Page 590 of 777 FirstFirst ... 90490540580586587588589590591592593594600640690 ... LastLast
Results 8,836 to 8,850 of 11652

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I wonder if this Adam Driver as Mr. Fantastic rumor is true. If so probably very good casting.
    I wouldn't think he'd want to be part of another big Disney franchise so soon after Star Wars, but I suppose anything is possible. I was more fond of the Penn Badgley casting rumor.

Extraordinary Member

Angela Bassett won a Golden Globe for BP2

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I wonder if this Adam Driver as Mr. Fantastic rumor is true. If so probably very good casting.
    He wouldn't be my first choice (either for Reed or Sue) even if I think he's a phenomenal actor.

Niffleheim

I already dislike most of the characters Adam Driver portrays so him playing Reed would be perfect.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I'm sure there's a good role for Driver in the MCU but I dunno if it's Reed.

But then, I don't think the fans will happily accept anyone in that role who isn't John Krazinski (spelling?). If Marvel plans on casting someone else, they never should have rolled with the fan casting for Strange 2, now that the Krazinski guys have gotten a taste they'll never accept anyone different.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm sure there's a good role for Driver in the MCU but I dunno if it's Reed.

But then, I don't think the fans will happily accept anyone in that role who isn't John Krazinski (spelling?). If Marvel plans on casting someone else, they never should have rolled with the fan casting for Strange 2, now that the Krazinski guys have gotten a taste they'll never accept anyone different.
    I mean, Krasinski didn't wow me in MoM personally...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, Krasinski didn't wow me in MoM personally...
    Really? I thought I was the only one!

You think the Reed-Krasinski fans were also let down? Or are they as emphatic as ever?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

https://www.deviantart.com/needham-c...47012#comments

Someone pitched Taika Watiti in the role. I also liked Lee Pace from Halt and Catch fire.

I liked fancasting Driver. It's a way to play with type casting and Reed has gone bad in the Ultimate Universe.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-13-2023 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Really? I thought I was the only one!

You think the Reed-Krasinski fans were also let down? Or are they as emphatic as ever?
    They were probably let down by him getting killed off like that but it seems like people just ate up the cameos.

I ate those cameos up because that was all it seemed like they were meant to be, so it was a nice nod to the fans. Krasinski didn't "wow" me either but he wasn't there to deliver "wow" material. He was there to make you ooh and aah in a meta sort of way before Wanda fucked him up, like the rest of them.

I mean he only had about 10 lines, so I wouldn't have his performance off just that. I like how he looked and think he'd be good if given more to work with.

To me it just felt like wasting a bunch of characters for unceremonious deaths courtesy of Marvel's obsession with crazy Wanda, but your mileage may vary.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To me it just felt like wasting a bunch of characters for unceremonious deaths courtesy of Marvel's obsession with crazy Wanda, but your mileage may vary.
    I mean, if those were the only versions of them I would agree, but...multiverse.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Strange academy series starring wong?

https://comicbookmovie.com/doctor-st...8807#gs.n70s6x

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I mean, if those were the only versions of them I would agree, but...multiverse.
    Well, we know we're getting a "Prime Reed" and inevitably Professor X I know they'll always find some way to bring Hayley Atwell back, but Black Bolt is probably out of luck as are some of the other actors they brought back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Strange academy series starring wong?

https://comicbookmovie.com/doctor-st...8807#gs.n70s6x
    Watch Wong barely able to get his own class of students to take him seriously .