Page 564 of 777 FirstFirst ... 64464514554560561562563564565566567568574614664 ... LastLast
Results 8,446 to 8,460 of 11649
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Moon Knight and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
    Both have the same tv rating as the netflix shows,blade and werewolf by night.
    Getting back to what will be the first rated R project in the mcu and some corrections.

There are no rated R projects made by marvel studios in the past,so werewolf by night is tv-14,not TV-ma.
    Punisher: War Zone was Distributed by Marvel Studios and that was rated R and really bloody but not made by marvel studios to be more clear on that.

Now the mcu non canon shows on netflix are rated R/TV-MA and they were made by marvel tv and abc studios,under disney.

Here are some of projects being made now under marvel studios that will be rated R/TV-MA.

Deadpool 3 and marvel zombies on disney plus.

Marvel Studios' First R-Rated Show Gets Record-Breaking Episode Count

Over recent years, superhero fans have begun craving more mature projects, as has been showcased by the likes of Daredevil and Titans. The coveted R-rating has only been slapped on select a few comic book projects - including The Suicide Squad and Deadpool - but the MCU has long avoided entering that area... until now.

As part of Marvel Studios' upcoming Multiverse Saga slate, the studio will take its first dip into that avenue with Deadpool 3, opening up a suite of new opportunities for the MCU. On the television side, Werewolf by Night came close to becoming the studio's first TV-MA endeavor, but that honor will instead go to Marvel Zombies.

The upcoming animated series will spin-off from the "What If... Zombies?!" installment of What If...? and see iconic Marvel characters living through a zombie apocalypse and going up against undead heroes and villains. Set to appear as survivors are the likes of Shang-Chi, Kate Bishop, Ms. Marvel, and more favorites.

Fans are elated to finally see mature content coming from Marvel Studios, fulfilling years of pleas. But that hasn't been the only hot topic in the MCU fandom lately, as many have been up-in-arms over short runtimes and episode counts. And while Marvel Zombies may deliver on its rating, many will be disappointed with its length.

Marvel Zombies Reveals Surprising Episode Count

Speaking to Comicbook at New York Comic-Con, Marvel Zombies executive producer Zeb Wells revealed the episode count of the TV-MA (R-rating equivalent) animated What If...? spin-off series. Wells confirmed the undead epic will run for just four episodes, breaking the record for the shortest MCU Disney+ series looking at episode count:

"So I did not do [the Zombie episode] but I'm doing the spin-off. So it's not out yet. But I love that episode too, so when I got the call that they were going to do a spin-off from that episode, I was like 'oh yeah, let's do it.' So it's four episodes, not sure when it comes yet, but it's looking really cool."

The list of Marvel Studios' Disney+ episode counts so far can be seen below:

WandaVision - 9 episodes
    The Falcon and the Winter Soldier - 6 episodes
    Loki - 6 episodes
    What If...? - 9 episodes
    Hawkeye - 6 episodes
    Moon Knight - 6 episodes
    Ms. Marvel - 6 episodes
    I Am Groot - 5 episodes
    She-Hulk: Attorney at Law - 9 episodes

Marvel Zombies should still prove to be a sprawling tale despite its short length, judging by how many MCU characters have already been confirmed to appear.

Marvel Zombies Release Date, Violence Level, and More

Given how passionate MCU fans have been with regard to seeing longer projects, many will undoubtedly be disappointed to discover Marvel Zombies will be just four episodes. This news comes as a particular shock after the MCU's only other animated series, What If...?, came in with nine episodes.

However, a common theme that has run through the MCU Disney+ series so far has been that the shorter shows produce longer episodes (excluding I Am Groot), and vice versa. All three of the nine-episode seasons have released chapters around the 30-minute mark, while the six-episode outings usually produce 40-50-minute runtimes.

With this logic in mind, perhaps Marvel Zombies' four episodes will each fall at the upper end of that spectrum with longer animated installments. Alternatively, perhaps the story Marvel Studios wants to tell is just a shorter one, in which case the creative team shouldn't be pushed to drag out the season for runtime's sake.

And while the episode count may be shorter than any Disney+ project in the MCU to date, its rating will allow for something that MCU fans haven't seen from this franchise before.

Giving an R-rating to an animated project like Marvel Zombies most likely means that the violence will be unleashed to levels that the movies haven't explored, making things much bloodier and graphic in a manner that hopefully lends itself to a stronger story. While there may also be more explicit language, the unique TV-MA rating will likely be more influenced by the visuals and sound effects as fans feel the full effects of watching zombies take over the MCU landscape.

Marvel Studios has yet to set an exact release date for Marvel Zombies, but the animated series will arrive on Disney+ at some point in 2024. As of now, the studio has yet to confirm whether a second season may be on the table, or if this will be told as a one-off limited series.

https://thedirect.com/article/marvel...ce=parsely-api

and

Marvel Studios’ Next Disney+ Project Was Almost R-Rated
    https://thedirect.com/article/marvel...y-plus-r-rated

I hope the Marvel Zombies show tones down the jokes.

(Looks at cast)

Well, nevermind.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope the Marvel Zombies show tones down the jokes.
    Well the show could deliberately go for black humor, but even then I agree it's better in small doses and reserved for characters historically known for banter. Like Spidey. Done well it can serve to highlight the horrifying discordance with being a zombie still sentient and smart enough to crack a joke.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Well the show could deliberately go for black humor, but even then I agree it's better in small doses and reserved for characters historically known for banter. Like Spidey. Done well it can serve to highlight the horrifying discordance with being a zombie still sentient and smart enough to crack a joke.
    They really went a little too far with the jokes in that episode.

"Pew Pew."

"I should feel more bad about this."

"Ew, I have Sharon all over me"

"I guess that's the end of the line."

Basically all of Scott's dialogue.

Benedict subtly throwing shade at Dr Strange: MoM.

The infamous 'do I even have a character arc in this?" quote from a podcast: https://twitter.com/Wanda/status/1467088228821909510

"Jokingly" saying that he had his thunder stolen many times in MoM when asked if anyone has stolen his thunder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aVdPqRE4RY

More recently, saying that he felt like he (and a few other members of the crew) were the only one safeguarding his character:

It’s strange, apart from some of the crew, I think I was the only person continuing the story and sort of safeguarding Strange, guiding his character into being and sometimes even educating people about another, which is a very weird responsibility because I still feel like I’ve got a lot more to discover
    https://www.prestigeonline.com/hk/pe...ess-interview/

I think he is at the same point that Hemsworth was pre Ragnarok. It's likely going to take a radical change in direction or bringing back Derrickon and letting him make the Dr Strange movie he wanted to make in order to keep Benedict interested enough to play the character.

I completely understand his frustration. MoM was a total misfire. Usually I find something redeeming in even the so called 'worst' Marvel movie (TDW, IM2&3). But MoM was just bad and no amount of Sam Raimi visuals can make up for it.

As far as the MCU is concerned Cap is the only one with the most consistent character arc.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Astonishing Member

Some leaks from Black Panther's next movie say that the reign of Namor is not going to be Atlantis. Any idea why they changed it? Is it to avoid confusion with Aquaman's movies or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Some leaks from Black Panther's next movie say that the reign of Namor is not going to be Atlantis. Any idea why they changed it? Is it to avoid confusion with Aquaman's movies or what?
    That and give him a new identity around Mayan Astec culture.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Now looking at cinemascores for phase 4 some of movies are in B'S so you could say on average it's the least enjoyable phase on average compared to past phases and that could be varied reasons but more folks think phase 4 is the strongest phase so far and it more liked it looking at the rt scores and comparing them to phase 3 and other mcu phases.

I updated this as well.
    Are they really a loud minority? Feels like a consistent opinion that this phase is the weakest one so far from what I've seen. Now to be fair, there was always going to be this feeling with many people after Endgame but still

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Benedict subtly throwing shade at Dr Strange: MoM.

The infamous 'do I even have a character arc in this?" quote from a podcast: https://twitter.com/Wanda/status/1467088228821909510

"Jokingly" saying that he had his thunder stolen many times in MoM when asked if anyone has stolen his thunder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aVdPqRE4RY

More recently, saying that he felt like he (and a few other members of the crew) were the only one safeguarding his character:

https://www.prestigeonline.com/hk/pe...ess-interview/

I think he is at the same point that Hemsworth was pre Ragnarok. It's likely going to take a radical change in direction or bringing back Derrickon and letting him make the Dr Strange movie he wanted to make in order to keep Benedict interested enough to play the character.

I completely understand his frustration. MoM was a total misfire. Usually I find something redeeming in even the so called 'worst' Marvel movie (TDW, IM2&3). But MoM was just bad and no amount of Sam Raimi visuals can make up for it.

As far as the MCU is concerned Cap is the only one with the most consistent character arc.
    Even Elizabeth Olsen admitted it didn't feel like she was playing the same character she did in WandaVision, but she committed to it anyways because she cares about Wanda so much.

I guess a Dark Dimension adventure with Clea could be potentially a gamechanger for Strange if they execute it well...or even do anything with it.

I'd say Scott's character arc has been pretty consistent as well.

Extraordinary Member

I mean, from phase 1 on it was building towards Endgame. After that was over, they pretty much had to clear the board for the next big thing. To continue to build from Endgame on (which I suspect more than a few fans would've preferred), would've been untenable to say the least.
    Last edited by phonogram12; 10-17-2022 at 12:41 PM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Yup, only the trinity (Cap, Stark, & Thor) had a real arc up until Endgame. Then Thor's got completely screwed in his forth film.

I mean even Pete didn't really even have an arc other than "hey Mr. Stark..."

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Yup, only the trinity (Cap, Stark, & Thor) had a real arc up until Endgame. Then Thor's got completely screwed in his forth film.

I guess the Guardians kind of had an arc (that will be concluded in Vol. 3) but the development and focus wasn't evenly distributed (I think Drax got hit with this a lot and Mantis is the most ancillary member of the team at this point).

Peter had this weird arc where they kept taking him in "new and different" directions and make him so focused and tethered to another character but then had to course-correct for the third film in some last-minute Spider-Man movie franchise tribute that wasn't even the original plan.

And he still barely quips.

If Phase Four had no characters and stories in it that were introduced in previous phases, it would be a literal new start and much easier to follow. I do think the Hulk needs to have at least ONE movie and/or show to flesh out his character. Too many things that happened to him in the MCU happened off-screen. I don't know if Universal will ever let that happen though. Since Ruffalo's been in the MCU for a decade now, I think the next two years will be crucial. I've always said that the main MCU characters should never last more than 12 years in the franchise. The producers of the James Bond property usually ask the actors playing Bond to commit to 10-12 years. Anything longer than that and the continuity gets stretched and it's hard to keep things consistent (and exciting). And with more characters getting added, the universe(s) just get crowded. I'm at a loss to how the Strange and Thor franchises will move forward. Their last two movies didn't do their characters ANY favors. I don't feel there's that much interest for more Strange and Thor movies in the immediate future. I also believe Waititi and Hemsworth have done all they can with Thor at this point as well. I hate seeing the Thor franchise possibly concluding on such a downer note. I still think Ragnarok is one of the best superhero movies ever.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 10-17-2022 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

They basically discarded Thor's arc from Ragnarok entirely when they brought him into Infinity War and Endgame. I'm not shocked Taika didn't have a strong take after that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Are they really a loud minority? Feels like a consistent opinion that this phase is the weakest one so far from what I've seen. Now to be fair, there was always going to be this feeling with many people after Endgame but still
    No,phase 4 is the least enjoyable on average but not the weakest going by cinemascores and average RT scores.
    So it's a loud minority plus it has more projects then any other phases and it's the most diverse and the most political,so it would get certain channels talking more if you know what i mean.
    Heck certain folks who were not that interested in marvel for example starting talking more about the marvel comics/mcu etc who were from other fandoms like star wars,dc etc.. just to start trouble,click bait etc...

Phase 4 is overall the strongest for critics and audiences (RT scores) but on average the least enjoyable for audinences(cinemascores )looking at some of the movies of phase 4(thor 4,eternals and doctors strange) that have B cineamscores and not A'S.
    The shows don't have cinemascores so i could only go by rt scores,imdb,metacritic etc..to get a more of a true idea.

I don't go by talk on certain youtube channels etc.. that have an agenda plus most still on youtube are still enjoying phase 4.
    The only way i go by how the average person/casuals like something is RT scores and cinemascores that are verified.

For tv audiences scores on RT AND IMDB for example are not verified so they count less not as legitimate.
    So i will trust the critics more for the ms.marvel series then the audiences,even more so reading reports it was reviewed bombed like she hulk.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-26-2022 at 06:21 PM.