Page 467 of 775 FirstFirst ... 367417457463464465466467468469470471477517567 ... LastLast
Results 6,991 to 7,005 of 11619

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I don't like comic Hawkbro so I dind't read the comics but it would have made more sense to me

Why would Kingpin get his hands dirty in public like that lol?

Kazi goes after Eleanor, him and Kate fight, Kate sends mom to jail, then end lol.

Makes more since than "Kinpin rips off a door, then throws kate around like a ragdoll instead of breaking her neck, leaves" lol
    And why was he wearing a Hawaiian shirt all the time aside from "he did it in one random Spider-Man GN" ?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Should have had Echo just leave and saved her stuff with Kingpin for later. No real reason he needed to be in the show at the very end. Could had kate just fight Kazi or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That would've been a better adaption of the comics too.
    I disagree with this because Kazi was, ultimately, just another villainous sidekick. He was nowhere near as cool or threatening as he was in the comics. If he had been built as the menace he was in the source material, I could see that, but the show didn't really bother with that, so I'm not sure a Kate/Kazi fight would've felt like it was finale worthy. Beating up Kazi wouldn't have felt different from all the other tracksuit dudes she and Barton beat up throughout the series. Kingpin demonstrated a bigger sense of danger for her, and it was one way to have one of the lead characters defeat the big boss at the end, which is how most Marvel productions tend to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I disagree with this because Kazi was, ultimately, just another villainous sidekick. He was nowhere near as cool or threatening as he was in the comics. If he had been built as the menace he was in the source material, I could see that, but the show didn't really bother with that, so I'm not sure a Kate/Kazi fight would've felt like it was finale worthy. Beating up Kazi wouldn't have felt different from all the other tracksuit dudes she and Barton beat up throughout the series. Kingpin demonstrated a bigger sense of danger for her, and it was one way to have one of the lead characters defeat the big boss at the end, which is how most Marvel productions tend to end.
    I definitely feel like they could've done more with Kazi and made him more comic-accurate, and give someone more on Kate's level than, like, Kingpin (although she really just inconvenienced him).

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I definitely feel like they could've done more with Kazi and made him more comic-accurate, and give someone more on Kate's level than, like, Kingpin (although she really just inconvenienced him).
    Kazi truly was a waste of a good villain. They literally just took the character's civilian name and gave it to some random, unremarkable side character. It's a pity 'cause I remember when the actor was teasing his role for the show, he even posted a picture of himself with clown make up, and like... we didn't get that at all? LOL. If they had at least kept him alive so he could become the Clown in the future, but no, they had to kill him off on a scene that had pretty much no emotional impact because we were not given enough time or development to care about whatever was going on between him and Maya. They did him so dirty. Which is why I'm not concerned about Kingpin; he's going to be fine as long as Marvel wants to keep telling Daredevil-related stories. Kazi pretty much just had this one shot, and they blew it. If anything, he was the biggest disappointment of the show for me.

Extraordinary Member

Deadpool 3 - Disney Has Been “Very Supportive” Of R Rated Writing

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I have no reference for the source material on this one, sorry.

But I don't think this show needed a "big bad" with how it was set up. The Tracksuits in general were fine. Threatening enough (in numbers) to work but crappy enough that an inexperienced kid wouldn't instantly get steamrolled lol

In my head.. give Kazi a bit more screen time, have him talk to someone on the phone but not mention who it is (kingpin), same ish finale except Kazi and like... 5 tracksuit guys roll up on Eleanor instead of Kingpin and have Kate save the day there.

LOL... we went from goofballs, to Echo who was moderately competent (but who clint couldn't killed about 10x), to a dude who rips off doors and survives getting blown up like nothing lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Ms.Marvel Gets Review Bombed as Expected

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Just watched the first episode an I enjoyed the introduction...but I usually judge them as a overall story and not as individual episodes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I mean, this show is an automatic three strikes and your out for incels:

1.) not a dude
    2.) not white
    3.) not a heroine created for the male gaze

Luckily this is just a very small (yet vocal) minority.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I mean, this show is an automatic three strikes and your out for incels:

1.) not a dude
    2.) not white
    3.) not a heroine created for the male gaze

Luckily this is just a very small (yet vocal) minority.
    This basically.

But it is tiring though to see the "vocal minority" constantly whining.

It used to be we don't want any politics in our comics to "we only want white characters in our entertainment". It's just annoying to see.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This basically.

But it is tiring though to see the "vocal minority" constantly whining.

It used to be we don't want any politics in our comics to "we only want white characters in our entertainment". It's just annoying to see.
    I read online somewhere that a poli sci professor said that one constant in all their years teaching at the university level is that often the loudest, most vocal of their students generally held similar beliefs as these.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

it is being review bombed by Indians too

Not just white people this time lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Great Hollywood Reporter Roundtable with a several Marvel actors:

Samuel L. Jackson was hilarious in this interview (all the actors were actually). I loved Jackson's reaction to signing his first MCU Nick Fury contract:

"When I signed that nine picture deal to be Nick Fury, it was like, ‘How long I gotta stay alive to do nine pictures?’ Not knowing they were going to make nine pictures in, like, a year and a half."

Looking forward to Secret Invasion!

Extraordinary Member

it is being review bombed by Indians too

Not just white people this time lol
    If this many people are going out of their way to hate it for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with the story it must be good.

CLASSIC Whedon dialogue in Avengers 2012:

Fury, unlike the Hulk and the Vision, is one of the few characters that made the transition from Whedon to the Russos relatively smoothly in my opinion.