Page 547 of 775 FirstFirst ... 47447497537543544545546547548549550551557597647 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,205 of 11619

The LINEARITY of the MCU makes it WAY more popular and easy to remember for mainstream audiences (as opposed to the comics they are based upon). The fact that the MCU has "fairly" consistent lore and continuous storytelling with no retcons makes it better than the comic books. And the live-action stuff has the wonderful advantage of fixing the "problems" that can be found in the source material. And no, I don't want to "consume" entertainment (like the MCU) like the comics. It's not just a "personal preference" problem (try saying that three times in a row). When I was reading comics back in the 90s, Marvel and DC were releasing titles for pretty much every character that existed in the comics at the time. And this was when they were ALREADY publishing like thirty Spider-Man, twenty-five Batman, and a dozen X-Men comics per month. And we know how well that "quantity over quality" approach fared by the end of that decade. I see no reason why theatergoers are gonna react any differently than comic book readers did a couple of decades ago. Audiences have been conditioned to believe that the stories in the MCU are "all connected" for fifteen years. So most of the movies felt like "required" viewing. And they were actually pretty good movies to watch for the most part, so people were happy to join the party. MCU fans watch these things to not only to get a broader picture of the cinematic universe, but also out of a FOMO. Two or three movies a year, or two movies and MAYBE two shows (I would make them shorter than they are currently) a year, is reasonable. Four movies and five shows a year is WAY too much in my opinion (and I'm not even including the SONY Marvel stuff). So the whole picking and choosing format doesn't really work in my view. Because these movies and now shows are "all connected" in the MCU. And people are gonna miss important story elements and character introductions if they skip over stuff (and watching YouTube videos and reading Wikipedia articles is NOT the same thing as watching that stuff).

And I don't get the MCU fanboys telling other MCU fans to "not watch" MCU content if they don't agree with the rapid pace of the shows being released. Lots of us have been fans of the MCU just as long as ANYBODY ELSE and have watched all the shows and bought tons of merchandise. So those assholes can take their gatekeeping **** somewhere else as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    It's funny how people on this thread some people moan about "there's too many shows/movies to keep up with" and having to watch them all. I'm assuming some are comics readers, yes? Concept is the same just different formant. Quality ebbs and flows with comics just as it does films and shows. And some have probably read 100s if not thousands of comics over a period of time. Just enjoy it. Because of D+ we can have more content and as close to comic book like format as possible, that wasn't possible 15 years ago.
    For real, it's not Pokemon. You don't need to catch them all.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    For real, it's not Pokemon. You don't need to catch them all.
    It's not anything new either. I have never seen the Ant-Man movies or the Guardians of the Galaxy ones and I got along just fine.
    Every movie as a stand alone is already enjoyable and that's what made the MCU successful. All the references and easter eggs are just the cherry on top.
    "This is me being reasonable"

You can definitely skip stuff and still "get" what's going on. But it's different when it's 30 movies and a dozen shows you have to "pick and choose" from as opposed to just fifteen movies. That's why I'm "bearish" on the MCU right now. Marvel Studios is being shut out of China, Russia and the Middle East right now (as well as other countries). Their budgets are also as bloated as hell. Their new characters AREN'T catching fire like the ones in the first three phases did. And I was annoyed when Marvel Studios and Sony were bragging that they were "saving cinema" last year when NWH came out. That's just inviting more backlash.

And it's not like I hate all of Phase 4 either. I've stated many times that I really liked Shang-Chi, NWH, Ms. Marvel and Thor 4. But unlike other previous phases, there's been more misses in it than hits for me. One of my biggest issues with this phase is the character introductions. They have been extremely uninspiring to me. I'm genuinely surprised that people think that movies featuring new teams made up of these characters will be successful.

"Fans have had new, half-baked characters shoved down their throats. In Phase 4 alone, Marvel has introduced about 16 new characters who could potentially join a new Avengers lineup, and yet not a single one seems to have any real purpose. What value do these characters add to the overarching story? On their own, the characters have potential, but they all seem to lack direction. Going back to the slow burn of the “Infinity Saga,” Marvel’s previous phases started off with a small group of characters, and their numbers grew as time went on. Even with the addition of groups outside of the Avengers, audiences were always led back to the franchise to see how it would all add to the Avengers story."

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    That has nothing to do with their point, which is you can pick and choose what to watch. Just like you do with the comics.
    But my point is that there is more going into MCU content than what we get with the comics that effects things from a quality perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I'd argue most people in here complain about hte quality vs the quantity.

It is rare for people to complain about too much HIGH QUALITY stuff. It is when the quality starts to suffer all around that people go, "maybe you shouldn't release as much"
    Yeah, I don't see people complaining so much about having so much more Marvel stuff but that the actual production values and content isn't always up to snuff and that Marvel might be stretching themselves too thin.
    Unfortunately, purely MCU, we didn't get enough "good hero Wanda" to make up for the screw ups, bad stuff, and straight evil stuff she did.

They turned her too dang fast and it was a discredit to comic hero Wanda. IMHO, it just makes any redemption feel hollow as hell.

As a wanda fan... what could she do heroically that would make up for all the torment, death and destruction she's been directly responsible for?
    I just have to wonder if they really thought what fans wanted to see was Wanda go evil and kill a bunch of people. I guess Elizabeth Olsen sold people on it more than they could.
    It is a shame we didn't get to see the Avengers like... function well as a team
    The MCU is just not conducive to having an active Avengers team being around. Or actually showing them doing stuff as a team beyond a single movie.

I mean, what even was the New Avengers' relationship with each other beyond what little we saw in the movies or the stuff they focused on? We'll probably never know. Did Sam like Wanda at all? Rhodey? Did any of them consider Vision a friend? Who knows.

Avengers are done and should be done except every 4-5 years when they need to do a HUGE Major event, otherwise, they can set things up in movies. The TV shows should be used to introduce new elements into the MCU and provide more backstory to certain elements that deserve more backstory, sorta like Loki is doing for Kang.
    The She-Hulks, Daredevil's, Falcon etc are better off in TV series as they are most likely minor characters in the big scheme. We all know the Thor's, Capt America's, Iron Man, Hulk etc. They don't need to be around in TV as much as the minor characters do so we can take these minor characters and make them major players.
    What they need to do is start introducing the a lot more villains.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Avengers are done and should be done except every 4-5 years when they need to do a HUGE Major event, otherwise, they can set things up in movies. The TV shows should be used to introduce new elements into the MCU and provide more backstory to certain elements that deserve more backstory, sorta like Loki is doing for Kang.
    The She-Hulks, Daredevil's, Falcon etc are better off in TV series as they are most likely minor characters in the big scheme. We all know the Thor's, Capt America's, Iron Man, Hulk etc. They don't need to be around in TV as much as the minor characters do so we can take these minor characters and make them major players.
    What they need to do is start introducing the a lot more villains.
    To be honest I'd love getting every day adventures with the main heroes but I know that's not practical.

Part of the reason the comics are so effective is the "day in the life" stuff for heroes we get on a monthly basis unlike the "events" of their solo movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I mean, what even was the New Avengers' relationship with each other beyond what little we saw in the movies or the stuff they focused on? We'll probably never know. Did Sam like Wanda at all? Rhodey? Did any of them consider Vision a friend? Who knows.
    Lol at Vision.

The one team member who does eat, sleep, or anything yet is conveniently missing when its needed lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Lol at Vision.

The one team member who does eat, sleep, or anything yet is conveniently missing when its needed lol
    And did, like, nothing in Infinity War .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And did, like, nothing in Infinity War .
    He tried to get Wanda killed being all lame and stuff...

Armor Wars is now going to be a movie instead of a series.

https://deadline.com/2022/09/marvel-...re-1235131204/

Deadline has confirmed that the Disney+ six-episode Armor Wars Marvel series will know be morphed into a movie.

Don Cheadle is expected to reprise his role as War Machine aka Colonel James Rhodes. Yassir Lester, who was on board for the series, will continue on with writing the movie.

The series was first announced during Disney Investor Day back in December 2020.

There is on director attached at this time or where the movie will be released in the 2023-2025 Marvel Cinematic Universe continuum.

The “Armor Wars” storyline ran through Iron Man (Vol. 1) #225 (December 1987) to #231 (June 1988), written by David Michelinie and Bob Layton with art by Mark Bright. In the series, also dubbed “The Stark Wars”, Iron Man encounters the Spymaster, who steals the Stark technology. Iron Man also comes up against Force, which sets up the plot of “Armor Wars” in the following issues.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Yup, the original article is at The Hollywood Reporter as confirmed by Marvel.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Niffleheim

Are Marvel Entertainment confirming it or they just repeating what THR reported?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I hope the Wolverine stuff in Deadpool 3 is their way to give the Foxverse X-Men their swan song, since they never got to do a proper wrap up movie before Disney bought FOX (ending their universe with Dark Phoenix and New Mutants was kinda depressing). And I hope that's all there is to it. No Foxverse stuff in the main MCU, please. Total reboot is the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Are Marvel Entertainment confirming it or they just repeating what THR reported?
    Why would the official Marvel website repost something if it wasn't true? This is as confirmative as it gets. lol

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I hope the Wolverine stuff in Deadpool 3 is their way to give the Foxverse X-Men their swan song, since they never got to do a proper wrap up movie before Disney bought FOX (ending their universe with Dark Phoenix and New Mutants was kinda depressing). And I hope that's all there is to it. No Foxverse stuff in the main MCU, please. Total reboot is the way.

Why would the official Marvel website repost something if it wasn't true? This is as confirmative as it gets. lol
    Now listen here Drops of Venus lol They didn't confirm it. They were just reporting what THR had reported. Nothing is official until we hear from Marvel Studios not Marvel Entertainment.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough