Page 557 of 775 FirstFirst ... 57457507547553554555556557558559560561567607657 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,355 of 11619

A special forces soldier can kick way more ass than a general can. That doesn't mean that soldier deserves to be general though. There is a good reason why that soldier and the general are in their positions.
    And he stinks at that because his main soldier ignores him and his orders, and he doesn't put his foot down leading to more trouble. That's a bad general when your troops all ignore you! SS job is to deal with monsters and other crap, and he has got his butt kicked or needed strange to save him. Not a good start for ss and he has been that for 5 years. How did he not die during the blip without strange to save him or do his job I'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    And he stinks at that because his main soldier ignores him and his orders, and he doesn't put his foot down leading to more trouble. That's a bad general when your troops all ignore you! SS job is to deal with monsters and other crap, and he has got his butt kicked or needed strange to save him. Not a good start for ss and he has been that for 5 years. How did he not die during the blip without strange to save him or do his job I'll never know.
    Because you only see big events that make everyone struggle. Strange is getting his ass kicked too in those events. Also not everyone is ignoring him. It's literally a single person and that persons character arc included finally bowing to Wong and accepting his role in the latest movie.
    Wong is the far more mature character between the two. He is humble, dedicated, serious and quite knowledgeable in everything magic.
    Also again a leader coordinates and decides the best way of action. A general isn't fighting on the frontlines. The job of the SS isn't to fight monsters. That's the job of the entire Sorcerer organization.
    "This is me being reasonable"

It's literally a single person and that persons character arc included finally bowing to Wong and accepting his role in the latest movie.
    Didn't get that at all. Strange felt like he was calling the shots at the end fight anyways and came up with the plan to use the zombie strange. Wong spent much of the fight climbing a mountain.

Lets not get started on why is wong letting rejects like the magician in she-hulk keep sling rings when they failed leading to demons coming into earth. Strange and wong both do dumb things. Shouldn't that ring be taken from the rejects on the way out the door as it's a huge danger?

He could be better but that's not what marvel is showing us. I like wong but sorry still think he stinks so for as ss. Just going to agree to disagree and move on.

Maybe he will be used better in upcoming films but so far not impressed at all. Again, agree to disagree and I'm moving on.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 10-11-2022 at 08:32 AM.

Extraordinary Member

The article also confirms the rumor that there is a new writer on the project (Beau DeMayo, who is the head writer for the animated X-Men reboot). They were about to go into production with a script by a different writer.

Like I said, I was wondering if the script problems of the last two MCU movies were a new normal for the MCU, and losing the director and writer moments before shooting, and delaying production because the script isn't good enough to shoot, makes me think the problem is bigger than just the disruption caused by the pandemic.
    Last edited by gurkle; 10-11-2022 at 11:25 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The irony being the one reason they didn't have him in First Avenger was so they didn't end up wasting him...only to then end up doing that when he did appear.

MCU's villain problem at it's finest.
    I mean, he served his purpose. Sure he could've done more, but that could be said with any facet of the MCU (or comics in general). It seems as if they left HYDRA to Agents of SHIELD, who I would say had more need of the organization than the movies did. It (and Strucker) served their purpose and they moved on from it.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I guess I'm not surprised.

I wonder how long Ali will wait for.
    Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I mean, he served his purpose. Sure he could've done more, but that could be said with any facet of the MCU (or comics in general). It seems as if they left HYDRA to Agents of SHIELD, who I would say had more need of the organization than the movies did. It (and Strucker) served their purpose and they moved on from it.
    I think the problem with Marvel Villains is that usually they just "serve a purpose" and they don't really put much investment or attention to them or just unceremoniously drop them, and in doing so basically waste a lot of characters.

I also don't think Marvel Studios at the time cared all that much about AoS.

There's a lot of stuff the MCU could just do better with.

Niffleheim

a lot of Marvel Studios delays.

'Blade' - September 6, 2024
    'Deadpool 3' - November 8, 2024
    'Fantastic Four' - February 14, 2025
    'Avengers: Secret Wars' - May 1, 2026

https://deadline.com/2022/10/blade-f...ft-1235141388/
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member

I think the problem with Marvel Villains is that usually they just "serve a purpose" and they don't really put much investment or attention to them or just unceremoniously drop them, and in doing so basically waste a lot of characters.

I also don't think Marvel Studios at the time cared all that much about AoS.
    Exactly my point. Which is why Marvel Studios were more than happy to let them have at HYDRA and all affiliated characters.

Agreed. But out of all their mistakes, I really don't consider Tony creating Ultron and their dismissal of a throwaway character among them (IM3 and Dark World, OTOH...). Strucker may be big (relatively speaking, anyway) in the comics, but if the MCU has proven anything, not everything has to be a direct translation for it to be a gargantuan success.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    a lot of Marvel Studios delays.

'Blade' - September 6, 2024
    'Deadpool 3' - November 8, 2024
    'Fantastic Four' - February 14, 2025
    'Avengers: Secret Wars' - May 1, 2026

https://deadline.com/2022/10/blade-f...ft-1235141388/
    OMG! Marvel is going out of business! They have no clue what they are doing! AHHHH!!!!!! /s

Marvel's always wasted their villains, obvious exceptions aside. The bad guy is just there to be an external representation of the hero's inner conflict so the hero can literally punch his/her problems in the face.

It's a problem I really would have thought they'd have overcome by now, but whatever.

Pretty much everything honestly, as far as narrative goes. So many things they skipped over, ignored, or just brushed on.....so many wasted opportunities. And so many times they've zigged on a plot when they should have zagged. But their casting and costuming is usually pretty amazing.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    OMG! Marvel is going out of business! They have no clue what they are doing! AHHHH!!!!!! /s
    Pushing back the release dates of movies doesn't mean they don't know what they're doing or maybe you're joking and I can't tell then sorry in advance.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member

Deleted by user
    Last edited by gurkle; 10-11-2022 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Pushing back the release dates of movies doesn't mean they don't know what they're doing or maybe you're joking and I can't tell then sorry in advance.
    I am joking, the /s means end of sarcasm.
    Just something that's been going on in the DC side since, well, seems like forever. Even one today....

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    I am joking, the /s means end of sarcasm.
    Just something that's been going on in the DC side since, well, seems like forever. Even one today....
    Ah! I didn't know that. I'll remember that next time.