Page 505 of 775 FirstFirst ... 5405455495501502503504505506507508509515555605 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,575 of 11620

I know there is a lot of apprehension about BP2 on these boards for understandable reasons but that teaser has to be one of the most beautifully shot piece of cinema I've ever seen.

The close up of the Dora Milage draped in white, the shot of Shuri crying whilst bathed in yellow light, Nakia standing before the ocean, the Dora leaping into battle against the Atlanteans and of course our first look at the Midnight Angels, they were all so gorgeous and well done. Then you got Angela Basset's emotional voice that's at the heart of the teaser. I have a feeling she's going to be the MVP of this movie.

Then there are all those shots of Namor. I wasn't sure what to make of all the changes when I first heard about it. But seeing the trailer and that shot of him rising out of the ocean and the close up of his eyes, yeah, that's Namor alright. What's notable is that despite most of this being CG from the shot of Namor's birth, his ocean throne, the scene where they are riding the whale, I didn't notice any obvious green screen from the scenes presented thus far. It all felt so believable and immersive. And unlike Taika Waititi, you know Coogler isn't going to undercut any emotional moment with a stupid gag.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I know there is a lot of apprehension about BP2 on these boards for understandable reasons but that teaser has to be one of the most beautifully shot piece of cinema I've ever seen.

The close up of the Dora Milage draped in white, the shot of Shuri crying whilst bathed in yellow light, Nakia standing before the ocean, the Dora leaping into battle against the Atlanteans and of course our first look at the Midnight Angels, they were all so gorgeous and well done. Then you got Angela Basset's emotional voice that's at the heart of the teaser. I have a feeling she's going to be the MVP of this movie.

Then there are all those shots of Namor. I wasn't sure what to make of all the changes when I first heard about it. But seeing the trailer and that shot of him rising out of the ocean and the close up of his eyes, yeah, that's Namor alright. What's notable is that despite most of this being CG from the shot of Namor's birth, his ocean throne, the scene where they are riding the whale, I didn't notice any obvious green screen from the scenes presented thus far. It all felt so believable and immersive. And unlike Taika Waititi, you know Coogler isn't going to undercut any emotional moment with a stupid gag.
    I think why it looks so good is because it looks like it was actually shot on real sets unlike the last 4-5 Marvel movies.

Doc Strange, Spidey, Thor all look like they were shot in a closet. BP2 looks like a film, even the first Black Panther looked so much better then the other Marvel movies (save for the final fight).

Yeah, the use of natural light which is what Chloe Zhao was going for in Eternals but it's done so much better here.

Some of the underwater shots would have been impossible to film without CGI. I bet they shot those Namor scenes early and gave the VFX artists more time to get it done right. Hence why Namor's involvement leaked so early.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

It has been confirmed that Atlantis is now called Talocan.
    There will be no X-Men movies before 2026.
    Spider-Man 4 will be released in 2024-2025.

Spider-man has to be released something crazy like every 2-3 years right? Due to the sony contract?

Tom about to get PAID
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    It has been confirmed that Atlantis is now called Talocan.
    There will be no X-Men movies before 2026.
    Spider-Man 4 will be released in 2024-2025.
    Where is this all from? I only saw the X-Men thing and it was false.

D+ might have to have a special where they succinctly "explain the multiverse and Kang" in one 30 minute show before the Avengers movies.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Very true.

My views on BP 2 are pretty fixed at this point but that trailer was beautiful.

The cinematography, imagery, and symbolism on it are on point. All the shots with Namor (especially him descending into that Megalodon throne) were goosebumps-inducing.

As someone else pointed out, the movie looks like it was shot on digital and film. I'm sure that's not the case but that's how it looks. Coogler for a lack of a better term is the "last serious filmmaker" in the MCU (i.e one that has proved himself in the superhero field and outside the superhero field) and his style is going to be very distinct and probably quite different than other Phase 4 movies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Spider-man has to be released something crazy like every 2-3 years right? Due to the sony contract?

Tom about to get PAID
    There was a five year gap between Spider-Man 3 and The Amazing Spider-Man. There may have been renegotiation between Sony and Marvel to shorten that since then. But the most likely reason is that Sony wants that Spider-Man money as often as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Where is this all from? I only saw the X-Men thing and it was false.
    Looked it up and can only find this https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi...il_after_2025/
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Wakanda Forever is going to live or die based on Cooglers' direction, the handling of the story, and the talent of the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wakanda Forever is going to live or die based on Cooglers' direction, the handling of the story, and the talent of the cast.
    I think it lives or dies (financially) on how longer the "chadwick honoring" lasts.

I don't think people go to comic book movies to be depressed and sad to be honest.

But if the trailer was "most" of it, and the movie is heavy on the War instead, people might be able to look past it. Other MCU movies have had sad moments, they just don't last terribly long.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Looked it up and can only find this https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi...il_after_2025/
    Okay, so it's all over the place. They can have mutants and the X-Men, but can only use the same actors for their assigned roles until phase 6. There are hundreds of mutant characters and several teams, so it's not like they actually have any road blocks. They already used two actors from the Fox-Men.

They're going to have to gender/race bend a lot of characters for the MCU, so they might hold out on some characters, but I could see them making deals IF this is even true.

Niffleheim

If they bring every iteration of every Marvel character that has been featured in a movie to be killed (or not) by Kang so that there can be a rebirth and new castings after the Multiverse Saga then I'll be impressed.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    If they bring every iteration of every Marvel character that has been featured in a movie to be killed (or not) by Kang so that there can be a rebirth and new castings after the Multiverse Saga then I'll be impressed.
    I think fans really have to manage their expectations here...

look how different the IG saga was movie vs comics.

This is going to be really "dumbed down" or streamlined for lack of a better phrase.