Page 565 of 776 FirstFirst ... 65465515555561562563564565566567568569575615665 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,475 of 11633
    Mighty Member
    Last edited by Beantownbrown; 10-17-2022 at 06:09 PM.

Was anyone asking for this? Hurt just died this year.

Honestly I can't see Ford as Ross at all, let alone carrying on from Hurt's take. It feels too much like stunt casting.

I guess we're getting Red Hulk then.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

On a logical level, I understand why William Hurt wasn't the same as Chadwick Boseman within the MCU. Chadwick probably meant something for the team behind Black Panther that William likely never meant to anyone in the MCU, let alone a brand new franchise like Thunderbolts. That being said, I really think it was a bad idea for Kevin Feige to JUST RECENTLY say in an interview that they weren't recasting T'Challa because ''it was too soon''. That's such a bad choice of words if your next door production is doing just that, you know? That's just gonna fuel the fire of the #RecastT'Challa movement.

And then there's the fact that Harrison is even older than the previous actor, so I wonder what long term plans they have here, if any. I don't think anyone would've complained if a younger actor played Robert Maverick's Red Hulk. Then again, the fact that there is a potential new Hulk involved might just be the key to all of that. Maybe they're just gonna slap a CGI monster there and the casting is pretty much just for show. If Harrison can't or won't stay in the franchise for very long, then replacing him would be easier this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    On a logical level, I understand why William Hurt wasn't the same as Chadwick Boseman within the MCU. Chadwick probably meant something for the team behind Black Panther that William likely never meant to anyone in the MCU, let alone a brand new franchise like Thunderbolts. That being said, I really think it was a bad idea for Kevin Feige to JUST RECENTLY say in an interview that they weren't recasting T'Challa because ''it was too soon''. That's such a bad choice of words if your next door production is doing just that, you know? That's just gonna fuel the fire of the #RecastT'Challa movement.
    I agree with this. I wanted them to recast T'Challa but completely understand why they didn't. However the optics here are bad, especially citing the recent Feig interview you mentioned. There's a difference in the scenarios, of course but that won't stop some from trying to use it to validate their feelings on the matter. It's already happening in the BP topic here.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Default Marvel Studios Has Reportedly Found Its Mephisto

A new rumor reported by multiple sources indicates that Marvel Studios might've found its Mephisto, and he might finally show up in a Disney+ series.

A new report indicates that Marvel Studios might have its Mephisto, and he might just end up appearing in the upcoming Ironheart.

----------

And yeah, when I read the name I thought, "HIM?!"
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

I think they should have Robert Maverick's Red Hulk in the mcu as well,more so if Harrison ford does not stick around long enough.

Note-
    I edited some stuff on the last page.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-17-2022 at 07:30 PM.

I don't understand the reason why
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    A new rumor reported by multiple sources indicates that Marvel Studios might've found its Mephisto, and he might finally show up in a Disney+ series.

A new report indicates that Marvel Studios might have its Mephisto, and he might just end up appearing in the upcoming Ironheart.

----------

Why is there so much magic in Ironheart? I guess she needs to have a gimmick? Or magic is that much easier on the budget?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

More casting news from the rumor mill.

RUMOR: Lucifer's Tom Ellis Might Play the Fantastic 4's Reed Richards in the MCU

Rumors suggest Tom Ellis, known for playing the Devil on Netflix's Lucifer, is being considered for the Fantastic Four's Reed Richards in the MCU.

https://www.cbr.com/lucifer-tom-elli...rds-mcu-rumor/

Given how his most famous role is Lucifer, I picture him more as the evil Ultimate Reed aka Maker.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

More casting news from the rumor mill.

RUMOR: Lucifer's Tom Ellis Might Play the Fantastic 4's Reed Richards in the MCU

Rumors suggest Tom Ellis, known for playing the Devil on Netflix's Lucifer, is being considered for the Fantastic Four's Reed Richards in the MCU.

https://www.cbr.com/lucifer-tom-elli...rds-mcu-rumor/

Given how his most famous role is Lucifer, I picture him more as the evil Ultimate Reed aka Maker.
    Sure beats Twitters idea of having Miles Teller play Maker. Lmao.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Was anyone asking for this? Hurt just died this year.
    And dumbledore was recast right away for harry potter. Ross is a comic character who has been around since the 60s not made for the mcu who has had other versions in movies, shows and comics.

You recast! Black panther should have been recast and so should have princess liea.

The old saying-

"The actor plays the character; the character doesn't play the actor!"

You recast!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    And dumbledore was recast right away for harry potter. Ross is a comic character who has been around since the 60s not made for the mcu who has had other versions in movies, shows and comics.

You recast! Black panther should have been recast and so should have princess liea.

The old saying-

"The actor plays the character; the character doesn't play the actor!"

You recast!
    Granted with Dumbledore they couldn't really not recast because they were adapting books and Dumbledore is too important to the plot.

Mighty Member

There's a Lucha Libre series going to be on disney+ too.

-Harrison Ford as Thunderbolt Ross is such a weird cast. Even though we all know that William Hurt's Thunderbolt Ross was nowhere near a major character or as beloved as Chadwick Boseman and his T'Challa, I'm still iffy on how they're handling this.

Maybe they're bringing him in for a couple of movies so they could at some point kill him off and replace him with someone else?

I want Harrison Ford in the MCU but preferably as a different character.

-I had no idea what to expect from Ironheart when it was first announced but I like the magic vs tech angle they seem to be going for. This was one of the most intriguing aspects of Iron Man that they never got to explore in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Some leaks from Black Panther's next movie say that the reign of Namor is not going to be Atlantis. Any idea why they changed it? Is it to avoid confusion with Aquaman's movies or what?
    Aquaman plus they want a name that can be copyrighted. It's still an underwater kingdom but it's called Talocan and not Atlantis.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Yup, only the trinity (Cap, Stark, & Thor) had a real arc up until Endgame. Then Thor's got completely screwed in his forth film.

I mean even Pete didn't really even have an arc other than "hey Mr. Stark..."
    I feel like everyone's story arc had some swerves and course corrections. It's less obvious with Caps.

Peter Quill's has been pretty consistent as well, let's how Vol 3 wraps up his story.

As for the other Peter, problem is having to play follow up to whatever Avengers movie that preceded his. Part of the reason why NWH worked so well was because it was a direct sequel to FFH and they were fully immersed in the world of Spider-Man instead of trying too hard to be different. Not to mention Dr Strange is the perfect guest star. I hope they keep Spider-Man more solo and street level in future MCU projects.

----------

He is comedic but he has also dramatic roles in the past. I think he's a good choice for the role. His face already kind of resembles Mephisto minus the red and point ears.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Sure beats Twitters idea of having Miles Teller play Maker. Lmao.
    Is it wrong if I want this to happen? >_>

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Is it wrong if I want this to happen? >_>
    Yes. Yes it is. Miles Teller makes everything worse.