Page 54 of 775 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154554 ... LastLast

‘Multiverse of Madness’ Will Introduce a Character Marvel Studios Always Wanted to Use
    https://mcucosmic.com/2019/12/29/mul...wanted-to-use/

People are guessing Man-Thing. Since they have wanted to use him for a long while, but it took a bit to wrestle his rights back.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

https://www.cbr.com/wandavision-phot...aracter-debut/

So it looks like Kathryn Hahn's character, the "nosy neighbor", in WandaVision is... Agatha Harkness.

That's interesting, and it makes sense. I also suspect she's another example of the Fox buyout taking effect. Though she taught Wanda magic in the comics, she was created as a Fantastic Four supporting character, as Franklin's nanny. I suspect she was off limits to the MCU until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/wandavision-phot...aracter-debut/

So it looks like Kathryn Hahn's character, the "nosy neighbor", in WandaVision is... Agatha Harkness.

That's interesting, and it makes sense. I also suspect she's another example of the Fox buyout taking effect. Though she taught Wanda magic in the comics, she was created as a Fantastic Four supporting character, as Franklin's nanny. I suspect she was off limits to the MCU until now.
    Which makes me really happy as a Wanda fan. Agatha is essential. I hope for Chthon, but not gonna hope too much for that one. Might be too much for them to tackle or not part of their focus. But I just think it's a neat dynamic. Getting her powers from evil but using it to do good. Plus I think Chthon could be a good main baddie for Wanda.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

What do you think will be the plot of Ant-Man 3?

I'm guessing it'll be a Sequel Goes Foreign story with the main characters going to Europe, mainly due to them filming in the UK. I suspect that because they aren't using Atlanta like usual, and other MCU works are still using it as the base, while foreign or fantastical works are being filmed abroad (Black Widow, Eternals, Shang-Chi, Thor: Love and Thunder). I did see it mentioned that the UK was the base, while several abroad locations are also to be used. Kinda pieced together the vacation angle from that.

They could frame it that they're going on a family vacation, maybe Scott and Hope got married since Endgame. Scott and Hope go on a family vacation, bringing alongside Cassie, Hank, and Janet, and the idea being that they could have the family bonding time that they all sorely need. Then you could have Luis, Kurt and Dave who decide to invite themselves along with because it's just not complete without them.

I hope they finally answer that Mitchell Carson plot thread from the first Ant-Man, establishing that the Pym Particles and the Quantum Realm have made HYDRA stronger than ever. Thus, forcing the gang to suit up and prevent a resurfaced HYDRA from taking over the world. They should answer that Carson thread, considering Marvel vetoed the original plan to have him get his comeuppance so he could be used later. I'll be very disappointed if they don't.

Other than that, I expect Cassie will get exposed to Pym Particles and start developing her emotion-controlled shrinking/growing powers, making for some cool scenes, and then we get the proper introduction to Stature in the third act.

Aside from the non-physical Carson, who should be the main villain of Ant-Man 3 though? I'm kind of drawing blanks.

What do you think will be the plot of Ant-Man 3?

I'm guessing it'll be a Sequel Goes Foreign story with the main characters going to Europe, mainly due to them filming in the UK. I suspect that because they aren't using Atlanta like usual, and other MCU works are still using it as the base, while foreign or fantastical works are being filmed abroad (Black Widow, Eternals, Shang-Chi, Thor: Love and Thunder). I did see it mentioned that the UK was the base, while several abroad locations are also to be used. Kinda pieced together the vacation angle from that.

They could frame it that they're going on a family vacation, maybe Scott and Hope got married since Endgame. Scott and Hope go on a family vacation, bringing alongside Cassie, Hank, and Janet, and the idea being that they could have the family bonding time that they all sorely need. Then you could have Luis, Kurt and Dave who decide to invite themselves along with because it's just not complete without them.

I hope they finally answer that Mitchell Carson plot thread from the first Ant-Man, establishing that the Pym Particles and the Quantum Realm have made HYDRA stronger than ever. Thus, forcing the gang to suit up and prevent a resurfaced HYDRA from taking over the world. They should answer that Carson thread, considering Marvel vetoed the original plan to have him get his comeuppance so he could be used later. I'll be very disappointed if they don't.

Other than that, I expect Cassie will get exposed to Pym Particles and start developing her emotion-controlled shrinking/growing powers, making for some cool scenes, and then we get the proper introduction to Stature in the third act.

Aside from the non-physical Carson, who should be the main villain of Ant-Man 3 though? I'm kind of drawing blanks.

i think they are telegraphing the plot with the upcoming Ant-Man book (which appears to be a team-up with Cassie). but AIM and Monica Rappaccini (former romantic interest of Pym's maybe) or MODOK is who i'm rooting for. they could even make Carson into MODOK after his attempt to become a giant backfires; only enlarging his head (AIM scientists would then weaponize him). i think it's the kind of crazy thing that they could get away with in an Ant-Man movie.

What I'm expecting is they'll introduce O'Grady and maybe Bill's son who can be the modern Goliath.

What I'm hoping for is they somehow find a way to make Hope Van Dyne interesting.

BANNED

Hope is already pretty interesting.
    Sounds more you just the character written in a way catered to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    Hope is already pretty interesting.
    Sounds more you just the character written in a way catered to you.
    I personally found her kind of dull. The scenes with Michelle Pfeiffer's Janet just stood out to me more then any scene with Hope, and she doesn't have much chemistry with Scott either in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What I'm expecting is they'll introduce O'Grady and maybe Bill's son who can be the modern Goliath.
    seems unlikely given the use of Ghost as a surrogate daughter. i doubt that they introduce many new characters in the 3rd movie. there have already been significant changes to current cast (namely Cassie).

I personally found her kind of dull. The scenes with Michelle Pfeiffer's Janet just stood out to me more then any scene with Hope, and she doesn't have much chemistry with Scott either in my opinion.
    eh. i think their chemistry works just fine for a crime-fighting duo (most buddy cops are polar opposites). i could not care less about them as a romantic couple.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 12-30-2019 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    seems unlikely given the use of Ghost as a surrogate daughter. i doubt that they introduce many new characters in the 3rd movie. there have already been significant changes to current cast (namely Cassie).
    He could be Bill's estranged son.
    eh. i think their chemistry works just fine for a crime-fighting duo (most buddy cops are polar opposites). i could not care less about them as a romantic couple.
    I guess as a "buddy cop" duo they're okay, but Hope having to be Scott's straight woman just leaves her coming off as a fairly dull Wasp in my opinion.

https://www.superherohype.com/tv/474...coming-in-2020

WandaVision will now drop later this year.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

I heard a new BW footage look will happen in a few days as well as a new New Mutants trailer on the same day, is that right?

https://www.superherohype.com/tv/474...coming-in-2020

WandaVision will now drop later this year.
    Looking forward to finally getting to see it .

He has a nephew who is Goliath in the comics, so they could use him instead of creating a son. I doubt it will happen though, since the cast is already pretty large on the protagonist front, and the next hero they introduce will likely be Stature. Maybe Bill could mention his nephew as a little easter egg, and he could show up somewhere else down the line. That's assuming Bill will even be in the next movie, of course.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store