Page 548 of 775 FirstFirst ... 48448498538544545546547548549550551552558598648 ... LastLast
Results 8,206 to 8,220 of 11611
    Extraordinary Member

THR and Deadline's reporters are known to have inside sources at Marvel -- basically they, along with Variety, get scoops that Feige and co. actually want the public to know, as opposed to unauthorized leaks.

I don't know if the Marvel post is an official announcement or just someone at the website assuming that the THR post is a semi-official announcement, but it is as close to official as a "news" article can be.

Anyway I hope this actually turns out to be a thing and not just a way to kick this much-delayed can down the road. Rhodey may not be one of the better-cast characters in the MCU but the premise seems really good, and there's so much Iron Man content that they haven't used in the MCU yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    And I don't get the MCU fanboys telling other MCU fans to "not watch" MCU content if they don't agree with the rapid pace of the shows being released. Lots of us have been fans of the MCU just as long as ANYBODY ELSE and have watched all the shows and bought tons of merchandise. So those assholes can take their gatekeeping **** somewhere else as far as I'm concerned.
    Yeah, how dare they suggest you not waste your time and money on a product you're not enjoying. The audacity!

Just playin man. But they're not wrong. At one point, yeah you kinda had to watch every movie to keep up with what's going on, and every movie was built to appeal to comic nerds like us. But you don't have to see everything now. Fiege isn't expecting you to enjoy every show or movie anymore, as a lot of them are being built in different genres for different audiences. If you wanna skip Moon Knight or Eternals or Miss Marvel, it's cool. The MCU doesn't have to be for "us" every time all the time, and nobody should think they "have" to consume it all. I'm not crazy excited for Echo. I'll give it an episode or two outta curiosity, but if it's not to my liking I'll just stop watching. I'm sure that if something important to the larger MCU landscape happens, like Luke Cage showing up or the first on-screen Incursion, I'll hear about it, and I can always go back and watch whatever it was. No big deal. And maybe people who weren't watching the MCU before will get pulled in with Echo and become fans, and our legions will grow.

Not sure how to feel about Armor Wars becoming a film. Could be a good thing? I'm not happy to be losing hours worth of content, Rhodey needs that kind of screen time. But if it allows for a better experience I'm down.

Kinda feel the same way about Deadpool 3. I adored Logan, that movie was amazing. I was perfectly happy to let that be Jackman's last call. But if this is the best story Reynolds can tell, and it's good enough for Jackman to come back after such a beautiful exit, then okay. I didn't need all these former actors coming back (except Charlie Cox) to reprise their roles but if Jackman found out he has one more Wolverine story worth telling then...sure, entertain me.
    Last edited by Ascended; 09-29-2022 at 07:00 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Unfortunately, purely MCU, we didn't get enough "good hero Wanda" to make up for the screw ups, bad stuff, and straight evil stuff she did.

They turned her too dang fast and it was a discredit to comic hero Wanda. IMHO, it just makes any redemption feel hollow as hell.

As a wanda fan... what could she do heroically that would make up for all the torment, death and destruction she's been directly responsible for?
    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    They retcon the Darkhold thing as possession or some other type of thing that wasn't fully in her control, then she starts anonymously making it up to the people she hurt and the families of those she killed. Something like that. Also maybe flash back to her time as an Avenger and actually show the good she did, since most of that was offscreen between movies.

As with comic Wanda and "no more mutants" I'm not comfortable with the idea that a bad story should prevent a character from ever being in good stories. Just write it off as a mistake and carry on.
    The ideas foundations & stories based right out of the comics.

I think you must have a well-focused, detail, take your time paced, longer movie to it if not 2 to allow the story & her to go through her journey playing on the strengths of the Lore, character from the comics, as well as the acting ability which is impressive by Miss Olsen.

More important 1st is the realization we in a new phase of MCU Threats, we are on a new level of beings making their presences known in the MCU. Chlton is revealed, we are given the backstory of Wanda’s connection to him & the level of importance she plays in the Universes. This raises the stacks, gives clarity to her importance in the grand plans of the universes which leads to her journey becoming better like in the comics. I honest think no comeback happens yet until realization of what her destiny really is & actions like Training & self-discovery happens, until one can control at least a start of Chlton influence & power you can’t do much else otherwise it happens all over again.

Agatha needs to come back; bonds are formed and Training for real this time begins. Character development & secrets of the darkhold, chaos magic, chthlon & else are formed giving the viewer more context of what really the struggle is filling in the blanks to left by MoM in rushed story.

Then comes the comeback, mostly 1st battling against Chthlon influence, maybe some villains of his to show he will not take possession of Wanda as easily again.

That is then the other part, The Darkhold & Chthlon are shown the be the definitive causes of the events of MoM. It starts the fixing of the core of Wanda’s character, explains the OOC actions in MoM & now in her importance of becoming better from it, but it is not a fix of the damages that happening in MoM, only an explanation to get her characters ball rolling in the right direction.

Then from there the story can take many roads, I still think one of my ideas that is best is right out of Trial of Magneto.

That story gave a massive gamechanger in fixing Wanda 616 character in ways I never thought of, similar could happen in the MCU. I still don’t see the hole she is in the MCU as big or hard as the 616 one was but they made a story to fix her there, one is here to with ToM as the base’s idea. What idea 1 of many stories could be is a form of Resurrection or a way to bring back the dead that go killed or plus more, actions in this need to be creative like the Mutant Heaven in ToM. But their needs to be costs to Wanda, showing how far she is willing to go to make things right, it is another trial, that make her go threw the trials that she will bear the burdens to fix what went wrong. I don’t know the full scope of how this will happen, their have to be limits & burdens to it or it becomes overpowering & to much like an easy fix that could be used for other problems in the MCU, it has to be a 1 time trial not a Santa Claus gift.

These are just rough ideas I have thought of over time but based in comics as foundation. If you keep to the lore, show the Chtlon Connections, the real trials that has to it, the cause of the actions in MoM but still a desire to take responsibility like in the comics for the darkness & help to fix it better than before you the beginning bases of a comeback store to hopeful please both non & fan alike. This has to be story to please both ends of the audiences, that is most important.

Again these are rought but begining ideas, creative writers that do this for a living have better chances of Ironing out the details then I even could, I am just a fan, but I think of Wanda allot, so best I could do is a start of where I feel they might or should consider maybe going.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    As a wanda fan... what could she do heroically that would make up for all the torment, death and destruction she's been directly responsible for?
    Maybe she doesn't. Maybe she just tries forever to pay back something that can't be paid for. Which in and of itself is still selfless and heroic. Maybe she helps defeat a major threat that would've done far worse than she did. Maybe she stops an Incursion, or stops Kang from killing baby Steve Rogers, or whatever. Wanda's responsible for a lot of pain and suffering, and a lot of it she caused for selfish reasons, but other heroes have come back from worse. Well....maybe not worse, but still pretty bad.

Maybe she doesn't have to completely atone at all. Maybe without the influence of the Darkhold pushing her to be her worst self, Wanda could find a niche outside the "hero/villain" labels. Maybe she can just be someone motivated by her family, as she's always been in the MCU, which could leave her aligned with the Avengers or against them, depending on the circumstances. Hardcore Wanda fans might not like that, but it'd certainly be interesting and make Wanda a stand-out character in the growing crowd of MCU faces.

I do agree though, that we didn't see enough of Wanda as a hero. I feel like her heel turn would've been more impactful and would have felt more....organic?....balanced?....if we had seen more of her as an Avenger. Hopefully flashbacks, somewhere, can somewhat make up for that. Probably feel like "too little too late" but, also better late than never, right?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah, how dare they suggest you not waste your time and money on a product you're not enjoying. The audacity!

Just playin man. But they're not wrong. At one point, yeah you kinda had to watch every movie to keep up with what's going on, and every movie was built to appeal to comic nerds like us. But you don't have to see everything now. Fiege isn't expecting you to enjoy every show or movie anymore, as a lot of them are being built in different genres for different audiences. If you wanna skip Moon Knight or Eternals or Miss Marvel, it's cool. The MCU doesn't have to be for "us" every time all the time, and nobody should think they "have" to consume it all. I'm not crazy excited for Echo. I'll give it an episode or two outta curiosity, but if it's not to my liking I'll just stop watching. I'm sure that if something important to the larger MCU landscape happens, like Luke Cage showing up or the first on-screen Incursion, I'll hear about it, and I can always go back and watch whatever it was. No big deal. And maybe people who weren't watching the MCU before will get pulled in with Echo and become fans, and our legions will grow.

Not sure how to feel about Armor Wars becoming a film. Could be a good thing? I'm not happy to be losing hours worth of content, Rhodey needs that kind of screen time. But if it allows for a better experience I'm down.

Kinda feel the same way about Deadpool 3. I adored Logan, that movie was amazing. I was perfectly happy to let that be Jackman's last call. But if this is the best story Reynolds can tell, and it's good enough for Jackman to come back after such a beautiful exit, then okay. I didn't need all these former actors coming back (except Charlie Cox) to reprise their roles but if Jackman found out he has one more Wolverine story worth telling then...sure, entertain me.
    Oh, I get what you're saying. And I'm really happy for the comic book fans who have been waiting DECADES for this abundance of superhero content to be such a big part of popular culture. But it's not just the nerds and geeks watching this stuff anymore. I don't think it's unreasonable to slow down the pace of releases a little bit. I actually wanna watch everything, but it's been a little harder for me to do that lately, unfortunately (especially since the Marvel shows are so long). People who are upset about oversaturation largely are not upset about the MCU expanding, they just don't wanna fall behind and miss out on major events while others "get ahead" so to speak. I do feel it's a bit of "gatekeeping" if MCU fanboys just tell other fans to "stop watching" if they don't like the rapid release of MCU content these days. And with that attitude, I think lots of fans eventually will.

You're right to be disappointed with Rhodey losing hours of screentime should he appear in an MCU movie. But maybe there just wasn't enough material to sustain over five hours of television? I absolutely think that Cheadle can CARRY a movie though. I have to say Secret Invasion and Armor Wars are the projects I'm most excited about. I might be showing my age a bit, but I've been a HUGE fan of Don since PICKET FENCES. He was great in that thirty years ago and he's great now. I bet you don't remember that show. It was pretty popular back in the day.

I also went on a forum discussing television recently, and several posters admitted to souring on the MCU lately, but they are absolutely looking forward to Secret Invasion. And that's largely due to one person: Samuel L. Jackson. The dude's in his mid-70s now, and he's doesn't need to be working as hard as he is. But from what I've seen of Secret Invasion, that guy is not mailing ANYTHING in. Plus, I really like Olivia Coleman too. She regularly "classes up" whatever movie/show she's in. That cast is STACKED. So I'm not hating on the MCU at all. Hopefully SI is not TOO serious though. SLJ is hilarious.

I think most folks will be satisfied if Jackman plays Wolverine ONE final time. Maybe the movie will take place before the events of LOGAN. I do think it would be a mistake to have him do more appearances in the MCU after Deadpool 3 though.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 09-29-2022 at 08:50 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I do agree though, that we didn't see enough of Wanda as a hero. I feel like her heel turn would've been more impactful and would have felt more....organic?....balanced?....if we had seen more of her as an Avenger. Hopefully flashbacks, somewhere, can somewhat make up for that. Probably feel like "too little too late" but, also better late than never, right?
    That was the problem, MoM did not feel organic cause it was not organic, Head Writer Michael Waldron admit he saw very little of WandaVision & took very little from it, which cause a severe yet justified backlash against him & the film. When you don’t’ honor your stories before & just make it up as you go along by your own choices without considering canon before, you Become Min-Bendis which he did. I feel fan should be holding Michael Waldron & other more accountable for a sloppy & uncaring job they did in MoM then a fictional character in non-organic storytelling.

As for Not-enough hero Wanda I never got that, yea you can nit-pick when they where bad at the start of Age of Ultron but that is out of the comics, then they turn with the Avengers by then end. I feel it keeps getting Ignored to much her feats in between AoU & WandaVison & if we wonder why not more, she was B-Tier at best at those times, B-Tier if you got 1-2 good scenes be grateful you got noticed. I say them all but I like a Video remind us of them instead.

Last edited by CJStriker; 09-29-2022 at 09:07 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

MCU Director Slams Scoopers & Overhyping Blade & Moon Knight Cameos & says Just Enjoy the Product

Extraordinary Member

Some folks have such short memories as well when it comes to past mcu shows.
    I remember when there were only 3 mcu marvel shows out,agents of shield,daredevil, and agent carter(all non canon now) and there were some folks back then complaining it's to much for them and some said they would just stick to the movies.

Heck john campea was saying at the time agents of shield was a bad show and the cw shows arrow and the flash were much better.
    Of course that's full of non-sense.
    Last edited by mace11; 09-30-2022 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And did, like, nothing in Infinity War .
    IDK man, he begged for someone to kill him a lot lol.

(he was right though lolololol)

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Armor Wars is now going to be a movie instead of a series.

https://deadline.com/2022/09/marvel-...re-1235131204/

"Crap, Blade is a mess, we need to do something"

"Lets just make Armor War a movie. black for black trade. Hell, we can't think of a way to pad out the extra 4 hours anyway"

"brilliant"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Some folks have such short memories as well when it comes to past mcu shows.
    I remember when there were only 3 mcu marvel shows out,agents of shield,daredevil, and agent carter(all non canon now) and i there were some folks back then complaining it's to much for them and some said they would just stick to the movies.

Heck john campea was saying at the time agents of shield was a bad show and the cw shows arrow and the flash were much better.
    Of course that's full of non-sense.
    Difference is the haters are more aggressive plus expectations are higher than back in that year.

She-Hulk was #6 on this week's Nielsen streaming chart. The Rings of Power was #1.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Armor Wars is now going to be a movie instead of a series.

https://deadline.com/2022/09/marvel-...re-1235131204/
    Honestly I think this could be for the best, because the amount of CG and armor fights they're going to have, I don't think this would have really fit as a streaming show.

I don't think they would have quite been able to do a proper Armor Wars.

Blade's script is reportedly being totally rewritten. There is no way this movie makes its release date. I think Armor Wars will take its place.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly I think this could be for the best, because the amount of CG and armor fights they're going to have, I don't think this would have really fit as a streaming show.

I don't think they would have quite been able to do a proper Armor Wars.
    We woulda got one quick armor action sequence to start and then a rushed sequence in ep 6 lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    But it's not just the nerds and geeks watching this stuff anymore. I don't think it's unreasonable to slow down the pace of releases a little bit.
    Well, if you're gonna make content for different audiences, but still have the more mainstream, typical stuff we're used to, you kind of *need* to increase quantity. Two or three films a year just isn't enough to branch out, and if one experiment fails that's a whole third of your revenue stream. And Marvel can't really stop making the mainstream, typical MCU stuff because that demographic is the backbone of the audience. So it's either more content with a wider variety of sub/genres or no experimentation at all.

I actually wanna watch everything, but it's been a little harder for me to do that lately, unfortunately (especially since the Marvel shows are so long). People who are upset about oversaturation largely are not upset about the MCU expanding, they just don't wanna fall behind and miss out on major events while others "get ahead" so to speak.
    I get not wanting to fall behind, but there's no actual harm in that. Let a show sit in your que for a while until you have time for it, this isn't a race yknow? This stuff isn't going anywhere as long as your D+ subscription is active. And I mean, these shows only run for six-eight episodes a season with a run time between 30-45 minutes. 6-9 weeks go by between shows. Only one film hits each quarter, somewhere between 2 and 3 hours each. To binge everything you'd basically just have to set aside, like, twelve hours every four months or so. Plenty of time to keep up. If that's more time than you have to spend, then you're too busy man.

You're right to be disappointed with Rhodey losing hours of screentime should he appear in an MCU movie. But maybe there just wasn't enough material to sustain over five hours of television?
    Maybe? Maybe they decided it needed a budget beyond what the shows can handle? Who knows. As long as the story is good I don't care that much....but I *was* looking forward to Rhodes getting a full show. I've really appreciated the B-listers getting that much development and screen time. But hey, as long as it's fun I'm down.

I might be showing my age a bit, but I've been a HUGE fan of Don since PICKET FENCES. He was great in that thirty years ago and he's great now. I bet you don't remember that show. It was pretty popular back in the day.
    I remember that show. Never watched it, but I remember commercials for it.

I also went on a forum discussing television recently, and several posters admitted to souring on the MCU lately
    I was afraid people would feel that way after Endgame. But given the overall performance of the MCU I don't think the numbers actually support the opinion. Seems like, once you discount China, Russia, and other nations not carrying the films, the pandemic, and review bombing, phase 4 has been doing fine. Everybody worries about the superhero bubble bursting, but the internet is full of people claiming that the sky is falling. Those same people have been saying the MCU was in decline since Incredible Hulk.
    Last edited by Ascended; 09-30-2022 at 12:08 PM.

~ Black Panther.