Page 506 of 775 FirstFirst ... 6406456496502503504505506507508509510516556606 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,590 of 11619
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think fans really have to manage their expectations here...

look how different the IG saga was movie vs comics.

This is going to be really "dumbed down" or streamlined for lack of a better phrase.
    MoS why are you doing this to me? lol! I can't control how far my imagination will fly from now and until The Kang Dynasty drops. By the time it's here I'm sure I'm going to be disappointed with the movie
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

How connected do you guys think Secret Wars and Kang Dynasty will be? Will one lead into the other or will it be two different stories. I wonder how much of a role Doom will have in SW.

Spider-man has to be released something crazy like every 2-3 years right? Due to the sony contract?

Tom about to get PAID
    Yes, they have to make a Spider-Man movie every x amount of years. This is how we lost Spectacular and got the Garfield movies. Sony didn't want to let go of the movies so they offered the animation rights which got Spectacular canned. I've heard that Tom has one more team up movie left in his contract and they're going to have to re negotiate for the new trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Very true.

My views on BP 2 are pretty fixed at this point but that trailer was beautiful.

The cinematography, imagery, and symbolism on it are on point. All the shots with Namor (especially him descending into that Megalodon throne) were goosebumps-inducing.

As someone else pointed out, the movie looks like it was shot on digital and film. I'm sure that's not the case but that's how it looks. Coogler for a lack of a better term is the "last serious filmmaker" in the MCU (i.e one that has proved himself in the superhero field and outside the superhero field) and his style is going to be very distinct and probably quite different than other Phase 4 movies.
    Yeah, I'm glad he is staying on the MCU for other projects. He's one of the best directors Marvel has hired.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    How connected do you guys think Secret Wars and Kang Dynasty will be? Will one lead into the other or will it be two different stories. I wonder how much of a role Doom will have in SW.
    I think it will be connected. I wouldn't be surprised the Secret in Secret Wars will include the Secret Invasion of the Skrulls story until the end of the Multiverse Saga
    Last edited by Tofali; 07-26-2022 at 10:12 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I think it lives or dies (financially) on how longer the "chadwick honoring" lasts.

I don't think people go to comic book movies to be depressed and sad to be honest.

But if the trailer was "most" of it, and the movie is heavy on the War instead, people might be able to look past it. Other MCU movies have had sad moments, they just don't last terribly long.
    I'm honestly okay with this movie being more on the somber side. After Chadwick passed I knew I'd be feeling heavy during this movie regardless of whether they recast or not. I'd rather they address it head on and get some catharsis then have them go back to the regular Marvel tone, but that's just me.

The Batman isn't a feel good comic book movie in the least and I thoroughly enjoyed it, so they can make an action filled and entertaining movie that leans into a different tone.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I think it will be connected. I wouldn't be surprised the Secret in Secret Wars will include the Secret Invasion of the Skrulls story until the end of the Multiverse Saga
    They initiated Secret Wars and the Kang Dynasty in Loki last year. So I can definitely see a show from next year being part of the main story. However, Secret Invasion seems so weird to put in now, surrounded by all these other things and not with more characters. And it's a show, when it should be more in line with Captain America Civil War in scope and size. Like, it can't start and end in that one mini-Disney Plus show.

Niffleheim

If Secret Invasion ends with the series it will be a waste. The Cabal need to come from somewhere - Namor, the Skrulls, the Kree and maybe Doom already are on the board.

Niffleheim

Destin Daniel Cretton to direct AVENGERS: THE KANG DYNASTY

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ve-1235186348/

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I think the Avengers' war with the Kang variants will directly lead into Secret Wars somehow.

Great to read! Cretton can balance both action and dramatic scenes fairly well. He's got a lot on his plate already. I think he's also doing an adaptation of American Born Chinese and the Disney Plus Wonder Man series.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Niffleheim

Maybe he'll sneak in Wonder Man in to an Avengers movie if the show is slated for phase 6

I posted this on the Thunderbolts thread, but it may be relevant here…
    I’m fully expecting them to go the Dark Avengers route with Thunderbolts.
    Yelena, USAgent, Abomination and Ghost all have one thing in common: they’d be pretty natural stand-ins for the original MCU Avengers team.
    If I’m right, I think we can expect Ares or Sentry in Thor’s role, plus maybe Moonstone and Songbird as Captain Marvel and Wanda.

I think it will be Hercules in Thor's role in the Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers. He will end up defecting once he realizes the kind of people he is actually working for.

I expect Thunderbolts would be the 'Civil War' of the Multiverse Saga. Carol, Sam, Jennifer, et al will be discredited in the eyes of the public and the Dark Avengers will end up taking their place.

Daniel Destin Cretton is a good choice for Kang Dynasty, imo. Especially if they chose to focus on the Kang/Marcus relationship. The question is whose writing it? The same writers as Shang Chi? Please don't let it be Michael Waldron. Loki was good but I lost faith in him with MoM and I don't see him listed for Loki S2.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Niffleheim

I didn't lose faith in Waldron except for his stories lacking entertainment. He needs a co-writer.
    Last edited by Tofali; 07-26-2022 at 02:27 PM.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

If this is called "The Multiverse Saga", what other movies are going to involve multiverse shenanigans/adventures? Loki 2, Quantumania, and Fantastic Four? Are the others just going to include end credit scenes to tie into the main event?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

the action gonna be hella good.

he can do nice wide action shots and has a unique style that bus fight in Shang-Chi might be the best fight scene in the MCU