Page 584 of 776 FirstFirst ... 84484534574580581582583584585586587588594634684 ... LastLast
Results 8,746 to 8,760 of 11627
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Meanwhile in the sonyverse--

Hypno-hustler!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...er-1235283667/
    Interesting that they got Donald Glover, who plays Miles Morales's uncle in the MCU. I wonder if this means there aren't really any plans to introduce Miles in that universe, so that's why Donald is jumping ship to something completely unrelated. Poor Miles might end up getting stuck with the likes of Morbius for his live-action career.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Interesting that they got Donald Glover, who plays Miles Morales's uncle in the MCU. I wonder if this means there aren't really any plans to introduce Miles in that universe, so that's why Donald is jumping ship to something completely unrelated. Poor Miles might end up getting stuck with the likes of Morbius for his live-action career.
    I'm not sure how far ahead they were thinking when they threw him into Homecoming, but it probably depends a lot on how long Holland still wants to do it because the only real reason to introduce Miles is to replace Peter as Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Meanwhile in the sonyverse--

Hypno-hustler!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...er-1235283667/
    I thought he would end up being the Prowler after Homecoming. This is quite strange. I'm happy for Donald Glover though to still be in the Spider-Man universe.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I thought he would end up being the Prowler after Homecoming. This is quite strange. I'm happy for Donald Glover though to still be in the Spider-Man universe.
    Michael Mando still waiting to become Scorpion .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Michael Mando still waiting to become Scorpion .
    That hurts. Scorpion was one of my favorite Spidey villains, I would love to see that green arachnid menace on the big screen.

Just popping in here to say:

Meh, it's the multiverse. Glover can be Prowler in the 616 MCU and Hypno Hustler in another one. We already have Gemma Chan, Michelle Yeoh and Chris Evans who have all played more than one Marvel character, two of them have played two different characters in the same universe.

Also, given how shaky the Sony deal is and how the Holland movies were built on the MCU connection, I don't think it's possible to do any real long term planning with this particular Spider-man series. Was anyone expecting the Vulture to jump to another universe after Homecoming? Or for Scorpion to not show up at all in the sequels?

On that note I'm glad that NWH just told a complete story and didn't set up any bait for future Spider-man stories.

The latest rumor mill is that Miles spoilers:
    is going to be next door to Peter's apartment in Spider-Man 4 which I really like.
    end of spoilers Also, how crazy is it that we're actually getting a Spider-Man 4.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Just popping in here to say:

Meh, it's the multiverse. Glover can be Prowler in the 616 MCU and Hypno Hustler in another one. We already have Gemma Chan, Michelle Yeoh and Chris Evans who have all played more than one Marvel character, two of them have played two different characters in the same universe.
    I don't think that's a very good comparison because all those actors got those other roles precisely because they were done with their previous ones and were not going to play them again. I mean, just look at the other MCU actor they cast in the Sonyverse: Aaron Taylor-Johnson, who's been done with his MCU role for years. It's not impossible that he could play both, but I don't see it as a good sign.

I guess one possibility is that we might get Miles without Aaron, but that's also weird considering his character was the one thing setting up Miles in the MCU so far, and they even made him mention Miles by name in one deleted scene.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-17-2022 at 10:57 PM.

I don't think that's a very good comparison because all those actors got those other roles precisely because they were done with their previous ones and were not going to play them again. I mean, just look at the other MCU actor they cast in the Sonyverse: Aaron Taylor-Johnson, who's been done with his MCU role for years. It's not impossible that he could play both, but I don't see it as a good sign.

I guess one possibility is that we might get Miles without Aaron, but that's also weird considering his character was the one thing setting up Miles in the MCU so far, and they even made him mention Miles by name in one deleted scene.
    I don't think we are even close to a Miles solo movie anytime soon. At best he will be introduced or teased in Spider-Man 4. I can see 5 and 6 being Peter training Miles. Its depends on how many movies Holland is willing to do now. Glover as Hypno Hustler is basically 'hey, I'm still around, connected to this but I'm going to do my own thing until they bring me into the main 616 MCU'.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

How about Josh Brolin as Cable and Thanos?

First plot synposis for The Marvels:

Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel has reclaimed her identity from the tyrannical Kree and taken revenge on the Supreme Intelligence. But unintended consequences see Carol shouldering the burden of a destabilized universe. When her duties send her to an anomalous wormhole linked to a Kree revolutionary, her powers become entangled with that of Jersey City super-fan, Kamala Khan aka Ms. Marvel, and Carol’s estranged niece Captain Monica Rambeau. Together, this unlikely trio must team-up and learn to work in concert to save the universe as 'The Marvels.'

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    How about Josh Brolin as Cable and Thanos?
    It's true that he played both characters in movies that came out the same year, but I doubt Brolin ever thought he'd be in a long term commitment to both roles going forward. Production on Infinity War/Endgame happened back to back, so he likely knew his time was coming to an end. If the FOX-Menverse hadn't gone belly up, it's likely his focus would've remained on playing Cable in the now scrapped X-Force franchise they were building.

That being said, I also think the CGI aspect of Thanos makes the situation different. Like, I could see Bradley Cooper or Vin Diesel playing a superhero in a competitor cinematic universe since we don't ever see their actual faces in the MCU, but I have a hard time seeing the same happening to, say, Brie Larson or Simu Liu, 'cause their images are way too attached to Marvel Studios right now.

Monica being officially referred to as Carol's niece is weird. lol

Monica being officially referred to as Carol's niece is weird. lol
    Well, I guess they couldn't use "daughter" .

The whole family situation was kind of weird way of re-framing Monica, I have to admit, even if it made more sense from the POV of this being Carol's franchise.

Well, I guess they couldn't use "daughter" .

The whole family situation was kind of weird way of re-framing Monica, I have to admit, even if it made more sense from the POV of this being Carol's franchise.
    I think goddaughter would've been a better term. It acknowledges that Carol was a part of her life without the awkward implication that she and Maria somehow had a sister-like relationship, which is not the vibe I got from the first movie at all.

But yeah, the whole adaptation of the Rambeau family was basically one huge plot device for Carol. The whole idea of erasing one of Monica's black parents so she could idolize Carol instead was very white feminism. And WandaVision killing Maria off-screen didn't help. Hopefully Nia DaCosta finds a way to give Monica her due.

I think goddaughter would've been a better term. It acknowledges that Carol was a part of her life without the awkward implication that she and Maria somehow had a sister-like relationship, which is not the vibe I got from the first movie at all.

But yeah, the whole adaptation of the Rambeau family was basically one huge plot device for Carol. The whole idea of erasing one of Monica's black parents so she could idolize Carol instead was very white feminism. And WandaVision killing Maria off-screen didn't help. Hopefully Nia DaCosta finds a way to give Monica her due.
    I kinda love that Monica not rocking with Carol, cause it’s very much giving abandonment from our POV right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I kinda love that Monica not rocking with Carol, cause it’s very much giving abandonment from our POV right now.
    Yeah, I think we're going to see the consequences of the fact that Carol is always charging ahead and never stops moving for five seconds because from Monica's perspective she basically abandoned her and wasn't there when Monica needed her the most after her mom died.

It also sounds like her one-woman crusade against the Kree and Supreme Intelligence doesn't end cleanly either.