Page 470 of 775 FirstFirst ... 370420460466467468469470471472473474480520570 ... LastLast
Results 7,036 to 7,050 of 11617
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Honestly, yeah. That's the pitch that makes Wonder Man stand out the most, other than the Vision connection, which it's too late to explore now. Much like She-Hulk will offer a brand new look at superheroes through the eyes of the law, I'm fully expecting this show to focus on superheroes through the eyes of Hollywood. Something like Simon getting cast to play a superhero, and then actually getting powers in the process and having to deal with it. It's a very entertaining concept, with the potential for a lot of meta jokes. Also, we could get WCA out of this, which would be fun.
    If they're going to start off with the Hollywood angle and make it a comedy, then they should have both Simon and Eric Williams as aspiring actors ("The Williams brothers! We're like the next Hemsworths waiting to happen"). But then Simon is in an accident that gives him powers and his career takes off because he's got the perfect angle. But Eric's luck in Hollywood keeps getting worse and worse. Few roles and the ones he does get are degrading. And Simon isn't that sensitive about it, because he's caught up in all this superstar superhero stuff. So, Eric's resentment grows and his sanity starts to chip away until . . .

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Has everyone forgotten Carol and Wonder Manmain-qimg-fa49a093425d4895fc347982ba993c4d-mzj.jpg

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

If they include Eric Williams you know there'll be a segment of the fandom who will try their best to link him to the Grim Reaper helmet in the intro for WandaVision episode 2. Although nothing came out of the Bova Milk ad either.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I wonder if they'll keep Simon having embezzled money.

Extraordinary Member

BREAKING Black Panther Wakanda Forever Advertising Hits Theaters

Extraordinary Member

Marvel's Ironheart Show Adds To Cast & Begins Filming
    Marvel's new Disney+ series Ironheart adds several members to its already impressive cast and officially begins the filming process.
    https://screenrant.com/marvel-ironhe...ilming-begins/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they'll keep Simon having embezzled money.
    If they do, they can use it as part of the whole Hollywood thing like "SCANDAL FROM SIMON WILLIAMS' PAST REVEALED!"

Ms. Marvel Suffers Poor Viewership vs. Other MCU Disney+ Shows
    https://thedirect.com/article/ms-mar...u-disney-shows

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    No surprise there. The CW childish trailers turned off a lot if people. Plus Captain Marvel is barely established in MCU and there is no A listers like other Marvel projects

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    It is to be expected as it seems they are targeting a more niche audience with the character but...

WandaVision: 1.6 Million

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier: 1.8 Million

Loki: 2.5 Million

What If..?: 281k (first-day audiences)

Hawkeye: 1.5 Million

Moon Knight: 1.8 Million
    Ouch... 775K is ROUGH.

I still don't understand why they released this show the same time as Obi-Won though. Why are they competing with themselves?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Niffleheim

there are a lot of factors contributing to the lower debut viewership but the biggest is sharing release date with an episode of Kenobi, the show skews younger and I'm not American so I don't know if her religion plays a part but whatever the reason is it is still is a solid show. It has told a better character story than most shows on Disney+ (except for The Mandalorian)

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It is to be expected as it seems they are targeting a more niche audience with the character but...

Ouch... 775K is ROUGH.

I still don't understand why they released this show the same time as Obi-Won though. Why are they competing with themselves?
    prevent subscribers from unsubscribing at the end of star wars shows (because that's what i do after every finale of a star war show lol)
    Last edited by Tofali; 06-18-2022 at 08:30 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I guess that makes sense, it just feels weird to have them both on the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    there are a lot of factors contributing to the lower debut viewership but the biggest is sharing release date with Kenobi, the show skews younger and I'm not American so I don't know if her religion plays part but whatever the reason is it is still is a solid show.
    I think the target demo being younger has definitely played a part. I watch the show with my daughter (and would whether I had kids or not since I love Kamala), but several of my co-workers who are hardcore MCU/comic fans are either skipping the show entirely or waiting to watch it until the weekend. They don't have kids and the vibe of the show just doesn't do it for them, and Kamala doesn't have the name-draw of Peter Parker to overcome their adult sensibilities.

Kamala's religion probably plays a role too, on some level. I don't know if it's a *major* player though. I feel like the assholes who would skip Ms. Marvel because she's Muslim are the same people who already stopped supporting the MCU when it stopped focusing solely on straight white men. But I figure if Marvel is pissing off the bigots they must be doing something right, and if that results in lower viewership that's a badge of honor Marvel should display proudly.

prevent subscribers from unsubscribing at the end of star wars shows (because that's what i do at every finale of a star war show lol)
    Pretty much. I dunno if I'd call it "competition" per se, as inter-company competition is a very particularly defined thing and I dunno if it applies in this case, but I'm sure Disney sees a drop in subs every time a show wraps up, so overlapping shows makes sense; you can't drop your sub when Kenobi ends if you're also watching Ms. Marvel.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

if its the keep subscribers they coulda had them run back to back or have the mix one week

having htem compete for half a season is odd, i don't remember them doing that before

and yeah, im not watching because i don't have much interest in HS type stories personally. Just not my thing. I'm too behidn on other stuff anyway
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Samuel L Jackson Slams Directors hating Marvel Films for Promotion

Ninth Shinigami quote-

Tbf, Scorsese is wrong with saying MCU movies aren’t cinema. All movies are cinema, and all cinema and movies are art. Art always evolves it did thru the historical eras. The MCU films are simply an evolution in the art form.
    Last edited by mace11; 06-18-2022 at 05:22 PM.