Page 57 of 776 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157557 ... LastLast

trailer 2. It only took two years!

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    There are very prominent rumors that both Doctor Doom and Namor will debut as separate antagonists in Black Panther 2. I guess if itÂ’s true then the movie might be called Black Panther: Three Kings.

It would make sense, as BP focused on an internal struggle while BP2 could focus on an external struggle.

What would you think?
    I think Coogler can do whatever he wants. I trust him. But I think it'd be more fun to focus on either Doom *or* Namor, rather than both at once. These are two really big personalities with a ton of background behind them, and trying to develop Latveria and Atlantis while also giving Wakanda and her citizens (not to mention her king!) proper screen time seems like a difficult act to balance. Not impossible or anything, but difficult. Yeah, BP managed to balance Klaw and Killmonger, but neither of them have the deep backdrop Doom and Namor do.

Plus if the sequel only has one of those villains it can be called "Black Panther: Two Kings" which plays into the sequel numbering better.

I mean, the next few years have four movies each, plus all the Disney+ shows. There's no reason to push Doom and Namor in a single film, there's plenty of time and room to introduce them separately.

Besides, Doom shares villain space with no one! Doom is all the villain a movie needs! Doom has spoken!

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Why would it be "too late" for a solo Hulk?
    Because Ruffalo's contract is nearly expired (I think) and Banner was badly wounded in Endgame and isn't big on violence.

But I don't think that's really a barrier to a new Hulk film though. They can recast Banner if they have to; they've already done it before in the MCU. We love Ruffalo of course, and it wouldn't be the same without him, but Marvel can still re-cast. And even though the Russos wrote Hulk's injury to be permanent there's nothing that says that has to be the case and Banner could heal up before his next appearance. And even though Professor Hulk isn't much on smashing, the one constant in Hulk's journey in the MCU has been change so nothing says this is his final form, or that his next evolution will be just as predisposed to thinking over fighting.

So a new Hulk film doesn't seem impossible at all. And even though Marvel is pushing legacies like She-Hulk, SamCap, JaneThor, etc., if they got the distribution rights to Hulk back I could easily see them shifting gears and giving Banner at least one more solo outing. Though perhaps they'd split the difference and do a movie with She-Hulk where the villain is Maestro.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Is there any commentary for the MCU movies available online?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    trailer 2. It only took two years!

No Marvel Studios logo, so contrary to what some have theorized, I don't think they are planning this as a part of the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Because Ruffalo's contract is nearly expired (I think) and Banner was badly wounded in Endgame and isn't big on violence.

But I don't think that's really a barrier to a new Hulk film though. They can recast Banner if they have to; they've already done it before in the MCU. We love Ruffalo of course, and it wouldn't be the same without him, but Marvel can still re-cast. And even though the Russos wrote Hulk's injury to be permanent there's nothing that says that has to be the case and Banner could heal up before his next appearance. And even though Professor Hulk isn't much on smashing, the one constant in Hulk's journey in the MCU has been change so nothing says this is his final form, or that his next evolution will be just as predisposed to thinking over fighting.

So a new Hulk film doesn't seem impossible at all. And even though Marvel is pushing legacies like She-Hulk, SamCap, JaneThor, etc., if they got the distribution rights to Hulk back I could easily see them shifting gears and giving Banner at least one more solo outing. Though perhaps they'd split the difference and do a movie with She-Hulk where the villain is Maestro.
    At this point I think the only thing left for them to do with MCU Hulk, past the She-Hulk blood transfusion, is have him deal with Maestro.

But I don't think that's really a barrier to a new Hulk film though.
    Agreed with the bold part. Contracts can get renewed (like Downey did for those last two Avengers, or Hemsworth did for who knows how many movies), and the injury could definitely be reversed eventually. We're talking a fictional world where people come back from the dead, after all lol. It would be interesting to see him put in a situation where he HAD to fight despite his new disinterest in violence...and WITH the disadvantage of his messed up arm.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Re: contracts. The core 6 renegotiated their contracts in 2017 after Fiege started answering directly to Iger. We don't know the details of their current one and I don't think they are going to give away too much details with the MCU and online speculation being as big as it is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At this point I think the only thing left for them to do with MCU Hulk, past the She-Hulk blood transfusion, is have him deal with Maestro.
    Finally, someone who speaks English. :P

I speculated this elsewhere. I think Endgame sets up the perfect ground work for villains like Kang and Maestro to show up. I would love to see Ruffallo pull double (or quadruple?) duty as both hero and villain. Though he is getting a bit old for the role. Maestro could be the Hulk from one of the splintered timelines where things went wrong and he really hates stairs. A shame that the Russo bros idea for 2014 Thanos to show up in 2023 with Cap's severed head was rejected, that could have been an interesting set up as well; the Avengers dead save for the Hulk who is hunted and he ends up experimenting on himself to become an even greater Hulk.

One other thing that the MCU hasn't done yet is explore Banner's abusive childhood. As I understand it, the Hulk is actually psycho-physical manifestation of Banner's pent up anger and frustration from his childhood. Maybe it could be explored in the She Hulk series. A shame AoU wasted the opportunity to explore this and instead focused on the weird Banner/Nat romance.

I think Coogler can do whatever he wants. I trust him. But I think it'd be more fun to focus on either Doom *or* Namor, rather than both at once. These are two really big personalities with a ton of background behind them, and trying to develop Latveria and Atlantis while also giving Wakanda and her citizens (not to mention her king!) proper screen time seems like a difficult act to balance. Not impossible or anything, but difficult. Yeah, BP managed to balance Klaw and Killmonger, but neither of them have the deep backdrop Doom and Namor do.

Plus if the sequel only has one of those villains it can be called "Black Panther: Two Kings" which plays into the sequel numbering better.

I mean, the next few years have four movies each, plus all the Disney+ shows. There's no reason to push Doom and Namor in a single film, there's plenty of time and room to introduce them separately.

Besides, Doom shares villain space with no one! Doom is all the villain a movie needs! Doom has spoken!
    i don't think that either make sense as the villains of a black panther movie. i was kind of hoping that the second would get the characters out of Wakanda. that's where T'challa works best (as evidenced by Civil War). Namor should have a solo film first. and Doom can go kick rocks. not sure why they are bothering with the Fantastic Four. they just had that big relaunch in comics. and, big surprise, it's boring as hell. these characters are just outdated. i guess they could get away with them and Doom as a mad men era period piece. otherwise, they are just beyond corny. we already have adventurers, explorers, and hero family units in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. redundant much.

I don't think the FF is any cornier then the rest of Marvel's character roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think the FF is any cornier then the rest of Marvel's character roster.
    and that's a valid opinion. and everyone will get an opportunity to decide for themselves whenever they get a movie off the ground.

Extraordinary Member

I just remembered something: in the comics, it was established that Banner worked with Charles Xavier (pre-X-Men & pre-Hulk). I believed that history was revealed in the last issue of the original X-Men run. A Hulk film could be used to introduced Xavier, besides the easy way to introduce Wolverine.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 01-07-2020 at 09:47 AM.

Ultimate Member

I think it would be best if mutants don't join the MCU.

I love both, but mutant stories pull from real world symbolism. A bitter sweet ending is the best the can hope for, especially in this era. MCU movies, generally, end far more upbeat and I think that compliments the story telling.

Not all, mind, but most.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I think it would be best if mutants don't join the MCU.

I love both, but mutant stories pull from real world symbolism. A bitter sweet ending is the best the can hope for, especially in this era. MCU movies, generally, end far more upbeat and I think that compliments the story telling.

Not all, mind, but most.
    But that’s not going to happen. Besides, I don’t even know what you’re saying. The MCU isn’t all upbeat.