Page 561 of 775 FirstFirst ... 61461511551557558559560561562563564565571611661 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,415 of 11620
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Who was asking for Thunderbolt Ross to be recast?

Who thought Harrison Ford would be a good Thunderbolt Ross?

Why does Sam Wilson's first Captain America movie need to be a stealth Hulk movie?

Are they just that determined to have Red Hulk show up?
    Red Hulk was created in 2008 and to Kevin Feige, the golden age of Marvel comics is the era around the time he was starting the MCU, with maybe the occasional John Byrne comic thrown in.

If someone did it in a comic from the mid-to-late 2000s, Feige wants to use it in a movie. We're talking about the guy who made the third Spider-Man movie infused with elements of "One More Day," because it's from the late 2000s and therefore holy scripture.

Why does Sam Wilson's first Captain America movie need to be a stealth Hulk movie?
    wait wait what now?!
    The J-man

Mighty Member

While I love Harrison Ford, he's an icon and all that and love that he's Thunderbolt Ross, it's 15 years too late. He's 80 years old. One film or 2 and they'd have to replace the character again. The character from the comics looks like mid 50s so an actor at that age range would be great.

Where is Harrison Ford confirmed as General Ross?

Who was asking for Thunderbolt Ross to be recast?

Who thought Harrison Ford would be a good Thunderbolt Ross?

Are they just that determined to have Red Hulk show up?
    As an obvious T'challa fan its just...

wow. just wow.

He's barely in the ground and they didn't even hesitate.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Fantastic Member

I think the difference between recasting Ross (and War Machine in the past) and T'Challa, is what the first two are minor characters, while T'Challa was main character in solo film and played an important role in all of his other appearances from the first to the last. Personally I don't even remember when and where Thunderbolt Ross appeared in MCU; so I wouldn't notice the change of his actor at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    I think the difference between recasting Ross (and War Machine in the past) and T'Challa, is what the first two are minor characters, while T'Challa was main character in solo film and played an important role in all of his other appearances from the first to the last. Personally I don't even remember when and where Thunderbolt Ross appeared in MCU; so I wouldn't notice the change of his actor at all.
    IF he was such a minor character of unimportance, why bother recasting? just move on

that argument goes both ways.

Terrance didn't die, he's just a loon

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    IF he was such a minor character of unimportance, why bother recasting? just move on

that argument goes both ways.

Terrance didn't die, he's just a loon
    Exactly because he is minor; people like me wouldn't notice the change. To me, if they didn't said it was a recast, I would have assumed what Ford is the first actor who would play Thunderbolt Ross, because I don't remember what he appeared in MCU before. My only thought about the choice was what Ford is too old, and they should have instead brought back Adrian Pasdar who played Ross in Agents of SHIELD. But as I already checked, he was actually playing another general - Glenn Talbot, not Thunderbolt Ross. But to me they are kind of the same, they are just representatives of military, nothing else, they are interchangeable.

Same goes for War Machine - his role was minor in first Iron Man, so I completely forgot about him and thought what the character was always played by Don Cheadle. I have only learned about it when the talks about recasting T'Challa started.

. Personally I don't even remember when and where Thunderbolt Ross appeared in MCU; so I wouldn't notice the change of his actor at all.
    He was in black widow.

Waiting for Deadline/Variety/Hollywood Reporter or literally any official source besides comic book gossip sites to confirm Harrison Ford's casting. Right now it's only CBR and one other place outright claiming he's been cast.

Still, it's such a weird casting. Harrison Ford notoriously hates fandoms and he is about to join something which has a Star Wars-esque fandom. He is also 80 years old, William Hurt was 72 when he passed away. If you're going to recast why would you go for an even older actor? Unless Harrison is in it for just two movies and passing the torch for his character? I don't get it. Ross was practically on his death bed throughout Black Widow you could easily kill him off off screen, name the Thunderbolts after him and have other characters take his place. Val seemed set to be Ross's replacement even before Hurt's passing. Unlike T'Challa, MCU Ross isn't so important that can't have other characters take him place or have existing characters take on his role. Could have been a good opportunity to bring in MCU version of Norman Osborn or John Ryker as his replacement.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

So Betty is now the only TIH character unaccounted for.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Waiting for Deadline/Variety/Hollywood Reporter or literally any official source besides comic book gossip sites to confirm Harrison Ford's casting. Right now it's only CBR and one other place outright claiming he's been cast.

Still, it's such a weird casting. Harrison Ford notoriously hates fandoms and he is about to join something which has a Star Wars-esque fandom.
    Money

say 20 lines, make millinos of dollars, the rest is CGI Rulk

I mean, he was in Civil War and both IW and EG, the first (and only) Hulk movie, and Black Widow. I think he's appeared in enough major stuff to be recognizable.
    Exactly because he is minor; people like me wouldn't notice the change. To me, if they didn't said it was a recast, I would have assumed what Ford is the first actor who would play Thunderbolt Ross, because I don't remember what he appeared in MCU before. My only thought about the choice was what Ford is too old, and they should have instead brought back Adrian Pasdar who played Ross in Agents of SHIELD. But as I already checked, he was actually playing another general - Glenn Talbot, not Thunderbolt Ross. But to me they are kind of the same, they are just representatives of military, nothing else, they are interchangeable.

Same goes for War Machine - his role was minor in first Iron Man, so I completely forgot about him and thought what the character was always played by Don Cheadle. I have only learned about it when the talks about recasting T'Challa started.
    Pasdar feels more convincing as Talbot than Ross.

I dunno, I feel like Hurt appeared in enough movies to where he created an image of the character and to where people would recognize him. Especially major ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Money

say 20 lines, make millinos of dollars, the rest is CGI Rulk
    Yeah, the only reason I see them doing this is to get him to transform into Red Hulk and be just CGI.

Then again, I don't see why Ford would sign on for a role that involves extensive voiceover and mo-cap.

General Ross being recast is in no way comparable to T'Challa and you all know it lol he doesn't mean nearly enough, in real life, as Boseman did.
    Last edited by 80sbaby; 10-14-2022 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Can't believe they're really adapting spoilers:
    Skaar
    end of spoilers of all characters. I've always thought he was lame as hell and he looks even worse on screen.
    I hope it doesn't hurt the chances of spoilers:
    Hulkling
    end of spoilers appearing soon.
    spoilers:
    This right here! I had fun with the She-Hulk finale but the reveal of Skaar terrified me. I've been fearing that they were going to have him replace Hulkling on whatever young hero team they are setting up. If they do that then I'll go to Marvel Studios myself and speak to K.E.V.I.N. Hulkling is way cooler but with so many changes done to the Kree and Skrulls I just don't know.
    end of spoilers