Page 540 of 777 FirstFirst ... 40440490530536537538539540541542543544550590640 ... LastLast
Results 8,086 to 8,100 of 11647

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    It's not a bad show in my opinion. But I do think Jen has been acting pretty smug and "unheroic" throughout most of the series. I think making Titania a social influencer in She-Hulk was a GREAT creative decision by the show runners actually, but the series hasn't focused on her rather sympathetic backstory enough to make it "click". I guess the dating stuff can be fun, but I don't want MCU heroes having one-night stands. Keep it family-friendly Disney. This isn't Maury. I do think She-Hulk is "teasing" Daredevil. I'm one of the rare people in the MCU fandom who is not familiar with Cox's version of the character so his appearance in She-Hulk is not a big deal to me. I would have preferred a show more focused on the "Hulk franchise" to be honest. I think Jen, Bruce, Emil and Titania need some more love.
    Iron-Man and Star-Lord BEEN having one-night stands and Peter literally calls Gamora his “booty call” in Infinity War. Nothing in She-Hulk is that crazy and it all comes from the source material.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Iron-Man and Star-Lord BEEN having one-night stands and Peter literally calls Gamora his “booty call” in Infinity War. Nothing in She-Hulk is that crazy and it all comes from the source material.
    It's nice to see the MCU is comfortable with their heroes having sex lives again.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    You are not in the minority.
    Most critics and audiences liked and enjoyed avengers 2 and thor 4.

Avengers: Age of Ultron (76%)
    Average Rating: 6.8/10
    AUDIENCE SCORE (82%)
    Average Rating: 4.0/5
    Cinemascore A

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER 64%
    6.40 out of 10 average rating
    AUDIENCE SCORE 77%
    4.0 out of 5 average rating
    Cinemascore B+

Thor: Love and Thunder box office is doing fine by the way and this is without china,russia and certain countries in the mid-east.
    It made more then the last thor movie DOMESTIC box office but it did NOT make more worldwide because of those countries i mentioned.

Thor: Love and Thunder

Here is some of my views and others i posted before on what is going on with box office.

This was weeks ago below as well.
    I was incorrect and wrong to say that the majority of folks didn't enjoy Avengers 2 and Thor 4. I meant to say that LESS people seemed to enjoy them than their direct predecessors. As many people have mentioned on this thread before, it's the relationship between movie budgets and box office grosses that should be concerning to Disney. If Thor 4 cost $400 million to make, I've heard the general "rule" is that a movie that costs that much to produce and market has to make at LEAST $800 million to break even. Basically a film has to make twice of what it costs to produce and promote just to NOT lose money. I think Disney does get bigger cuts of the grosses from theaters and has received generous tax breaks from US states and other countries. I also believe Marvel Studios will make money from physical media (DVDs and Blu-Rays). So I reckon Thor 4 will be profitable in the end, but as of right now, it hasn't reached $760 million yet at the box office.

Yeah, but Tony fooling around with that reporter happened before Disney bought Marvel Comics. Ever since then he's been VERY well-behaved. And lots of kids will NOT understand Quill's references to Jackson Pollock in the Guardians (and how proud he was about his bodily fluids being strewn about that cabin). I get that Jen is a "sexy" character in the comic books, but young kids should not be having discussions about "walks of shame" in Marvel movie/television properties!!!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 09-25-2022 at 11:32 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, but Tony fooling around with that reporter happened before Disney bought Marvel Comics. Ever since then he's been VERY well-behaved. And lots of kids will NOT understand Quill's references to Jackson Pollock in the Guardians (and how proud he was about his bodily fluids strewn about that cabin). I get that Jen is a "sexy" character in the comic books, but young kids should not be having discussions about "walks of shame" in Marvel movie/television properties!!!

No, some say it needs 625 million to break even,others 740 million or 500 million.
    Of course a few say 800 million,but that's not true.
    It broke even already and it's making a profit.

Is Thor Love and Thunder Hit Or Flop? How’s The Marvel Studios’ Thor 4 Performed at Box Office?
    While it didn’t have the momentum early on, Thor: Love and Thunder has officially passed the $700M mark worldwide. It’s currently on its way to passing the box office of its predecessor if you exclude its Chinese and Russian box office. The original pulled in $850M when it was released back in 2017 but owed $112M alone to China with Russia making up 23M. So, it would “only” need to pass $715M to pull in a higher box office than its predecessor. Not too far away from its current $704M international cume.

Naturally, many would assume that the influx should be higher, especially with the presumed $250M budget this film is standing on. Still, with a B+ CinemaScore and a more mixed critical reception, it still surprised many when it started picking up momentum. The second and third weekends seemingly had a stronger drop but it was during the week when things would pick up for the fourth Thor entry of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The film won’t be making a massive profit for Marvel Studios as it likely will break even but a fourth entry making as much or even more than its predecessor is also not a common thing in the market. Thor: Love and Thunder proves that Marvel Studios still has a good hold on the market and $700M is a great win for any production nowadays; Top Gun: Maverick is the exception that may be overlooked in the more fragile market we have right now.

As of now, the film is likely to pass the first’s overall box office run and even reach around $750M+. There’s still a chance it could go higher if it legs out even with its 45-day window on the horizon; something that may be facing a change sooner rather than later. Still, the film is not a flop as many would make you believe and it’ll b interesting to see how Black Panther: Wakanda Forever performs later this year.

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/th...00m-worldwide/
    Last edited by mace11; 09-25-2022 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    No, some say it needs 625 million to break even,others 740 million or 500 million.
    Of course a few say 800 million,but that's not true.
    It broke even already and it's making a profit.

Is Thor Love and Thunder Hit Or Flop? How’s The Marvel Studios’ Thor 4 Performed at Box Office?

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/th...00m-worldwide/
    From what I understand a movie needs to make more than double the amount of money at the box office that it invested in producing and marketing that film in order to be in the black. I could be wrong about that, but that seems to be a "general rule". I read that Thor 4 cost $250 million to produce and promotion costs to market L&T reached $150 million. So that's $400 million right there. I just think it's very hard for movies to make healthy profits in theaters if films cost that much to produce and market. L&T was an expensive movie to make. Black Panther 2 looks like a REALLY expensive movie to make (and I believe they've been doing more reshoots lately so that's even more money Disney is spending on it). I think if Thor 4 was received as well as Ragnarok, it could have easily grossed more than $850 million. I personally really enjoyed it. I'm glad they finished Jane Foster's story in the MCU and gave her a nice send-off.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 09-25-2022 at 09:02 PM.

Yeah, but Tony fooling around with that reporter happened before Disney bought Marvel Comics. Ever since then he's been VERY well-behaved. And lots of kids will NOT understand Quill's references to Jackson Pollock in the Guardians (and how proud he was about his bodily fluids being strewn about that cabin). I get that Jen is a "sexy" character in the comic books, but young kids should not be having discussions about "walks of shame" in Marvel movie/television properties!!!
    What "young kids?" The show is rated TV-14. It's not meant for little children.

Extraordinary Member

From what I understand a movie needs to make more than double the amount of money at the box office that it invested in producing and marketing that film in order to be in the black. I could be wrong about that, but that seems to be a "general rule". I read that Thor 4 cost $250 million to produce and promotion costs to market L&T reached $150 million. So that's $400 million right there. I just think it's very hard for movies to make healthy profits in theaters if films cost that much to promote and market. L&T was an expensive movie to make. Black Panther 2 looks like a REALLY expensive movie to make (and I believe they've been doing more reshoots lately so that's even more money Disney is spending on it). I think if Thor 4 was received as well as Ragnarok, it could have easily grossed more than $850 million. I personally really enjoyed it. I'm glad they finished Jane Foster's story in the MCU and gave her a nice send-off.
    Yes with china and russia it could have made over 850 million,but without them? no.
    Disney knew without those countries it was not making over 850 million.

So it was not expected,even more so post covid(still a problem).
    Now if it was a better made movie,maybe closer to 800 million but still no guarantee,even more more so post covid(still a problem).
    Keep in mind empire strikes back made way less then star wars and it's better movie.

Anyway i read/heard thor 4 has broken even and has made a profit.

Extraordinary Member

Thor 4 isn't a flop, but I don't think anyone thinks it performed as well as Disney hoped.

It could be this is a new normal for the MCU, or it could be that it's just an effect of releasing two movies in a row that had sub-par scripts and audience scores (B+, which both Strange 2 and Thor 4 got, makes them two out of only four MCU movies to get below an A- CinemaScore).

Either way a movie in the COVID era, especially with China and Russia mostly off limits, really needs to be a huge crowd-pleaser to clear $1 billion. No Way Home was unquestionably more of a crowd-pleaser than the two MCU movies that came after it, and so was Top Gun. Marvel is probably hoping Wakanda Forever will be that kind of crowd-pleaser.

Is it just me, but does anybody else here think that the MCU Disney Plus shows are doing a pretty bad job of developing villains? I think the "bad guys/gals" in most of their series's have been painfully underdeveloped (which significantly diminished stakes in my view). Sadly, I feel Disney is absolutely wasting the potential of some pretty good actors/actresses lately.
    Eh, I think the shows have handled the villains about as well as most of the films have. Villains have rarely ever been one of the MCU's strong points.

The show is pretty damn tame, honestly. Jen picked up a dude and walked off screen with him. Big deal; it's vague enough that small kids aren't going to realize what that implies, and older kids see far worse, often on stuff that's actually aimed at their age bracket. I find She-Hulk, which says it's for teens to begin with, far less worrisome for my nine year old daughter than some stuff that is actually aimed at kids her age, like My Hero Academia.

And if the concern is a hero having a healthy sex life without a traditional, monogamous relationship, well, the show and main character have both been very clear; this isn't a superhero show. It's Ally McBeal in a world with superheroes. And also, true to her character (as I understand it, not a big SHulk fan) so....kinda on the individual for expecting different.
    Last edited by Ascended; 09-25-2022 at 02:28 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

didn't gog2 have a robot whore house for the Ravengers?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I can’t imagine small kids being shown most Marvel stuff. I just don’t think of this material as being for kids. That’s like the assumption some have that comics are for kids. Maybe teens but I don’t want comics or movies to cater to children. That’s what animation is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    I can’t imagine small kids being shown most Marvel stuff. I just don’t think of this material as being for kids. That’s like the assumption some have that comics are for kids. Maybe teens but I don’t want comics or movies to cater to children. That’s what animation is for.
    Granted Marvel kind of screwed that up for a while.

But it seems like a lot of young kids are into Marvel Movies as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Granted Marvel kind of screwed that up for a while.

But it seems like a lot of young kids are into Marvel Movies as well.
    Well, what're we considering to be "young" here?

I work with the public and see a lot of kids through that, and have two of my own so I'm no expert but just speaking from personal experience I feel like most kindergarteners I see are Avengers/MCU fans to one degree or another. There's usually at least a character or movie they've liked. You see a lot of MCU merchandise aimed at kids in that "early grade school" bracket, kid sized Halloween costumes, etc. You see kids of all ages at conventions, dressed up as MCU heroes.

I certainly wouldn't consider most MCU films/shows to be anything other than family friendly. She-Hulk included. There's a few exceptions; I wouldn't let my nine year old watch Multiverse of Madness. But She-Hulk? Can't imagine a reason to not let my girl watch it.

But what is and isn't appropriate for kids changes a lot depending on culture and region too. Hell, and generation. The stuff I was allowed to do as a kid would've gotten my parents arrested today, and I'm not even that old yet.
    Last edited by Ascended; 09-25-2022 at 05:54 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Rumors are that She-Hulk and/or a hulked-up army (engineered from Jen's blood) will appear in Captain America: New World Order.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES