Page 524 of 775 FirstFirst ... 24424474514520521522523524525526527528534574624 ... LastLast
Results 7,846 to 7,860 of 11611

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I think She-Hulk will reach the top the Nielsen streaming chart and not just make the top ten. I feel hyped for this.
    I am too. Looking forward to all the obscure heroes/villains cameos. That alone should make this interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Well moon knight and ms marvel are really loved if you go by critic and audience RT scores but we don't have cinemascores for streaming shows.
    Doctor strange has really high rt audience scores in the 80's but cinemascore is a B+,SO overall it was loved enough i guess by the audience.

Here is a new recent mcu property.
    RT SCORES for I AM GROOT

I AM GROOT 87% Avg rating 7.70/10
    AUDIENCE SCORE 76% Avg rating 3.9
    Oh, I think lots of people enjoyed and liked Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel. I have no idea what is going on with I Am Groot. Didn't know he had a series. Glad it's doing well though. I'm just saying that Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel didn't leave "cultural ripples" like the Mandalorian and/or WandaVision did (I'm talking about Disney Plus here). And I do feel that Top Gun 2 and EEAAO are dominating discourse in the entertainment world in a way that Strange 2 and Thor 4 aren't. Which is REALLY weird to me because the hype and anticipation for the Multiverse of Madness and Love & Thunder were stronger in my view. I do think She-Hulk has a chance to be great...BUT the humor in it HAS to work a good chunk of the time for it to be a success IMO. It can't go overboard with cringe and cheesiness.

Mighty Member

I'm curious if anyone has dared to go back and watch the MCU from the beginning again? I always love doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Some people being up in arms about a lighter side to Matt Murdock in She-Hulk....their memories are short sighted if they're bothered by it. Just because they show a lighter side doesn't take away from the darkness. Me, personally I'm not bothered by it. It adds layers to the character. And he's shown lightheartedness in the comics as well. And, the first episode of DD Netflix, Karen asks how long they've been lawyers and Matt asks Foggy for the time and he says about 7 hours. Then there's the scene in No Way Home(How'd you do that? I'm a good lawyer). Even the second episode of season 1, there's that little moment with Claire where she tells Matt his costume sucks while she's dressing his wounds. Shoot even in Jessica Jones there were a few moments where I burst out laughing.
    I think there will be a contingent of people who will hate it no matter what. Nothing will change their minds.

I wouldn't mind a lighter Matt. Especially since he has moments of levity both in the comics and even on the Netflix show. In fact, it's because Matt has moments of levity that it makes moments of darkness and tragedy so striking.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    I'm curious if anyone has dared to go back and watch the MCU from the beginning again? I always love doing that.
    I dont think ive done it since quartantine time.

TBH, Idk if i'll do it again. With so much stuff, i'd probably just skip some now. Until my kids begin to like them (or not) anyway.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

She-Hulk Boss Confirms Where the Series Fits in the MCU Timeline
    https://www.cbr.com/she-hulk-creator...imeline-place/

Would a complete re-watch now entail the movies, Disney+ shows, first season of Agent Carter, one-shots, and the Netflix shows?

Extraordinary Member

James Gunn Says Black Panther is NOT Ending Phase 4

Old men are afraid of She-Hulk. Other demographics are supportive of her.

My ONLY concern about She-Hulk is the humor. Some of the latest Marvel movies/shows' humor have gotten a LOT more cringey lately. And I'm a HUGE fan of Marvel humor. If the jokes land smoothly, I think this series has a great chance to be successful.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 08-18-2022 at 11:02 AM.

Mighty Member

I'm guessing you're talking about the 55-95 year old men?

Mighty Member

I just would like to know if this series bashes all men. As in "men are pigs-Girl POWER!" No problem with a female driven show, but there need to be a good balance of good strong male characters along with strong good female characters. And not just the tired gay best friend/brother trope. Look at the recent WW movies. Steve Trevor doesn't diminish WW, but enhances her. She's just as cool and engaging with Steve as she is without Steve.

The first film perhaps but WW84 is a pretty poor example lol. That movie managed to do a major disservice to both men and women.
    Last edited by Dipter; 08-17-2022 at 09:19 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    James Gunn Says Black Panther is NOT Ending Phase 4
    KF announced at SDCC that BP:WF is the end of Phase 4. So, fake news this is.

Extraordinary Member

The RT critic score so far for she-hulk.
    SHE-HULK: ATTORNEY AT LAW 94% AVERAGE TOMATOMETER
    It at 96% earlier.