Page 591 of 776 FirstFirst ... 91491541581587588589590591592593594595601641691 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,865 of 11632

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Strange academy series starring wong?

https://comicbookmovie.com/doctor-st...8807#gs.n70s6x
    I want a scene where Wong's entire class is listening to Beyonce as a requirement. The Strange Academy news is surprising given how relatively recent the concept is I believe. I wonder what students and teachers they would have.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I want a scene where Wong's entire class is listening to Beyonce as a requirement. The Strange Academy news is surprising given how relatively recent the concept is I believe. I wonder what students and teachers they would have.
    Maybe they'll remember they killed off Jericho Drumm (Brother Voodoo) brother in Strange 1 and bring him in .

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Is Marvel revealing too much or not? Up to you.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Will Marvel ever stop shooting movies solely in the "volume"? I miss real sets, I mean they can't do what Andor did? Or at the very least spend time on the CGI like Avatar

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Will Marvel ever stop shooting movies solely in the "volume"? I miss real sets, I mean they can't do what Andor did? Or at the very least spend time on the CGI like Avatar
    To an extent, I kind of agree. I was listening to a podcast this morning where they were talking about Jackie Chan's first Police Story movie that came out in about '85, wayyyyyyyyy before I believe they even used CGI for even the smallest of effects. While I've never seen the movie, myself, they were describing a scene where multiple cars literally drove right through a shanty town they created for the film, creating the exact kind of carnage and destruction they wanted to capture. Listening to this even made me more disappointed when I remembered watching some behind the scenes footage of Endgame where even the inside of Avengers Compound where they were first testing out time travel with Scott was CGI. Like, fer real? They couldn't've just rented a warehouse somewhere in Atlanta and dress it up a little bit? It just seemed entirely unnecessary.

Getting back to the aforementioned scene in Police Story, though, the podcasters later went on to state that one of the stunt people for that scene had to be carried out on a stretcher later, so yes, for particularly dangerous scenes I can completely understand the need for CGI.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    To an extent, I kind of agree. I was listening to a podcast this morning where they were talking about Jackie Chan's first Police Story movie that came out in about '85, wayyyyyyyyy before I believe they even used CGI for even the smallest of effects. While I've never seen the movie, myself, they were describing a scene where multiple cars literally drove right through a shanty town they created for the film, creating the exact kind of carnage and destruction they wanted to capture. Listening to this even made me more disappointed when I remembered watching some behind the scenes footage of Endgame where even the inside of Avengers Compound where they were first testing out time travel with Scott was CGI. Like, fer real? They couldn't've just rented a warehouse somewhere in Atlanta and dress it up a little bit? It just seemed entirely unnecessary.

Getting back to the aforementioned scene in Police Story, though, the podcasters later went on to state that one of the stunt people for that scene had to be carried out on a stretcher later, so yes, for particularly dangerous scenes I can completely understand the need for CGI.

Yeah in the tale end of the Infinity Saga the CGI was starting to become pretty ropey (I'm looking at you Iron Man Nanotech suit); but man Thor & Ant-Man look like crap because of the Volume shooting.

Everything is so flat and the criticism that we're simply getting a TV series in a movie theater rings true with every new movie release.

I am willing to only get two movies per year if it means it looks better then what we've been getting.

I just hope GoTG v3 won't look this bad because the first 2 volumes look pretty stellar.

Extraordinary Member

Black Panther Wakanda Forever Secures China Release Date

I'm pretty over the all CGI suits with the retractable face masks/helmets.

Why did Thor even have a helmet when he poofed his new costume in L&T? He almost immediately took it off and never wore it again. At least Jane bothered but it was, yet again, retractable because we don't even want to bother with the actors taking the helmet off because we need to see their faces as quickly as possible.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm pretty over the all CGI suits with the retractable face masks/helmets.

Why did Thor even have a helmet when he poofed his new costume in L&T? He almost immediately took it off and never wore it again. At least Jane bothered but it was, yet again, retractable because we don't even want to bother with the actors taking the helmet off because we need to see their faces as quickly as possible.
    With certain characters like Thor, the MCU has always made a very strong case for them to go without. And if Scott's costume can grow or shrink in size along with him, I don't see why it can't be retractable as well.

That said, what I liked most about Iron Man's suits up until the end of CW was that as scifi as it was, it wasn't, like, super scifi. Like, he needed external devices to bolt/unbolt and screw/unscrew him out of it. I really didn't think much of the nanite suits introduced in BP forward, although they made for extremely convenient plot devices in the aforementioned movie and Endgame (even though they're still two of my favorite MCU movies).
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    With certain characters like Thor, the MCU has always made a very strong case for them to go without. And if Scott's costume can grow or shrink in size along with him, I don't see why it can't be retractable as well.

That said, what I liked most about Iron Man's suits up until the end of CW was that as scifi as it was, it wasn't, like, super scifi. Like, he needed external devices to bolt/unbolt and screw/unscrew him out of it. I really didn't think much of the nanite suits introduced in BP forward, although they made for extremely convenient plot devices in the aforementioned movie and Endgame (even though they're still two of my favorite MCU movies).
    I mean, I think Hemsworth looks fine in a helmet but he never wears them for more than two minutes. Unless the helmet was that uncomfortable or too loose I don't see why he couldn't at least wear it for battle scenes and such.

The Ant-Man/Wasp masks I don't really love being full face masks, because I know how expressive the characters are in the comics (well, Janet versus Hope) but I guess it makes sense in the context of how they established Pym Particles and is easier for stunts and roleplay. Which might be why they still gave Thor a helmet for Love and Thunder even though he didn't even do anything with it.

I think they really pushed it too far with Spider-Man.

It's kind of like the opposite of tokusatsu where you do have these characters in these full body suits and masks but there's more character acting in the actual suit because they don't retract every time they want the character to emote or show off their face.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel Studios Wanted Two Black Panthers In the MCU at the Same Time

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To me it just felt like wasting a bunch of characters for unceremonious deaths courtesy of Marvel's obsession with crazy Wanda, but your mileage may vary.
    And one of those deaths being Wanda's character after WandaVision got started on that.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    So the ban is now over

Extraordinary Member

Wakanda forever could make it 900 million dollars or more now.
    It may still not reach a billion dollars(russia is still out of the picture too)but reaching a billion dollars is still not necessary but it will get closer to it.

Ant-man 3 will be shown in china too.
    Last edited by mace11; 01-17-2023 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    the bigger question is how are they gonna remove black people from the poster this time?