Page 567 of 775 FirstFirst ... 67467517557563564565566567568569570571577617667 ... LastLast
Results 8,491 to 8,505 of 11619

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Well again, if the Leader is trying to get his hands on the SSS then being in a Cap film makes perfect sense. Plus it is kind of odd for villains to only plague the same hero all the time. This makes the MCU feel more connected/lived in, imo.
    oh yay... someone trying to get SSS... so... original lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    oh yay... someone trying to get SSS... so... original lol
    For the MCU, it actually is original. We haven't actually seen that in film yet.

I'm kind of super-soldiered out to be honest.

Extraordinary Member

Civil War already used the idea of creating more Super Soldiers as a red herring. Even in 2016 they knew that was a story viewers didn't really want to see.

I mean, the Leader is involved so it's probably just going to be an excuse to transform people into Hulks.

For the MCU, it actually is original. We haven't actually seen that in film yet.
    IH and CW used this plot

and literally just had a show about it

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    IH and CW used this plot

and literally just had a show about it
    Not really, no. IH was about trying to find the Hulk, hoping it would leave to an alternative to the SSS and CW wasn't about seeking the SSS at all. In fact, the supersoldiers were a misdirect.

Cap 4 is likely about Leader needing the SSS, specifically, for his experiments.

Apparently there has been a leak for 3 What If? episodes

For anyone interested in checking it out

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi...pisodes_enjoy/
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just noticed the mention that Namor is "covered in Vibranium?" and the all-female Wakanda Forever which just reminded me that M'Baku is the only token black guy on the heroes' side.

Wakanda is becoming Themyscira .
    I missed the Namor thing, where does it say he's covered in vibranium?

And the mostly female cast is definitely unusual, but there's been plenty of films where the cast was nearly all male with a single woman, so....it's odd, sure, but is it really a problem?

Oh, and as much as I love Themyscria, it's not *nearly* as cool as Wakanda.

People would vilify Skaar if they tried to replace Teddy with him.
    I guess maybe? I don't know if Hulkling has enough clout for anyone outside us nerds to give a damn? Now, if Skaar is straight in the MCU and replaces Teddy, then things will (rightfully) get loud, as that's cutting out proper representation. But if they just fuse Skaar into Teddy's life, including his relationship with Wiccan, then I doubt the general public will care. Hell, they'll likely be more interested in the son of Banner than the son of Mar-Vell. I bet the general public doesn't even remember Lawson/Mar-Vell's name in that movie. As long as Skaar is gay, he'll likely get a free pass for replacing Teddy. If that's what actually happens, it's all pure conjecture at this point right?

Although the way they introduced him does not give me high expectations.
    Same. Skaar's random, last second drop in the finale was just about the only blemish on an otherwise stupidly fun episode. I'm not looking forward to seeing him again at all.

I have to assume they'll have him go Savage again at some point because it always happens in the comics and it's arguably him at his strongest, if less controllable. And also because his current merged form just doesn't seem anywhere near as effective Hulk-wise.
    Eh, the films have proven they are more than comfortable doing things differently. I'm sure Marvel wants some of that pure Hulked out goodness again, but there's ways to get that without Banner's arc regressing. Maybe that's what they'll do, I don't know, but I'd hope that Banner going savage again would be limited to a one-off occurrence, akin to when Wanda tripped him out in AoU. If we're going to have several Hulks running around, I say let one of them be the savage, and let Banner's journey continue to move forward, not back.

Personally, I'm hoping they eventually go Maestro with Ruffalo/Banner. Not for a long while yet, but someday.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Apparently there has been a leak for 3 What If? episodes

For anyone interested in checking it out

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudi...pisodes_enjoy/

That would be pointless because of the What If episodes are a rehash of already existing stories so why would I want to rob myself of watching it again?
    Last edited by Tofali; 10-22-2022 at 07:23 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Not really, no. IH was about trying to find the Hulk, hoping it would leave to an alternative to the SSS and CW wasn't about seeking the SSS at all. In fact, the supersoldiers were a misdirect.

Cap 4 is likely about Leader needing the SSS, specifically, for his experiments.
    hunt hulk down for his blood to make new sss

cw the main heroes thought that is what zemo wanted, it still drove the plot because they thought that. hell thats why starks parents died

falcap, the whole show revolved around that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I missed the Namor thing, where does it say he's covered in vibranium?

And the mostly female cast is definitely unusual, but there's been plenty of films where the cast was nearly all male with a single woman, so....it's odd, sure, but is it really a problem?

Oh, and as much as I love Themyscria, it's not *nearly* as cool as Wakanda.
    I think Shuri mentions it.

I mean, I think it's a problem in the sense of a lack of an identifiable heroic figure other than M'Baku for black boys...and M'Baku's not T'Challa.

Well, when writers let their ideas go crazy it's cool. Wakanda doesn't have a purple ray, last I checked. Or Kanga's .
    I guess maybe? I don't know if Hulkling has enough clout for anyone outside us nerds to give a damn? Now, if Skaar is straight in the MCU and replaces Teddy, then things will (rightfully) get loud, as that's cutting out proper representation. But if they just fuse Skaar into Teddy's life, including his relationship with Wiccan, then I doubt the general public will care. Hell, they'll likely be more interested in the son of Banner than the son of Mar-Vell. I bet the general public doesn't even remember Lawson/Mar-Vell's name in that movie. As long as Skaar is gay, he'll likely get a free pass for replacing Teddy. If that's what actually happens, it's all pure conjecture at this point right?
    I mean, taking one of Marvel's most popular or well-known gay characters with his own character, background, and relationships and giving it to a character who has no connection to it? And just saying "if we make this character gay it's okay to replace another genuinely gay character?" I think it'd be bad optics for Marvel.

People want Billy and Teddy, not Billy and Skaar in place of Teddy.
    Eh, the films have proven they are more than comfortable doing things differently. I'm sure Marvel wants some of that pure Hulked out goodness again, but there's ways to get that without Banner's arc regressing. Maybe that's what they'll do, I don't know, but I'd hope that Banner going savage again would be limited to a one-off occurrence, akin to when Wanda tripped him out in AoU. If we're going to have several Hulks running around, I say let one of them be the savage, and let Banner's journey continue to move forward, not back.

Personally, I'm hoping they eventually go Maestro with Ruffalo/Banner. Not for a long while yet, but someday.
    Bruce's arc wasn't even properly developed to begin with thanks to the time-skip. And Savage Hulk is probably still inside of him because of the split-personality issue, we've yet to see he can be as effective or as strong without him in control. And his "fight" with Jen wasn't enough in my opinion.

I'm not even sure they could Maestro justice considering their spotty villain track record or how they view Hulk as mostly a dopey comedy character now.

I mean, I think it's a problem in the sense of a lack of an identifiable heroic figure other than M'Baku for black boys...and M'Baku's not T'Challa.
    Not wrong. Black kids, hell people of all ages and colors, need to see that. It's a big part of why I wanted a recast. But people need to see heroic black women too. I mean, the whole situation is messed up, trying to do Black Panther without the Black Panther. But compared to trying to do the franchise without T'Challa it seems to me that the film having a mostly female cast is a really small issue.

Well, when writers let their ideas go crazy it's cool. Wakanda doesn't have a purple ray, last I checked. Or Kanga's .
    No, but they got kimoyo beads and giant rhinos and wifi.

Love me some Themyscria, I adore Wonder Woman and her mythos. But Wakanda? That place is like, everything humanity should be and strive for. Discounting the occasional Coates-style run, anyway.

I mean, taking one of Marvel's most popular or well-known gay characters with his own character, background, and relationships and giving it to a character who has no connection to it? And just saying "if we make this character gay it's okay to replace another genuinely gay character?" I think it'd be bad optics for Marvel.

People want Billy and Teddy, not Billy and Skaar in place of Teddy.
    It'd absolutely be bad optics, if people in the general audience know it's happening. That's what I'm wondering, would people even notice? Is Teddy that big a deal on social media or anywhere? Don't get me twisted, I don't want Skaar taking over Teddy's role and life. But would the average person get pissed about it, when they've probably never heard of Hulkling at all?

Certainly if twitter or some other outlet got loud about it, the news would carry over into the general audience, but *would* it get loud enough for the normies to pick up on? I'd hope so, but I dunno if it would? Probably a non-issue anyway, there's no actual reason to think Skaar is replacing Teddy.

Bruce's arc wasn't even properly developed to begin with thanks to the time-skip. And Savage Hulk is probably still inside of him because of the split-personality issue, we've yet to see he can be as effective or as strong without him in control. And his "fight" with Jen wasn't enough in my opinion.
    The savage is probably still in there, sure. Bruce has some real deep issues that some gamma balancing isn't gonna resolve. But it also feels like it's far removed from where he is now. He's spent years now, in-universe, happy and balanced and celebrated as a great hero. It'd be painfully regressive to slide him back.

I'm not even sure they could Maestro justice considering their spotty villain track record or how they view Hulk as mostly a dopey comedy character now.
    They might do Maestro justice. They've done right by a couple of villains over the years. Definitely one of the MCU's weakest points (maybe their #1 weak point?) but there *have* been a handful of well done bad guys. And I think Maestro is, or could be, compelling enough to get that effort out of Fiege and co. I mean, Maestro could potentially be a whole multi-phase villain if Marvel were inclined to go there, and a former Avenger as a Big Big Bad has an obvious appeal to it.
    Last edited by Ascended; 10-23-2022 at 08:26 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

So how long until there is a Thunderbolts comic with the Thunderbolts movie line up?

There's like so much actual Captain America content that they haven't adapted yet...and we get The Leader and Hulks?

I know they love the crossovers but, like, franchises can be standalone.
    The movie also has Joaquin Torres and Isaiah Bradley. Leader is the villain. Ruffallo and Maslany are only rumored but not confirmed. Besides, the Leader, most of the movie is SamCap. Ross maybe a Hulk villain but given his military background, it makes sense that he would be in it and ever since CW they've been positioning him more as a villain for the Avengers/MCU.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly