Page 481 of 776 FirstFirst ... 381431471477478479480481482483484485491531581 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,215 of 11632
    Astonishing Member

I know how "Thor: Love and Thunder" ended, but I truly hope Jane Foster's Thor can return in a future movie. I would LOVE to see Jane's Thor and She-Hulk working together, and prove that there are species where, undoubtedly, the female is superior to the male.

Extraordinary Member

Thor: Love & Thunder earns B+ Cinemascore. - Reddit
    ThunderBird847 2 hours ago quote
    Source - https://twitter.com/CinemaScore/stat...OsP2MHpgA&s=19
    Check out the comments below.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi...b_cinemascore/

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    ThunderBird847 2 hours ago quote
    Source - https://twitter.com/CinemaScore/stat...OsP2MHpgA&s=19
    Check out the comments below.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi...b_cinemascore/

Context...

The only under A- Cinemascore the MCU has had prior to 2021 was Thor 1 (B+).

Now 3 of their last 4 releases have been in B range: Thor (B+), Doctor Strange (B+), and Eternals (B)

I can see Eterals and DS because at surface level, they were kinda advertised as "different" than other MCU movies (eternals oscar bait and DS as "horror ish")

But Thor4 is straight up MCU type stuff on the backs of a well liked previous movie in Ragnorak.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Phase 4 definitely seems more critically mixed compared to past Phases (even when they would have a clunker or two) outside maybe NWH and Shang-Chi.

I'm curious if it'll effect the box office at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I know how "Thor: Love and Thunder" ended, but I truly hope Jane Foster's Thor can return in a future movie. I would LOVE to see Jane's Thor and She-Hulk working together, and prove that there are species where, undoubtedly, the female is superior to the male.
    This basically sounds like the ethos of Jason Aaron's writing for Jane .

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Ha ha. I hope you have a good time with your family (Unless they don't come with you. I heard that your old lady has checked out of the MCU at this point). If you notice people playing on their smart devices during the film that would be a VERY bad sign. I don't think walkouts will happen because Thor 4 is pretty short. But yeah, I'm curious to hear what you have to say about the crowd reaction to the picture.
    I went by myself. (fam is out of town lol)

I need to see it again.

First emotion is definitely disappointment though.

Some of the decisions were... baffling. In a 2 hour movie I just don't understand why they did certain things.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Phase 4 definitely seems more critically mixed compared to past Phases (even when they would have a clunker or two) outside maybe NWH and Shang-Chi.

This basically sounds like the ethos of Jason Aaron's writing for Jane .
    It is underperforming yes.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

I just watched a spoiler review and am going to wait for Thor to come out on Disney Plus. It's a sarcastic comedy that doesn't have anything essential that's going to push the MCU story forward in any special way.

I'm more excited for Secret Invasion because it implies the ball moving forward. I've seen enough of Thor to get who he is, etc. I usually just jump to the end credit scenes in the solo movies to see what's going to happen next.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I went by myself. (fam is out of town lol)

I need to see it again.

First emotion is definitely disappointment though.

Some of the decisions were... baffling. In a 2 hour movie I just don't understand why they did certain things.
    I'm not surprised. I thought it would be impossible to top Ragnarok and part of me wish they didn't try. I don't think any MCU characters should have more than three movies to headline in (that isn't Spider-Man). I don't know what Marvel Studios is gonna do with characters like Thor and Loki moving forward. I really like them, but I feel there's not much more Hemsworth and Hiddleston can do with these characters now. I'm sorry that you were disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I just watched a spoiler review and am going to wait for Thor to come out on Disney Plus. It's a sarcastic comedy that doesn't have anything essential that's going to push the MCU story forward in any special way.

I'm more excited for Secret Invasion because it implies the ball moving forward. I've seen enough of Thor to get who he is, etc. I usually just jump to the end credit scenes in the solo movies to see what's going to happen next.
    Yeah, I'm really looking forward to Secret Invasion myself. I love me some Sam Jackson (Nick Fury). In terms of movies, I guess the third Guardians movie is as close to a sure thing to be a success for Marvel in the next year or so. Black Panther 2 looks dicey to me, and I think movie fans who haven't seen the Disney Plus stuff will be confused by Ant-Man 3 and Captain Marvel 2 because many characters in the latter two films were introduced on television first. And if Thor 4 ends up performing poorly, I think it could actually hurt She-Hulk's reception as well. It's a definite possibility that Mission Impossible 7 will perform better than the Marvel movies coming out next year as well. Sigh.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 07-09-2022 at 10:00 AM.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

There is no uniformity in visuals or vision of where the story is going. I blame all on the auteur directors lol! I don't care how ppl take my comment. The only movie that felt MCU in the whole of phase 4 was Shang-Chi. Black Widow, Eternal and MoM felt like I don't want to watch this again lol and i have never felt like that about a Marvel Studios movie even when I loved Eternals. I expect Love and Thunder to be the same too but we'll see.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I'm not surprised. I thought it would be impossible to top Ragnarok and part of me wish they didn't try. I don't think any MCU characters should have more than three movies to headline in (that isn't Spider-Man). I don't know what Marvel Studios is gonna do with characters like Thor and Loki moving forward. I really like them, but I feel there's not much more Hemsworth and Hiddleston can do with these characters now. I'm sorry that you were disappointed.
    That’s actually not the feeling I left the theater with at all. If anything I was like… they could have split this up into two movies to do both Gorr and Jane justice. I didn’t leave the theater tired of Thor and found myself thinking that both Iron Man and Cap could have probably rocked 4th movies. My main problems with the film are that it couldn’t commit to a plot or a tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    That’s actually not the feeling I left the theater with at all. If anything I was like… they could have split this up into two movies to do both Gorr and Jane justice. I didn’t leave the theater tired of Thor and found myself thinking that both Iron Man and Cap could have probably rocked 4th movies. My main problems with the film are that it couldn’t commit to a plot or a tone.
    But if they "wrapped up" the Jane and Gorr storylines in Thor 4, where does Thor go from here? The MCU just keeps cramming multiple storylines into these movies so they can set up the "next big thing". I think more movies for characters would be fine if they focus on less in each film. NWH didn't have to happen so quickly after FFH. Do a secret identity story in one movie and then follow up with a multiverse one. I think a movie each for Jane and Gorr would be fine, but Hemsworth, Portman and Bale are not getting any younger. And more movies mean more continuity to follow. I imagine Thor 4 probably had to spend a lot of time explaining where the hell Jane has been for the past nine years before getting to the main story. Maybe less movies focusing on fewer characters would work better. Then do a team-up film later or whatever. I'm okay with IM and CA getting the movies that they got. No new IM films will surpass that first one and no new CA pictures can compared favourably with his second one. And no new Thor movie will ever match the third one. And RDJ and Evans seemed pretty exhausted by the end of their tenures anyway.

Extraordinary Member

Thor Love & Thunder Huge Friday Box Office Numbers Shock Everyone

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to Secret Invasion myself. I love me some Sam Jackson (Nick Fury). In terms of movies, I guess the third Guardians movie is as close to a sure thing to be a success for Marvel in the next year or so. Black Panther 2 looks dicey to me, and I think movie fans who haven't seen the Disney Plus stuff will be confused by Ant-Man 3 and Captain Marvel 2 because many characters in the latter two films were introduced on television first. And if Thor 4 ends up performing poorly, I think it could actually hurt She-Hulk's reception as well. It's a definite possibility that Mission Impossible 7 will perform better than the Marvel movies coming out next year as well. Sigh.
    If Namor is indeed in Black Panther 2, it will get more attention (more than it already has). I think at this point origin movies and solo movies are harder to sit through because the MCU has mixed characters so well that it feels unnecessary to have just one "main" character. I remember Feige saying something along the lines of "Disney Plus will introduce characters and they'll meet in the movies." The Eternals was impossible to do on Disney Plus.

I liked Wanda in MoM and that they did things that you wouldn't be able to get from a show at home, and I think Black Panther, Ant-Man, and The Marvels will hopefully do that. We'll see how well Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk & Moon Knight segue into the big screen stories. Hopefully they have more synergy than WandaVision, but the difference is that Wanda was an established character and that show wasn't an origin story per se, although it showed us the origin of her true power so they didn't have to waste time in a movie doing it.

One if the best "solo" movies was Civil War. I think Minions is blowing everyone out of the water, but for its reasons. I want SJ's Nick Fury with the Agents of Shield. They're already bringing in Daredevil for Echo apparently. The more they add characters we dedicated time watching for years, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    To be honest I just don't think Waititi was the right choice for a Gorr movie, at least under the restrictions of the MCU and the expectation that the movie would have so much comedy compared to the comic Gorr storyline.