Page 511 of 775 FirstFirst ... 11411461501507508509510511512513514515521561611 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,665 of 11621

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    They aren't using the SS because it's too similar to the JL if played straight and too similar to The Boys if they are.evil
    Sounds like a feature, not a flaw if you ask me. Taking a poke at the Distinguished Competition is a tradition (DC does the same thing and it's usually all in good fun), and it's not terribly hard to make the Squadron stand as its own thing while still being an obvious League proxy. Hell they just did it with the Eternals, which I figure is a bigger barrier to the Squadron being used; Marvel already did a League proxy with them so doing it again with evil versions isn't as appealing.

But I suspect if such a "evil variant" group does show up, it'll be evil Avengers, not evil Leaguers. But still, if there's a time to introduce the Squadron, it's now.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Sounds like a feature, not a flaw if you ask me. Taking a poke at the Distinguished Competition is a tradition (DC does the same thing and it's usually all in good fun), and it's not terribly hard to make the Squadron stand as its own thing while still being an obvious League proxy. Hell they just did it with the Eternals, which I figure is a bigger barrier to the Squadron being used; Marvel already did a League proxy with them so doing it again with evil versions isn't as appealing.

But I suspect if such a "evil variant" group does show up, it'll be evil Avengers, not evil Leaguers. But still, if there's a time to introduce the Squadron, it's now.
    If they did the Squadron I would love it.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Just to be "that guy" I'd want them to cast Cavill, Affleck, and Gadot.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

LOL yea that would be a hoot.

My take: MCU Secret Wars is going to be closer to the original Secret Wars than Hickman's Secret Wars.

The premise is going to be heroes and villains plucked from all over MCU Multiverse by Beyonder (or Kang/Immortus). This will include the FoX-Men and thus making it an Avengers/X-Men cross over as well. The FF and Doom will also be involved. Doom will try to make a play for the Cosmic Power but it will be another character who will serve as the 11th hour threat that has to be stopped. SW will be the end of the Multiverse War and at the end also, all the various characters will be well familiar with each other.

I also think Kang Dynasty and SW will be two different films with no connection to each other but they will both deal with the Multiverse. Kang Dynasty will be what leads to the formation of the A-Force and also the Young Avengers. Secret Wars will star everyone else who isn't a part of KD. It will neatly side step any questions of 'why didn't X show up?' and it also allows Marvel to manage their bloated cast by sorting characters into two separate cross over films which they can use to spin off into their own team projects.

It is possible that Kang's son, Marcus plays a bigger role in KD. This would allow Johnathan Majors to be in SW's playing a variant of Kang who takes on the Beyonder's role. Or Marcus takes on Doom's role in SW and Marvel saves Doom's rise to cosmic power for another film.

Characters I can see appearing:

Kang Dynasty: Kang and his son Marcus. Carol Danvers, Jen Walters, Monica Rambeau, Scarlet Scarab, Shang Chi, Kamala Khan, Kate Bishop, Hope Pym, Cassie Lang,

Secret Wars: Dr Strange, Clea, Sam Wilson, Namor, the Fantastic Four, the Thunderbolts (Yelena, John Walker, etc), Dr Doom, the FoX-Men (Xavier, Magneto, Cyclops, Wolverine),

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Niffleheim

LOL yea that would be a hoot.
    what menace are you two brewing?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I also think Kang Dynasty and SW will be two different films with no connection to each other but they will both deal with the Multiverse.
    Do you mean they are different stories but they both have Kang as the central character? Or Kang is just in The Kang Dynasty and not in Secret Wars? If it's the latter then that is a recipe for failure IMHO
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    what menace are you two brewing?
    Oh just a summer blockbuster's worth of studio-v-studio trolling.

It's an awful, horrible, beautiful idea and you all know it. Naysay now, but if Marvel actually announced such a thing you'd all be laughing at the sheer audacity and ridiculousness of it.

~ Black Panther.

Niffleheim

Oh just a summer blockbuster's worth of studio-v-studio trolling.

It's an awful, horrible, beautiful idea and you all know it. Naysay now, but if Marvel actually announced such a thing you'd all be laughing at the sheer audacity and ridiculousness of it.
    The idea is great but we'll be courting hate from the fanbase

Astonishing Member

Could that be a 2 billion dollar movie without China and Russia? I really think so. Great idea!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Could that be a 2 billion dollar movie without China and Russia? I really think so. Great idea!

Honestly if you did an avengers v squadron movie it would be ridiculous how huge it would be I think. The publicity alone would be nuts.

Astonishing Member

Honestly if you did an avengers v squadron movie it would be ridiculous how huge it would be I think. The publicity alone would be nuts.
    And the non-comic book fans would be thinking the MCU is blatantly ripping off the JL while not knowing these two teams have fought numerous times in the comic books and the Squadron made their first appearance in 1971! Priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Do you mean they are different stories but they both have Kang as the central character? Or Kang is just in The Kang Dynasty and not in Secret Wars? If it's the latter then that is a recipe for failure IMHO
    Two different stories. Kang could fill in the Beyonder's role in SW depending on how feasible it is to have Johnathan Majors shoot both films and two different versions of Kang in the same time frame.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    And the non-comic book fans would be thinking the MCU is blatantly ripping off the JL while not knowing these two teams have fought numerous times in the comic books and the Squadron made their first appearance in 1971! Priceless!

I don't know if Marvel would ever have the balls to do it. I mean they have done it in the animated shows. But this would be a new level.

By jove, I got it; SW will have Avengers, FF and FoX-Men and their villain fight each other to figure out whose universe will survive the Incursion. Kang sets the whole thing up. It will be the new Multiverse War that was in the Loki S1.

At some point, either Doom or Magneto takes cosmic power for themselves and the heroes will band together to stop them. Reed will be crucial in saving the day and that will be how the MCU sets up the FF as one of the big players in the MCU. Bonus points if they establish that Reed and Kang are related.

I can see Kang being the villain of Kang Dynasty while Immortus is the villain of SW.