Page 554 of 777 FirstFirst ... 54454504544550551552553554555556557558564604654 ... LastLast
Results 8,296 to 8,310 of 11642
    Extraordinary Member

I enjoyed WbN...classic horror vibe, practical effects and just the right amount of humor. I do wish that Bernal had affected an American or Eastern European accent though.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 10-07-2022 at 02:48 PM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Funny consider Elsa was originally blonde and American like Buffy.
    I have that mini series still and keep forgetting that she was a blond. It wasn't until Nextwave that they started to darken her hair right?

Werewolf by Night was great, I agree. Loved the black and white, loved the old school film vibe. They even had those little cigarette burns in the corner of the screen!

I know nothing of Elsa Bloodstone from the comics, but I got a bit of a "Jessica Jones meets Universal's Monsters" vibe here, which I'm digging. And we got just enough about Elsa and her family to make me actively want more. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long to see her and the other characters again.

Ted was excellent. Jack was quite good; solid actor and I like the way he approached the role and the little "dog" things, the scratching at fleas, turning in circles before sitting down, etc. Overall, just a real fun, charming addition to the MCU.

Really enjoyed Daredevil in She-Hulk this week too. Cox shifted tone without losing the character, the new acrobatics are great and distinctive, and I loved how they worked the Netflix theme in. And it was painfully obvious how they were gonna twist up the classic "Daredevil hallway fight" scene, but it was fun regardless. Actually, the episode overall was solid and I continue to enjoy how it not only calls out toxic fandom but turns it into an actual villain. Curious how the finale will play out, who'll show up, and where Jen will be when the dust settles.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Call him Man-Thing, cowards.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. That makes sense. But I think the movie should have went into this a little bit more. Mjolnir seemed more concerned about Thor's affection for the Stormbreaker than anything related to Jane. I think Thor 4 would have performed better if they went into the Mjolnir/Jane dynamic more. I just felt Jane's cancer storyline was handled very poorly in L&T, and it should have been more emotional than it actually was. I mean, I like humor. But jokes about the stages of cancer? That was even too much for me. I'm happy that they concluded Foster's story in the MCU though.
    You got it backwards.. it was STormbreaker jealous of Mjolnir. I don't think Mjolnir reacted one time to Thor the entire movie. He picked it up once to show he was still "worthy" and then had it at the end, that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would say Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel too, if only because they have a lot of ongoing comic material that their shows only briefly touched on.
    100% moon knight. They never even touched his "protector of the travelers of the night" thing as it was all off screen (groan). Not to mention bringing in a third personality, and of course... Bushmaster. The first season was all about MK the mental weirdo, but their are plenty of runs where it is MK the street level vigilante.

Plus I need a scene where Khonshu gushes over Punisher ASAP lol

Hell, the current run could easily be adapted to TV as well.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I take it this is Marvel's first R-rated production, the black and white color masked it a bit but it was very bloody. Seeing Man-Thing burn people up was awesome.
    Blade: The Series was made by Marvel Television and some others.

The non canon netflix mcu disney shows are rated R but not made under marvel studios,but marvel entertainment.

Agent of sheilds was not rated R but could get and has gotten really bloody.
    It was made by marvel entertainment.
    There was a episode in season 7 for example with mac that got really bloody and that show is not even rated R.

Punisher: War Zone was Distributed by Marvel Studios and that was rated R and really bloody.

Moon Knight and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
    Both have the same tv rating as the netflix shows,blade and werewolf by night.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-08-2022 at 11:16 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Oh and check this out.
    Blade's Wesley Snipes Says Character Doesn't Need to Be R-Rated
    The topic of R-rated superhero movies has long been a point of contention among fans on social media. The Marvel Cinematic Universe is Hollywood's largest franchise and has never featured anything rated more adult than the standard PG-13 rating. Other projects like The Boys, however, push the boundaries with hardcore violence and language, taking the TV-MA or R designations to new heights.

In the debates, many look to the Blade trilogy of the late-1990s and early-2000s for guidance. The films feature Wesley Snipes' cult-favorite Eric Brooks and each of the three pictures was rated R for violence and language. Still, Snipes himself tells us he doesn't think that is a requirement of the vampire-hunting Marvel character.

"I think those kind of stories lend themselves to a wide range of dialogue and situations. Both adult and young adult," Snipes tells us of the ratings debate. "I don't know, it seems like the R-rating and PG-13 base is sliding now because it seems that now the 13-year-olds can speak better words than the adults can."

Whatever the case, the actor says the story needs to be dedicated to the source material. If the story is faithful to its inspiration, Snipes says you can't go wrong.
    "As long as it's true and organic to the subject matter, the plot, and the world that's created," he adds. "If there's consistency, I think it's fine [to be PG-13]."

After the Blade trilogy, it took a few years to see mainstream superheroes dip their toes back in adult-oriented storytelling. It wasn't until 20th Century Fox's Deadpool franchise took off where the discussion became as prevalent as ever. Now that the property is owned by Marvel Studios, the likes of Kevin Feige have said it will remain R-rated instead of falling in line with the studio's other films and television shows.

We spoke to Snipes in support of The Exiled, an original graphic novel that is now funding on Kickstarter. The Blade trilogy is now streaming on HBO Max. The Marvel Studios Blade reboot has yet to set a release date.

What other characters would you like to see make up the MCU's new Midnight Suns team? Let us know your thoughts either in the comments section or by hitting our writer @AdamBarnhardt up on Twitter to chat all things MCU!

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/bl...to-be-rated-r/

Note- I just listed the tv-ma rated shows the mcu has done already and more recently and non mcu punisher movie they Distributed as well.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-08-2022 at 12:25 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Captain America 4 Director CONFIRMS MCU's New Falcon & More
    Last edited by mace11; 10-08-2022 at 02:53 PM.

Extraordinary Member

She-Hulk is Certified Fresh On Rotten Tomatoes

Note- there is some talk about the RT audience scores as well.

Finished watching Werewolf By Night and happy to say it exceeded my expectations and so far is my favorite Phase 4 entry.

FeT5RkZUAAAObVy.jpg
    The MCU wizards

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    FeT5RkZUAAAObVy.jpg
    The MCU wizards
    Well, it would be nice if Loki was actually allowed to be a proper mage in the MCU. His own show did him dirty by showing his variants being better at spellcasting than he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Well, it would be nice if Loki was actually allowed to be a proper mage in the MCU. His own show did him dirty by showing his variants being better at spellcasting than he is.
    Or treating Loki as just a guy who fights with knives most of the time compared to how he was in...most of his movie appearances.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Blade: The Series was made by Marvel Television and some others.

The non canon netflix mcu disney shows are rated R but not made under marvel studios,but marvel entertainment.

Agent of sheilds was not rated R but could get and has gotten really bloody.
    It was made by marvel entertainment.
    There was a episode in season 7 for example with mac that got really bloody and that show is not even rated R.

Punisher: War Zone was Distributed by Marvel Studios and that was rated R and really bloody.

Moon Knight and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
    Both have the same tv rating as the netflix shows,blade and werewolf by night.
    Here are some other shows made by marvel that have the same tv rating as werewolf by night.

Helstrom
    Hawkeye
    She-Hulk: Attorney at Law
    Loki
    Cloak and Dagger
    Runaways
    Last edited by mace11; 10-09-2022 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Call him Man-Thing, cowards.
    Ha! You kidding, I love that the big scary swamp monster is called by such a basic, simple name.

I'd guess Marvel probably won't call him Man-Thing due to the obvious double meaning, and that is a little bit silly, but it's hard not to get a kick out of this thing running around, scaring people and setting them on fire, and then answering to "Ted."
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.