Page 468 of 774 FirstFirst ... 368418458464465466467468469470471472478518568 ... LastLast
Results 7,006 to 7,020 of 11609

Ms. Marvel seems all right as a show, but like Moon Knight I am not a fan of the character. This show has a lot of competition from other streaming shows:

ST: Strange New Worlds
    The Orville Season 3
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    The Boys Season 3
    Evil Season 3

I wonder which of these shows does the best?

Extraordinary Member

Marvel's Long-Rumored Thunderbolts Movie Reportedly Lands Its Director
    Marvel Studios has reportedly chosen a director for the upcoming Thunderbolts film, a project which has long been anticipated but shrouded in mystery.
    https://www.cbr.com/thunderbolts-mov...hreier-marvel/

This is good, Ms Marvel actress Iman Vellani is calling Feige out for his messing with the universe continuities:

“Every time I talk to Kevin, we have this argument where I say, ‘The MCU is not 616,’” she says, referring to the name for the Marvel Universe’s main Earth continuity. “He’s like, ‘It is because I said so.’ I’m like, ‘No, it’s 199999’ [a different Earth continuity previously outlined by Marvel]. He hates it. So, we keep having this argument, and then they put 616 in the movie. I’m like, ‘Kevin, you know it’s not 616.’ He just sends me a sad face. I was like, ‘Great.’”
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

The MCU is a different multiverse from the comics. Boom. Finished. Nothing more to say about it.

Wanda destroyed the Darkhold in every Universe. That should impact the comics if they are in the same multiverse.
    America Chavez is the only one of her kind. Again that is impossible if the comics and MCU would be in the same multiverse.
    Secret Wars is being teased which you know means the destruction of all the universes. Again that should impact the comics if they are in the multiverse.

So can someone really explain what their grievance with that is besides being pendatic?
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    it is being review bombed by Indians too

Not just white people this time lol
    Yeah, but that's a whole different world of problems. Pakistani's and Indians don't get along to say the least. And then you add in all the inter religion conflicts and....yeah, it's a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    This is good, Ms Marvel actress Iman Vellani is calling Feige out for his messing with the universe continuities:

“Every time I talk to Kevin, we have this argument where I say, ‘The MCU is not 616,’” she says, referring to the name for the Marvel Universe’s main Earth continuity. “He’s like, ‘It is because I said so.’ I’m like, ‘No, it’s 199999’ [a different Earth continuity previously outlined by Marvel]. He hates it. So, we keep having this argument, and then they put 616 in the movie. I’m like, ‘Kevin, you know it’s not 616.’ He just sends me a sad face. I was like, ‘Great.’”
    This has to be the funniest feud in the MCU. Just hope Iman doesn't overstep her bounds and end up like Emma Furman or Terrance Howard. The MCU can be very fickle at times.

I'm fine with the MCU Multiverse being it's own thing as opposed to anything directly tied into the comics Multiverse.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post

So can someone really explain what their grievance with that is besides being pendatic?
    nerds being nerds lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    it is being review bombed by Indians too

Not just white people this time lol
    No surprises there given Kamala is of Pakistani descent and the series is getting a theatrical release in Pakistan.

The MCU verse is an analog or corollary to comics 616, so in that sense, Feige seems correct.

But if it really were, then the FF would be first movie

Cap would be discovered after Namor was through FF.

"Civil War" might be warming up now, if MCU followed true 616 story/arcs.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Extraordinary Member

The canon 616 mavel comics universe just like the canon and past canon dc comics universe could never work in live action and cartoons anyway.
    To much history,stories and other things that will not work and you will have to get actors that look exactly like the comics etc...
    The mcu 616 clearly is not same one as the in main 616 in the comics.

So they could call 616 if they want to.
    I had a bit of problem before or if they would go that way before the doctor strange 2 movie,but since i saw the movie and thinking about some more after i have no problem with it anymore.
    Last edited by mace11; 06-10-2022 at 10:27 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Here is some talk about phase 4 so far and some other news.

MCU's Phase 4 is taking 2 long, Inhumans in Captain Marvel 2, & MCU Future

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    This has to be the funniest feud in the MCU. Just hope Iman doesn't overstep her bounds and end up like Emma Furman or Terrance Howard. The MCU can be very fickle at times.
    Well, she isn't pulling any punches, in the same interview she also had a go at Doctor Strange 2 as she seems to be a Black Bolt fan so she went on a rant about how they did him dirty.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Well, she isn't pulling any punches, in the same interview she also had a go at Doctor Strange 2 as she seems to be a Black Bolt fan so she went on a rant about how they did him dirty.
    Every bubble bursts at some point.

She young and new. Everybody gets a slice of humble pie at some point.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

I hope nothing squashes her passion. There's nothing wrong with it. It's not like we all don't have strong opinions about characters and stories.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I love her so much .

Also kind of funny she's a Black Bolt fan even though her characters not an Inhuman in the MCU (so far) .

First episode was a lot of fun. Felt kinda nice getting back to an all-ages MCU, and something my daughter could really get into and enjoy (which she did).

Seems like the rumors that Disney was unhappy with Iman's performance were false, which I think most of us had kind of assumed. I wouldn't call her the best actor in the MCU but I saw nothing at all wrong with her here, and the rest of the cast was decent. Casting itself seems solid too, though the guy playing Bruno doesn't "look" like Bruno to me.

Thought Kamala's daydreaming was really well handled and definitely gave me a Spider-Verse vibe, which is good.

*Hate* the powers. Was hoping the show would turn me around on it, but one episode deep I still think it's a poor idea that doesn't jive with the very character-centric reasons for the Embiggen powerset. Obviously we're just one episode in so maybe they'll make a believer out of me, but I don't think it's gonna happen. But otherwise? It was a fun introduction to the characters and I find myself really wanting Avengercon to be a real thing, just to hear the stories that would come out of it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.