Page 478 of 774 FirstFirst ... 378428468474475476477478479480481482488528578 ... LastLast
Results 7,156 to 7,170 of 11604

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    She does look like Mabel Cadena, the actress that was reported as Namora last year. If she was some random pure-blood atlantean I wouldn't mind, but as Namora... yeah, I'm not a fan. They should've put the energy they put into Namor into her as well. I'm assuming she won't be half-human like he is, maybe in an attempt to make him more unique in the film?

It makes me wonder how Namorita will look like in the MCU, assuming they'll ever use her.
    I wonder if they thought Namora's comic costume was too revealing, then again seems like a bit of a double-standard when they went so comic-accurate with Namor down to trunks...although the MCU has always seemed more comfortable showing off the males as of late .
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I am going to go see it but....

This is exactly what I was afraid of. (and I love Thor III)

This is gonna be GoG2 all over again. Waititi got too much freedom for the sequel.
    Sounds about what I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they thought Namora's comic costume was too revealing, then again seems like a bit of a double-standard when they went so comic-accurate with Namor down to trunks...although the MCU has always seemed more comfortable showing off the males as of late .

Sounds about what I expected.
    There are probably some stories, even Thor stories, that lend itself to the excessive humor.

But Gorr really isn't that story.

I'm gonna have to really just go in and be like "this isn't the comics, this isn't the comics, this isn't the comics" lol

such a shame, Gorr story is already cinematic... coulda copied the damn thing and it would have worked beautifully. It is already short and has a concise beginning, middle, end.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

There are probably some stories, even Thor stories, that lend itself to the excessive humor.

But Gorr really isn't that story.

I'm gonna have to really just go in and be like "this isn't the comics, this isn't the comics, this isn't the comics" lol

such a shame, Gorr story is already cinematic... coulda copied the damn thing and it would have worked beautifully. It is already short and has a concise beginning, middle, end.
    I've seen them try to paint Gorr as more complex in the movie but I'm wondering how well that's going to come across.

Like, it's really weird that they'd take a movie about a guy being a serial killer with Gods and turn that into a big comedy. It's like if The Batman had Batman and Gordon spouting constant quips while investigating Riddler despite all the gruesome murders going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've seen them try to paint Gorr as more complex in the movie but I'm wondering how well that's going to come across.

Like, it's really weird that they'd take a movie about a guy being a serial killer with Gods and turn that into a big comedy. It's like if The Batman had Batman and Gordon spouting constant quips while investigating Riddler despite all the gruesome murders going on.
    I'm just going to assume he isn't going to Butcher anyone.

Talk about what he did off screen, show a 1-2 dead gods we've never heard of, have him be creepy, insert the sad story about his family, the end.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I am going to go see it but....

This is exactly what I was afraid of. (and I love Thor III)

This is gonna be GoG2 all over again. Waititi got too much freedom for the sequel.

That's how I felt about Ragnarok. Nothing was allowed to breath or be taken seriously. That and they turned Thor into a loveable idiot. Which is a shame since Hemsworth really nails what Thor should look and sound like.

This review has some spoilers

https://comicbookmovie.com/thor/thor...enture-a194636

The reason I am posting it is because they focus on the fact that it is THOR's movie. Not gorr, valkryie, or jane.

Niffleheim

I'm definitely seeing it more than once

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    This felt completely like a Waititi movie and I don't know how I'll feel about it since I'm lukewarm to most of his filmography. I hope he'll surprise me but I have a feeling everything I liked about Ragnarok had more to do with the previous script writers and his direction when now it is mostly Taika's sole vision..
    So, Thor Love and Thunder movie reviews is proving my initial feelings about the trailer
    Last edited by Tofali; 07-05-2022 at 02:57 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    That's how I felt about Ragnarok. Nothing was allowed to breath or be taken seriously. That and they turned Thor into a loveable idiot. Which is a shame since Hemsworth really nails what Thor should look and sound like.
    Ok I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggled with Ragnarok. Don't get me wrong it rejuvenated the Thor franchise and really played to Hemsworth's strengths, but I couldn't help but think, "Why are we telling 10 jokes a minute in-between scenes of Hela brutally murdering Asgardians?" The tonal whiplash was a lot for me.

The vague trailers telegraphed that this movie was light on plot and that Marvel had low confidence in the story they set out to tell.

Astonishing Member

With 124 reviews so far it's looking like Thor will end up lower than Doctor Strange MoM. It will be interesting to see if it's a big turn off for the general audience.

Extraordinary Member

Here is some talk today about Thor Love And Thunder Reviews and RT score.

Thor Love And Thunder Review

Extraordinary Member

X-Men: Russo Brothers Express Interest In Directing Mutants MCU Entrance

This review has some spoilers

https://comicbookmovie.com/thor/thor...enture-a194636

The reason I am posting it is because they focus on the fact that it is THOR's movie. Not gorr, valkryie, or jane.
    "along with plenty of Jane's trademark goofiness, which makes her transition into the Mighty Thor exceedingly easy to love" - Is Jane Foster known for being goofy...?

spoilers:
    They talk about her comic-accurate arc so I'm guessing she still has cancer and that's going to be one of the big, poignant, reveals about the movie.

Also the mid-credit scene...Hercules and Ares, maybe?
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Ok I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggled with Ragnarok. Don't get me wrong it rejuvenated the Thor franchise and really played to Hemsworth's strengths, but I couldn't help but think, "Why are we telling 10 jokes a minute in-between scenes of Hela brutally murdering Asgardians?" The tonal whiplash was a lot for me.
    They literally joked about a destruction of the planet. There was nothing they would not do to deflate tension .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    With 124 reviews so far it's looking like Thor will end up lower than Doctor Strange MoM. It will be interesting to see if it's a big turn off for the general audience.
    I'm not known for great predictions, but I think this will be more of a crowd pleaser than Multiverse of Madness was. That movie was deliberately divisive, while the reviews for this movie make it sound like it's goofy but not really out to get people mad at how the characters are treated.

I guess we'll see how the audience scores go, but MoM had people saying "this doesn't feel like Doctor Strange's movie" and the reviews seem to be saying that that isn't as much of a problem with Thor.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I'm not known for great predictions, but I think this will be more of a crowd pleaser than Multiverse of Madness was. That movie was deliberately divisive, while the reviews for this movie make it sound like it's goofy but not really out to get people mad at how the characters are treated.
    You are right. MoM was too divisive. Too much of a downer in tone and what they did to the SW angered some of the audience I imagine. The audience score should be higher for Thor.