Page 530 of 775 FirstFirst ... 30430480520526527528529530531532533534540580630 ... LastLast
Results 7,936 to 7,950 of 11625
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Anyone heard anything on Armor Wars? Seems other properties keep getting pushed but I don't hear much about this one.
    Here is some talk about it here.
    MCU Armor Wars star says Series is in Development & Still Coming

Haven't seen Eternals, the new Thor, Ms. Marvel, or She-Hulk. I might actually finally be totally burnt out on the MCU. I'll catch up on the movies for sure but I'm not sure if I'll ever bother with the Disney+ shows. They are just too low quality to really spend time watching with the quality of content on other services. I'm watching Better Call Saul right now and damn does it make me even less interested in watching the MCU's D+ shows especially since I don't think any of their several shows matched the high of WandaVision. I honestly think the D+ shows are the biggest things causing this burnout feeling. There's just so many of them and they aren't even that good. If it was just the movies, I think I'd still be high on the MCU

I will watch Secret Invasion though. Sam Jackson is always great and the premise as a mystery/thriller type fits the television format well so I will def give that a shot. Plus our Queen Emilia Clarke is in it so I gotta give it a shot

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Haven't seen Eternals, the new Thor, Ms. Marvel, or She-Hulk. I might actually finally be totally burnt out on the MCU. I'll catch up on the movies for sure but I'm not sure if I'll ever bother with the Disney+ shows. They are just too low quality to really spend time watching with the quality of content on other services. I'm watching Better Call Saul right now and damn does it make me even less interested in watching the MCU's D+ shows especially since I don't think any of their several shows matched the high of WandaVision. I honestly think the D+ shows are the biggest things causing this burnout feeling. There's just so many of them and they aren't even that good. If it was just the movies, I think I'd still be high on the MCU

I will watch Secret Invasion though. Sam Jackson is always great and the premise as a mystery/thriller type fits the television format well so I will def give that a shot. Plus our Queen Emilia Clarke is in it so I gotta give it a shot
    Your opinion. Sad to see you get off the train. I'm not burnt out at all. I love every piece of content that comes out with the MCU. Maybe if you try not to set your expectations so high you'd be less disappointed.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Ms. Marvel is certainly worth watching, a very enjoyable experience. Not perfect by any means, but not much to actively dislike. Plus, the actress was clearly designed in a laboratory by Mr. Sinister to play the role.

Thor is not bad either, but just insists on humor too much. Wakiti and Marvel saw how people liked it in Ragnarok, and went in overdrive.

Eternals mostly doesn't work, but it's one of those very ambitious failures that are frankly better than succeeding at mediocrity.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Your opinion. Sad to see you get off the train. I'm not burnt out at all. I love every piece of content that comes out with the MCU. Maybe if you try not to set your expectations so high you'd be less disappointed.
    I had to jump off the train too because these shows aren't structured for weekly viewing. I found them very disappointing. Since Hawkeye I have waited for the shows to conclude and then binge them all at once and my rate of disliking and being disappointed with the Disney+ shows I have drastically gone down.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I think Eternals was too ambitious for its own good, which maybe was a challenging way of introducing a whole new concept and characters to moviegoers. Especially because it wasn't a traditional Superhero movie.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I had to jump off the train too because these shows aren't structured for weekly viewing. I found them very disappointing. Since Hawkeye I have waited for the shows to conclude and then binge them all at once and my rate of disliking and being disappointed with the Disney+ shows I have drastically gone down.
    Not jumping off the train...but do have complaints about the writing after Endgame...

BW: Poor decisions and protrayals of Taskmaster and Red Guardian

F&WS: Sharon deserved better than to be made a villain, John Walker was very poorly written and Sam and his whole "don't call them terrorist" was bad. Not to mention the Loan Officer and Cop being written as to imply racism.

DS-MoM: Wanda deserved better than to be the villain...the only positive was that Elizabeth Olsen's performance was amazing.

Thor-L&T: way too much humor...especially and serious times. And Zeus who I always put on the same level as Odin was very poorly done.

For the good...
    I loved Hawkeye...it stayed on point with the story without diverging into un-needed nonsense.

Ms Marvel...once you see it as as teen drama about a girl discoverin her family history and fining her place in the world...with superheroics thrown in...it is a good show. Just could have done without the Brie Larson cameo unless Carol and Kamala were going to actually meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Eternals was too ambitious for its own good, which maybe was a challenging way of introducing a whole new concept and characters to moviegoers. Especially because it wasn't a traditional Superhero movie.
    Just one person's opinion...but should have keep more in line with the comics. Not gender swapped the Eternals. Not had the Deviants as a pack of feral predators but more like the individuals they are in the comics. And used Dame more as sort of the 'human POC' looking at what is going on instead of Sersi's boyfriend who shows up at the beginning and end.

Astonishing Member

I agree about the writing on Iron Fist. If you watch the Luke Cage episode he guests in I think he kills it.
    He was better in Luke Cage and I loved that you could see a more comic accurate chemistry friendship starting with him and Luke.

But, I think you simply have to thank him and recast. That role needs someone who has more believable fighting skill imo. It wasn't all his fault with the production issues and not having time to train etc. But move on.

I feel the same way about X men recasting. I legit need none of the Foxmen cast at all. MCU has better casting imo. They rarely miss when they control the casting.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    He was better in Luke Cage and I loved that you could see a more comic accurate chemistry friendship starting with him and Luke.

But, I think you simply have to thank him and recast. That role needs someone who has more believable fighting skill imo. It wasn't all his fault with the production issues and not having time to train etc. But move on.

I feel the same way about X men recasting. I legit need none of the Foxmen cast at all. MCU has better casting imo. They rarely miss when they control the casting.
    If they were not bringing the others back and doing a complete re-cast...I would agree with that. But Charlie Cox, Vincent D'Nofrio and others are coming back so I would say give them all a chance at it.

I never felt Danny was a strong leading man. So I'd just make him part of an ensemble piece.

If they ever do a SWORD show, just put him with Darcy and Woo.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-04-2022 at 10:32 AM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I agree. Like I said, I prefer ambition to pure mediocrity, which is Marvel often guilty often, but they tried to do too much in too little film.

Niffleheim

Not jumping off the train...but do have complaints about the writing after Endgame...

BW: Poor decisions and protrayals of Taskmaster and Red Guardian
    I didn't really mind that much about Taskmaster and RG I was more annoyed that the writing didn't serve Natasha as BW so the whole movie collapsed for me

F&WS: Sharon deserved better than to be made a villain, John Walker was very poorly written and Sam and his whole "don't call them terrorist" was bad. Not to mention the Loan Officer and Cop being written as to imply racism.
    I didn't mind this either because her being a villain is still up in the air even thou she killed Batroc (if I remember correctly) to hide that they were in cahoots. Maybe she is undercover The whole story for F and WS was a failure in my honest opinion - I went from liking Sam in the movies to now finding him annoying. They should just have Falcon and now Captain America doing aerial canyon fights like that first episode. I think I've re-watched that a lot of time

DS-MoM: Wanda deserved better than to be the villain...the only positive was that Elizabeth Olsen's performance was amazing.
    This I will never understand. She was already the villain in WandaVision.

Thor-L&T: way too much humor...especially and serious times. And Zeus who I always put on the same level as Odin was very poorly done.
    Thor is one of my faves as a character and I know a lot of ppl were unhappy about Ragnarok but I loved it because it was comedic however in Love & Thunder Waititi has gone overboard in making Thor in to a caricature. Maybe other ppl see it differently or maybe they see Waititi's version of Thor as one and the same I just preferred the sharpness in Ragnarok than the overindulgence in L&T.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member

This I will never understand. She was already the villain in WandaVision.
    I wouldn't say she was the villain in WandaVision...just going through the stages of grief in a very irresponsible way (to put it delicately). And at the end I believe she was in the final stage of acceptance. And seeing her in the post credit scene reading the Darkhold did not mean to me that she should have gone evil. They could have had her be immune to the evil of the Darkhold because she is the Scarlet Witch.

Thor is one of my faves as a character and I know a lot of ppl were unhappy about Ragnarok but I loved it because it was comedic however in Love & Thunder Waititi has gone overboard in making Thor in to a caricature. Maybe other ppl see it differently or maybe they see Waititi's version of Thor as one and the same I just preferred the sharpness in Ragnarok than the overindulgence in L&T.
    I am mostly fine with Ragnorak...just think some of the blatant comedy could have been toned down. But L&T was just too over the top with it in all the wrong places.

Astonishing Member

If they were not bringing the others back and doing a complete re-cast...I would agree with that. But Charlie Cox, Vincent D'Nofrio and others are coming back so I would say give them all a chance at it.
    Everyone else was better than him unfortunately. He was clearly the weakest link. Overshadowed in his own series by Jessica Henwick as Colleen. She was carrying that series on her back. And she deserved a Daughters of the Dragon spinoff.

I, too, agree.
    Mostly time is a factor and I am not ready to see movies.

I'm just getting over covid (first time) and have finished the anti viral. Tomorrow I can check and see if I'm neg or still pos and take it from there.

But I've watched most of the series and I'm ready for more. I haven't seen the latest Thor, got time.

I think Samuel is a little overrated but the story is one I've been waiting to see, 'cuz I think it would be intense if well done.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all