacting. She gets spooked and nervous when a cop calls her on the phone but not when getting shot at in a basement lol

Wait, was she not snapped? Ive only finished ep4 so maybe its mentioned later but I don't remember her stating if she was snapped or not and who was snapped at the time?
    They never mentioned she was snapped.
    Shows still enjoyable its just odd. Wonder if Kamala will be the same
    It's really hard for me to imagine Kamala casually offing people.

They did better with Kate in the last episode.

Hawkeye was weirdly enjoyable all the way through. IDK if it really needed Kingpin and Echo and Yelena at the end to make everything "bigger" but whatever.

It never ever ever ever ever ever took itself too seriously, which made all the odd comic book goofy stuff work at the end. It never pretended to be more than that ever so it never stood out too far.

Maybe it is because I had no expectations at all, but this might have been my second fav show behind MK. That isn't "great" as none of the shows have reached say... how much I enjoy Mandolorian or Witcher (tbf, I am not much of a TV show guy, like movies way more) but this was definitely worth my 6 hours.

MK
    Hawkeye
    Falcon
    WV
    What If
    Loki

for me personally.

Well, last marvel TV show in awhile unless Wifey really wants to watch Shulk. Shulk, Kamala, IH dont exactly tickle my fancy and it feels like Armor Wars is a myth at this point lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Marvel Studios Kevin Feige Almost Jumped Ship to DC to Oversee the SnyderVerse

Extraordinary Member

Is the Doctor Strange 2 Captain Carter the Same one from What If? Writers Addresses Confusion

Extraordinary Member

Ms.Marvel is Cheesy & Fun. So People are Mad at What Stan Lee Said...

Hawkeye was weirdly enjoyable all the way through. IDK if it really needed Kingpin and Echo and Yelena at the end to make everything "bigger" but whatever.

It never ever ever ever ever ever took itself too seriously, which made all the odd comic book goofy stuff work at the end. It never pretended to be more than that ever so it never stood out too far.

Maybe it is because I had no expectations at all, but this might have been my second fav show behind MK. That isn't "great" as none of the shows have reached say... how much I enjoy Mandolorian or Witcher (tbf, I am not much of a TV show guy, like movies way more) but this was definitely worth my 6 hours.

MK
    Hawkeye
    Falcon
    WV
    What If
    Loki

for me personally.

Well, last marvel TV show in awhile unless Wifey really wants to watch Shulk. Shulk, Kamala, IH dont exactly tickle my fancy and it feels like Armor Wars is a myth at this point lol
    I feel like it was fun but that kind of tone made it difficult for them to actually properly tackle the Echo/Ronin stuff so they just kind of dropped it in the end. But I guess whether that matters or not depends on how much you cared about it.

Now that I think about it, will they even have the budget for Armor Wars? Unless we get a lot of scenes of everybody out-of-suit.

MK
    Hawkeye
    Falcon
    WV
    What If
    Loki

for me personally.

I liked Hawkeye more than I thought I would. But I was turned off by how they crammed Kingpin, Echo and Yelena into the show. It made it "too busy" in my opinion. And I felt Duquesne, Kazi and Eleanor Bishop were sort of underutilized as a result. I was actually pretty upset at how Marvel Studios did the whole cameo baiting thing with Kingpin in Hawkeye to be honest. They've been doing a lot of that in Phase Four thus far and I'm REALLY getting weary of it. I'm actually pretty interested in Secret Invasion. And that's mainly because of Samuel L. Jackson. I love his acting style and he makes every project he participates in better. His chemistry with RDJ in earlier MCU movies was FANTASTIC, and I was bummed that after Whedon left they didn't have many scenes together (if any). Don't know too much about the Bendis story itself though.

Was not a big fan of Hawkeye Jeremy Renner's character was not really well served Kate Bishop was decent but could have been done better and considering the actress that plays her I suprised I didn't like her more.....and I don't think characters like Kingpin and Echo were well served on it.....really wish Echo would have been introduced on Netflix DD I feel like it would have served her character so much better in there hands......and Kingpin here was just goofy I had my concerns about the netflix characters making there way over to the Disney Plus stuff and well they were warranted imo.

https://twitter.com/BORReport/status...64379487686661

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness has passed the $900M global mark.

The film grossed an estimated $11.4M internationally this weekend. Estimated international total stands at $520.7M, estimated global total stands at $909.4M.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I liked Hawkeye more than I thought I would. But I was turned off by how they crammed Kingpin, Echo and Yelena into the show. It made it "too busy" in my opinion. And I felt Duquesne, Kazi and Eleanor Bishop were sort of underutilized as a result. I was actually pretty upset at how Marvel Studios did the whole cameo baiting thing with Kingpin in Hawkeye to be honest. They've been doing a lot of that in Phase Four thus far and I'm REALLY getting weary of it. I'm actually pretty interested in Secret Invasion. And that's mainly because of Samuel L. Jackson. I love his acting style and he makes every project he participates in better. His chemistry with RDJ in earlier MCU movies was FANTASTIC, and I was bummed that after Whedon left they didn't have many scenes together (if any). Don't know too much about the Bendis story itself though.
    Yelena was fine-ish. Fit the tone.

Should have had Echo just leave and saved her stuff with Kingpin for later. No real reason he needed to be in the show at the very end. Could had kate just fight Kazi or whatever.

Should have had Echo just leave and saved her stuff with Kingpin for later. No real reason he needed to be in the show at the very end. Could had kate just fight Kazi or whatever.
    That would've been a better adaption of the comics too.

Extraordinary Member

Without Yelena we would have had all the great Kate and Yelena moments. Also considering this is probably Renner's last appearance as Clint I think it was important to have him and Yelena meet.

I think it was okay to give Yelena more screen time (to give proper closure to the death of Natasha), but I agree with you about taking Echo out quickly and maybe introducing Kingpin in a post-credit scene. The whole Kazi/Echo thing was so rushed to me and I think that it's too bad that the performers playing the Swordsman, Kazi and Eleanor Bishop were pretty much wasted. Kate definitely could have tangled with Kazi, and that would have avoided the controversy over her fight with the Kingpin. I still think Marvel Studios is turning Phase Four into the "Cameo Saga" and in the long run it will lose its charm. I'm absolutely convinced Disney inserted Fisk into Hawkeye to arouse interest in that series (and I don't think Kingpin was supposed to be a part of the show originally):

I'm absolutely convinced we'll be seeing more Marvel TV, Marvel Fox and Marvel Sony characters drift into the MCU for "cameo moments" in the next few years. I completely understand that it is necessary to somehow integrate Marvel characters from other studios into the MCU, but the way Disney is doing it is really sloppy. They are almost RELYING on cameos (of characters who are not formally part of the MCU) now to maintain interest in their movies and shows. And I think that's ENTIRELY unnecessary. I have total confidence in Marvel Studios to generate great ideas without depending on things like that. They're really selling themselves short here. And let's be honest, Marvel Studios is introducing WAY too many characters into the MCU as it is. I can't even remember a decent chunk of them from Phase Four, but I somehow was able to remember every major character that was introduced between Iron Man and Far from Home.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That would've been a better adaption of the comics too.
    I don't like comic Hawkbro so I dind't read the comics but it would have made more sense to me

Why would Kingpin get his hands dirty in public like that lol?

Kazi goes after Eleanor, him and Kate fight, Kate sends mom to jail, then end lol.

Makes more since than "Kinpin rips off a door, then throws kate around like a ragdoll instead of breaking her neck, leaves" lol