Page 578 of 775 FirstFirst ... 78478528568574575576577578579580581582588628678 ... LastLast
Results 8,656 to 8,670 of 11619

Spectrum looks like fire

Kamala with no mask is not it.

I hate secret identities but Kamala and Peter are the two (rightnow anyway) that it works.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Is the reason Kamala isn't wearing a mask because she's in space and no one will recognize her...?

Even Hal Jordan wears his mask in space.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is the reason Kamala isn't wearing a mask because she's in space and no one will recognize her...?

Even Hal Jordan wears his mask in space.
    Probably just because the rest of them aren't wearing masks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Probably just because the rest of them aren't wearing masks.
    Carol has a helmet.

I guess, to me, it doesn't help that it just doesn't feel like a Thunderbolts team to me and more like a Black Widow spinoff team and I just can't buy them taking on a more impressive threat since it seems outside what the group is designed for.
    It does feel more like the Suicide Squad by way of the Red Room, and not so much like the Bolts, yeah. But, I dunno, maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see but I feel like this is a marketing feint of some kind, and there's something we don't know yet that is going to completely change what we think this movie is gonna be. This is just my own little conspiracy theory, but Marvel not using Zemo, especially after his well received appearance in F&tWS, and all those dancing memes? Not saying anything at all about the main villain? Then there's David Harbour talking about some "big explosion" in the movie. The obvious effort the roster seems to be taking to emulate a Squad aesthetic also seems a little suspect somehow. All that can be boiled down to typical marketing practices, and odds are that's all this is, but something smells off to me.

I think this is why I'm not so bothered by the un-Bolt-ness of what we're seeing. I'm probably way off and the movie will be exactly what it looks like it'll be but right now I'm just humming to myself thinking "it's not what it looks like"

Carol I'm unimpressed by. Looks, she has...shorter sleeves!
    And fewer seams, I think? Meh, I wasn't impressed with her first costume either, looked too mundane, too "human made" for a spec ops Kree soldier. But for what I've come to expect from Marvel I'm satisfied. It's not ugly, and it's not a downgrade. Seems a tiny, itty bitty bit more alien-esque (maybe it's the way they shaped the shoulders?), which is what I think I like most.

Monica looks fantastic man, I dunno how you could be on the fence there.

Also Kamala is already having changes to her costume after, like, barely an hour with her main one. And she looks weird with no mask.
    No mask! That's what was bothering me last night when I was looking at it. Yeah that does seem wrong. But, hey, she's in space so who's gonna recognize her right?

Still, now that it's been pointed out, I can't see anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Kang made everyone forget of Sentry because Sentry is the one who knows how to defeat Kang.
    Oh, I like it.
    Last edited by Ascended; 11-23-2022 at 03:55 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Carol has a helmet.
    Not in that pic of the pillow. Or are you talking about something else?

This Thunderbolts movie really is sounding more and more like Suicide Squad. Especially if they are literally going up against a Superman style opponent in Sentry. If this was the classic Thunderbolts or a more well rounded team I'd be down with it. But what are a couple of super soliders, A non-powered spy/assassin and Ghost gonna do against Sentry by themselves? A more diverse Thunderbolts team would have been appropriate, with heavy hitters like Moonstone, Atlas, Songbird, yes I am still upset none of them are going to be in Thunderbolts. The only one who might stand a chance against Sentry would be Red Hulk.

Not in that pic of the pillow. Or are you talking about something else?
    I'm just saying technically she has a mask too even if she doesn't wear it 24/7, though Kamala's mask is more part of her identity than Carol's helmet is.
    Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    This Thunderbolts movie really is sounding more and more like Suicide Squad. Especially if they are literally going up against a Superman style opponent in Sentry. If this was the classic Thunderbolts or a more well rounded team I'd be down with it. But what are a couple of super soliders, A non-powered spy/assassin and Ghost gonna do against Sentry by themselves? A more diverse Thunderbolts team would have been appropriate, with heavy hitters like Moonstone, Atlas, Songbird, yes I am still upset none of them are going to be in Thunderbolts. The only one who might stand a chance against Sentry would be Red Hulk.
    It makes it more apparent that they don't even have Abomination on this team.

Extraordinary Member

I'm just saying technically she has a mask too even if she doesn't wear it 24/7, though Kamala's mask is more part of her identity than Carol's helmet is.
    Then I will go back to my original answer...none of them have a mask on that pillow. Not to say they will not have masks in the movie.

Then I will go back to my original answer...none of them have a mask on that pillow. Not to say they will not have masks in the movie.
    I guess Kamala just stands out more because she normally has her mask on 24/7.

It makes it more apparent that they don't even have Abomination on this team.
    I wish they had Abomination on the group. I mean is it that hard to sub one of the Super Soldiers for him? This is a very ground level Thunderbolts team.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I wish they had Abomination on the group. I mean is it that hard to sub one of the Super Soldiers for him? This is a very ground level Thunderbolts team.
    I would happily trade Taskmaster for Abomination.

I would happily trade Taskmaster for Abomination.
    Wow! I forgot Taskmaster was on the team, I'm not joking. Everyone talks about the three super soldiers, Yelena, Ghost, and even Val. Taskmaster flies under the radar, and given the very negative to mixed response of that portrayal of Taskmaster it's not surprising. Taskmaster is practically a super soldier so that's like four of them.

Apparently the Marvel Legends Mantis show on Disney+ had a deleted scene from GoTG Vol. 2 that revealed Mantis was Peter's half-sister?

How has that not come up before? In-universe or not? Is it even canon now?

Incredible Member

Apparently the Marvel Legends Mantis show on Disney+ had a deleted scene from GoTG Vol. 2 that revealed Mantis was Peter's half-sister?

How has that not come up before? In-universe or not? Is it even canon now?
    It did come up (and surprised me a bit actually but it does make sense) in the MARVEL LEGENDS snippet that dropped on Disney Plus yesterday) as to whether it's canon, I guess we will have to see if it's acknowledged in the GOTG HOLIDAY SPECIAL (tomorrow) or GOTG VOL 3 but it seems unlikely it would be mentioned if it wasn't going to have some role....