Page 59 of 775 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159559 ... LastLast

I can see Christian Bale as Gorr but chances are all our picks are wrong

FF is probably the easier of the two franchises to bring in but I'll be more excited for the X-men.

Jodie Comer is in talks to play Amora the Enchantress in Thor Love and Thunder.

I love her in Killing Eve!

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Mutant racism is meant to be illogical and hypocritical. It wasn’t meant to make sense, like real world racism.
    Well, no bigotry really makes any sense. But I think there's a broken kind of "internal logic" with mutant hatred. Like, a random untrained kid can fall in a pool of toxic waste, get powers, put on a cape and be celebrated as a hero, but a random, untrained kid who suddenly manifests a mutation but just wants to go to work like normal is a threat?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Mutant racism is meant to be illogical and hypocritical. It wasn’t meant to make sense, like real world racism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, no bigotry really makes any sense. But I think there's a broken kind of "internal logic" with mutant hatred. Like, a random untrained kid can fall in a pool of toxic waste, get powers, put on a cape and be celebrated as a hero, but a random, untrained kid who suddenly manifests a mutation but just wants to go to work like normal is a threat?
    It's like when inhumans appear around humans, people thought that it made no sense because they weren't mutants, when in reality anyone with mysterious powers are feared irrationally. Captain America: Civil War was all about humans fearing the Avengers because of their powers and the trouble it came with.

If they did it with the Avengers, they can extend it to the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    If that's legit, great. She's probably the one big classic Thor character/villain they haven't done yet other then Ulik.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Again, it's not supposed to make perfect sense just like how real world racism works. However, there's a sense of paranoia that a mutant can be anyone, and furthermore the idea that mutants are the next evolution of humankind doesn't sit well either, fueling those fears and creating prejudice on a wide scale.

Fantastic Member

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/d...el-1203462569/

Doctor Strange sequel loses director over creative differences

https://www.cbr.com/doctor-strange-m...on-steps-down/

Scott Derrickson drops out of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness as director over creative differences. He's still on as EP.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I wonder what went down with Derrickson. People's favorite guess is ''he wanted to do more horror but Marvel said no'' but IDK, I feel like the fact that the project was apparently being so attached to shows like WandaVision and Loki could've been an issue as well. Maybe he felt like he had to work with more than he signed up for.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    What's the source for this? It would be an A+ casting choice.

Well it's because Derrickson said it was gonna be a gothic horror movie. And then Feige came out recently and said it wasn't a horror movie, that it'd have some horror elements. So the natural expectation is that they are making it more family friendly. Since it's Disney.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I wonder what went down with Derrickson. People's favorite guess is ''he wanted to do more horror but Marvel said no'' but IDK, I feel like the fact that the project was apparently being so attached to shows like WandaVision and Loki could've been an issue as well. Maybe he felt like he had to work with more than he signed up for.
    I think that's accurate. Just saying "oh, he wanted to be more horror and Disney said no" doesn't get to what really is going on with this movie. Derrickson likely had a certain level of creative freedom on the original, given that it was setting up the character and had - at the time - no heavy connection with the MCU. With this sequel, it's a May release - and May films are always especially high-profile ones for Marvel - and it's not only connected to WandaVision but certainly also setting up a good deal of other story threads going forward.

Feige has said the key concept in this next MCU phase is the multiverse so this sequel is going to be very important and has to shoulder a lot of weight. I simply don't think Derrickson was up for it. Remember, this is a guy who was previously known for low budget horror films. Not everyone can easily make that jump into the arena of event films. James Gunn has handled it just fine, going from the likes of Slither to GotG, but I suspect Derrickson has a different artistic temperament. As soon as Derrickson made a tweet about studio mandated release dates being the enemy of creativity, I knew his days helming DS 2 were numbered. As soon as someone posts that, the obvious next conversation with the studio is them asking "do you really want to be here?"

But it seems like an amicable parting and I bet that, before the end of the month, a replacement will be named. Somehow, I don't think Marvel is going to have a hard time finding someone eager to fill that role.

For what it's worth, I always imagined Multiverse of Madness' horror as being psychedelic and dreamy Lovecraftian horrors involving existentialism and the scary unknown and beyond, fitting with a being like Nightmare, and the possibility of Shuma-Gorath in the movie. This as opposed to the stereotypical "jump scare" horror. I don't see how it wouldn't be marketable, not only is it MCU, but even Aquaman touched on the horror genre with The Trench segment, and that was a billion dollar hit.

All respect to what Derrickson brought to the table for the first movie, but I thought the Russo's did a better job of realizing Strange on-film so I'm kind of fine with a new director coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I feel like the ship may of sailed on introducing Balder. Another long lost sibling will feel a bit redundant after Hela in the previous movie.

Bale would make a good Dario Agger.
    Unless its a good sibling in trouble, Balder is in one of the other realms and Thor or "Thor" needs to save him you could say its Brotherly Love and Thunder lol

I could see Bale either playing Balder or Gorr