Page 509 of 775 FirstFirst ... 9409459499505506507508509510511512513519559609 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,635 of 11621
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They shouldn't bend anyone.

White people are friends with other white people groups all the time (as are other races) lol

I don't know any minorities clamoring for the F4 to be racially inclusive.
    I mean, they're going to do it. They already did it in their last movie and it wasn't a big deal. Well, actually...

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    the newest thing says producers, not actors, being stuck on the movies long term.

aka they would have to be credited and paid if they make new xmen movies
    Can you link me to the source?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Ok. I mean Sue and Johnny were brother and sister in the last movie, so it's definitely possible. I wonder who they will bend. I don't think they'll get the same push back that they got from Johnny, but social media is pretty terrible still.
    I wonder what are the odds of making either Johnny or Ben gay or bi instead of race bending. Disney has become more open-minded.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I wonder what are the odds of making either Johnny or Ben gay or bi instead of race bending. Disney has become more open-minded.
    They did both with Makkari and Phastos in the Eternals. They could pretty much do it again. I have a feeling that the X-Men are going to be updated too.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

The X-men don't really need to race or gender bend anyone for diversity. An initial line up picking 6 or 7 out of, say, Cyclops, Storm, Beast, Iceman, Emma, Jean Grey, Bishop, Jubilee, Kitty, Rogue and Nightcrawler would only have the first as a straight while male, and would have classic characters enough for no one to feel forced or out of place.

Well, when you think about it, nothing else has worked with all of the previous FF movies, including even getting a theatrical release (Corman's in the '90s)

So they might as well, you know, stick with the actual comic source material - this time.

Let's not try to make Victor

a nice guy, sorta, who rivaled Reed for

the beautiful blond, but weird blue-eyed Sue

Or any of the other. It didn't work, or caused the most worthless controversies.

I've said it here or elsewhere, such a vast time, 1000 years at least, means it doesn't matter who, how or why
    the family line had more diversity in it's genes
    Kang is black.

But it is perfect. As good as Michael Duncan being the Kingpin in that DareDevil movie.
    I think it adds to the story to show that, that thousand(s) of years are nothing to a Time Master.
    Someone's youtube video rumors suggest that through the FF, and Avengers movies in '24 and '25, we'll possibly see more about Doom and Kang, possible connections or of course

the very old nugget that they could be related. Not sure. DeFalco even hinted at Doom/Richards connections.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The T-Bolts dealing with the Multiverse would be kind of random. I guess fighting some kind of evil Avengers or JL equivalent would fit their identity of being Avengers stand-ins, but I dunno...
    I'm not terribly well versed with the 'Bolts, but yeah as far as I know fighting multiverse foes isn't in their regular wheelhouse. And I won't be surprised if they don't go that route in favor of something a little more grounded and "normal" for the franchise.

However, it doesn't seem like a terribly impossible thing to me either. There's not a ton of films on the docket that scream "this'll be about the multiverse and/or Kang!" but Marvel will certainly keep working this keystone element in the saga. Well, the 'Bolts don't really have a clear and true archnemesis to battle....so why not have some invaders from another earth show up?

Maybe this will just be the "Civil War" of the phase, with some of the 'Bolts wanting to go legit and some still wanting to be crooks, and they'll just fight among themselves. Or who knows what they'll do? But it doesn't seem wildly implausible to me that we might see the Squadron Supreme or some other multiversal threat come to the 616 looking to stir up trouble.

Is there a major story with the 'Bolts they could possibly adapt? Other than the original one with "Citizen V," which doesn't seem like it'd really fit within the MCU?

As for racebending the FF, I don't really care either way. I expect to see a diverse lineup with a ensemble group like the Avengers, but with the FF it doesn't seem as pertinent. Plenty of families are biracial (including my own) but plenty of families aren't. Besides, if Disney really wants to make sure they hit the diversity button in every film (not a unworthy goal) they could showcase Ben being Jewish and do more with that than a single quick scene of (mostly) empty lip service, like Moon Knight got.
    Last edited by Ascended; 07-27-2022 at 01:57 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The X-men don't really need to race or gender bend anyone for diversity. An initial line up picking 6 or 7 out of, say, Cyclops, Storm, Beast, Iceman, Emma, Jean Grey, Bishop, Jubilee, Kitty, Rogue and Nightcrawler would only have the first as a straight while male, and would have classic characters enough for no one to feel forced or out of place.
    LOL. The X-Men need to be updated. Deadpool 2 changing Domino was a preview. They're probably gonna get an Eternals type facelift.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I'm 100 percent sure Cyclops will be black.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Just to tangent away from this weirdo discussion, what's going on with Deadpool 3? Keven Feige is very much treating it like a Marvel Studios production and there's old rumors that it's supposedly crossing over with the MCU in some way but the film wasn't mentioned once in the Phase 5/6 timeline. I guess it's probably because it's a Rated R but it's strange nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    LOL. The X-Men need to be updated. Deadpool 2 changing Domino was a preview. They're probably gonna get an Eternals type facelift.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I'm 100 percent sure Cyclops will be black.
    No reason to believe that. Like I said, you can easily build a cast that has only him as straight white male, while still being faithful to the comics.

Also, Marvel had no problem starting the Avengers with 5 straight white males and a white woman, and have pretty much every major character in the 4 Avengers films be a white straight male. While we'll certainly see a much more diverse X-men than that, people here are exaggerating, they haven't changed the race of any major characters yet, and it's a lot easier to pull from huge ranks of X-men character than to invite controversy for no reason.

Niffleheim

After a representation phase I find it hard to believe that the X-Men lineups will ever be all white but I can see the Marvel First Family as all white. By the way, why has the discussion devolved to talking about racebending?
    Last edited by Tofali; 07-27-2022 at 04:15 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    It is complete BS if you ask me. Just think about it: Patrick Stewart was done with the X-Men franchise so he wouldn't be under any contract to return, but he reprised his role as Professor X. If the rumor was true then James McAvoy would have been Xavier since Dark Phoenix was meant to be the start of a Dark Phoenix Saga doulogy/trilogy.
    That's not what the rumor said. It's not that they were forced to use Patrick instead of James, but that both actors were their only options simply because they couldn't recast certain roles with new actors. I'm not saying that anyone needs to believe this rumor, but everything Marvel has done with those characters so far lines up with that: the only characters from FOX's X-Men franchises they used were played by the same actors (Patrick Stewart and Ryan Reynolds), and the only other mutant they introduced (Ms. Marvel) was someone who was never portrayed in any X-Men movie and, therefore, didn't have any legal ties to that franchise.

For what it's worth: Charles Murphy, who is a very reliable scooper, also said he specifically heard from his sources to not expect any X-Men before 2025, although he was never given a specific reason why. He says this new report COULD be an explanation.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-27-2022 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    After a presentation phase I find it hard to believe that the X-Men lineups will ever be all white but I can see the Marvel First Family as all white.
    No doubt about it. Like I said, I expect a minority of X-men being made of straight white men, unlike the Avengers.

By the way, why has the discussion devolved to talking about racebending?
    Some people treat their speculations and ideas as facts, and get mad at you if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    That's not what the rumor said. It's not that they were forced to use Patrick instead of James, but that both actors were their only options simply because they couldn't recast certain roles with new actors. I'm not saying that anyone needs to believe this rumor, but everything Marvel has done with those characters so far lines up with that: the only characters from FOX's X-Men franchises they used were played by the same actors (Patrick Stewart and Ryan Reynolds), and the only other mutant they introduced (Ms. Marvel) was someone who was never portrayed in any X-Men movie and, therefore, didn't have any legal ties to that franchise.

For what it's worth: Charles Murphy, who is a very reliable scooper, also said he specifically heard from his sources to not expect any X-Men before 2025, although he was never given a specific reason why. He says this new report COULD be an explanation.
    If they couldn't use X-men until 2025, there wouldn't be much reason to introduce the concept of mutants so soon in the game and leave it hanging for years. More likely they'll release more information on D23, and have movies in the many open slots they have, introducing some other characters in shows and movies, while also giving a breather after the last Fox films left audiences cold.
    Last edited by Omega Alpha; 07-27-2022 at 04:06 PM.

After a presentation phase I find it hard to believe that the X-Men lineups will ever be all white but I can see the Marvel First Family as all white. By the way, why has the discussion devolved to talking about racebending?
    I mentioned one of the Kang variants (there will probably be 6 based on what was shown in Loki) will be related to Reed Richards and said it was an opportunity to race bend the character like they did the Human Torch in the last Fox Fantastic Four movie. But this doesn't imply much since Sue was white and they were brother and sister. Maybe Kang will be an another adopted relative.

The X-Men have been terrible at making their relevant characters BIPOC, so I assume they'll end up making some adjustments and race bend the X-Men like they did with the Eternals for the MCU.

We don't have to carry this on. It was just an observation because I realized that there will be many Kang variants and that one of them will be tied to the Fantastic Four movie.

I'm sure we're getting an X-movie in phase 6 and that Deadpool might be a part of the Thunderbolts.